New viral video: "Our family is growing"

Started by JaaayDee, Mar 17, 2012, 07:14:02 PM

Author
New viral video: "Our family is growing" (Read 33,147 times)

theiss2003

Anyone else noticed a little detail? Ridley does follow the old alphabetical android naming tradition from the series:

Ash
Bishop
Call
David

;D

Nightmare Asylum

That video was awesome! Really loving the viral marketing so far!

And I hope the viral video from WonderCon makes it online! :)

This stuff all better be on the Blu Ray :D

MOVIELORD101

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 17, 2012, 07:53:20 PM

what viral video from WonderCon? ???

JaaayDee

Quote from: MOVIELORD101 on Mar 17, 2012, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 17, 2012, 07:53:20 PM

what viral video from WonderCon? ???
I second this question.

Nightmare Asylum

This one that ikarop just posted about :)

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 17, 2012, 07:37:18 PM
Amazing:
During the pic's WonderCon panel earlier today, fans were given cards from Weyland Corp that directed them to a website and a phone number. If you call the number, an operator informs you that all Weyland Corp lines are busy, but calls your attention to a text message you've just received. The text message gives you a link that directs you to a truly spectacular video narrated by one of the film's stars.

http://collider.com/prometheus-viral-video/153007/

EDIT: Ohhh, that post was talking about the video I just watched...I thought it was about something different. Nevermind :-\

MrSpaceJockey

Though I really can't wait to see what other videos they have in store for us.

And that's strange, wasn't the line "big things have small beginnings" "leaked" from a reported trailer, instead of a viral video? It wouldn't make sense to have that line in the film, unless David likes to promote his own line of androids. Which I suppose, is possible, since Burke said "building better worlds" in ALIENS.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Mar 17, 2012, 08:12:37 PM
Though I really can't wait to see what other videos they have in store for us.

And that's strange, wasn't the line "big things have small beginnings" "leaked" from a reported trailer, instead of a viral video? It wouldn't make sense to have that line in the film, unless David likes to promote his own line of androids. Which I suppose, is possible, since Burke said "building better worlds" in ALIENS.

Its plausible that there are screens in the Prometheus (or in/on other tech) that run Weyland commercials.

RabidNinja

Quote from: theiss2003 on Mar 17, 2012, 07:50:15 PM
Anyone else noticed a little detail? Ridley does follow the old alphabetical android naming tradition from the series:

Ash
Bishop
Call
David

;D

Haha holy crap i never payed much attention to that :) scotts being all sneaky. that or it was just pure coincidence. either way, nice eye :)

Firestorm

I'd hardy call this vid "Truly spectacular", but i do love the touch of the white fluid that starts to flow down the IV, just like the Ash and Bishop droids.

St_Eddie

This is the first time we've heard Fassbender as David.  He's playing the part with the same accent he used for his role in 'Inglourious Basterds'.

Eldritch

Excellent, just excellent!

I love the backstory they are giving the movie and the universe surrounding it. I hope these things will be available as extras on the Blu-Ray this coming fall/winter.

SpaceMarines

Great as a viral ad, but if that were a real advertisement for a real product, it would be terrible.

Disturb and terrify the shit out of our customers! :laugh:

AlexVelez

Quote from: theiss2003 on Mar 17, 2012, 07:50:15 PM

Ash
Bishop
Call
David

;D

I don't think Ridley had anything to do with the naming of the androids. It's more than likely the writers, considering each Alien film has had a different director.

JaaayDee

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 17, 2012, 08:57:22 PM
Great as a viral ad, but if that were a real advertisement for a real product, it would be terrible.

Disturb and terrify the shit out of our customers! :laugh:

Maybe according to the present demographic, but 60 years from now people would have probably been exposed to so many androids that that commercial would be amazing to them.

SpaceMarines

I think there will forever be something disturbing about a man shrink-wrapped in plastic suddenly moving with a quick jerk.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed