Daniel Twiss Talks Prometheus

Started by Darkness, May 22, 2012, 12:23:58 PM

Author
Daniel Twiss Talks Prometheus (Read 50,288 times)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 06:21:39 PM
Quote from: ladyferry on May 22, 2012, 06:16:43 PM
Daniel is GORGEOUS without the latex (sorry for going off topic!):

http://www.zeoteksiteviewer.co.uk/model-gallery/model-details_male.asp?g=2&c=0&id=860
Whoa. :o
Dayymn... ahem, feel free to stop by and engineer my broken... (casually drops a screwdriver into spinning fan) ventilation anytime  :P ;)

ladyferry

ladyferry

Quote from: Eva on May 22, 2012, 06:40:43 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 06:21:39 PM
Quote from: ladyferry on May 22, 2012, 06:16:43 PM
Daniel is GORGEOUS without the latex (sorry for going off topic!):

http://www.zeoteksiteviewer.co.uk/model-gallery/model-details_male.asp?g=2&c=0&id=860
Whoa. :o
Dayymn... ahem, feel free to stop by and engineer my broken... (casually drops a screwdriver into spinning fan) ventilation anytime  :P ;)

He can 'melt' all over me too!

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

You girls are too funny.  :D

I admit, for a dude he's pretty good looking but then again he's a model. It's his job to look good. ;)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 22, 2012, 08:25:40 PM
If you think the girls are funny, take a gander at the boys in the Hot Woman thread. They're hilarious. :P

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 08:28:29 PM
If you think the girls are funny, take a gander at the boys in the Hot Woman thread. They're hilarious. :P

There's a hot women thread?

Sign me up.  :D ;)

I learn more and more about this place and the wonderful people that inhabit it everyday.  :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 22, 2012, 08:31:00 PM

I learn more and more about this place and the wonderful people that inhabit it everyday.  :laugh:
There's other boards here than just the PROMETHEUS one ya know ;)

ladyferry

ladyferry

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 22, 2012, 08:31:00 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 08:28:29 PM

Is there a hot blokes thread too?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ladyferry on May 22, 2012, 08:37:21 PM
Yup. ;)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

If the implication is that the melted engineer started biological life on this planet that's fine. It's just panspermia with aliens instead of asteroids; the gap in our knowledge about the 'spark' of life is likely wide enough to accommodate it... it's the aliens posing for cave paintings stuff that really bothers me.

This also might imply that the engineers are subservient to another race, which is an idea I like.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 22, 2012, 08:59:36 PM
If the implication is that the melted engineer started biological life on this planet that's fine. It's just panspermia with aliens instead of asteroids; the gap in our knowledge about the 'spark' of life is likely wide enough to accommodate it... it's the aliens posing for cave paintings stuff that really bothers me.
The problem is that if these beings have been around for billions of years, then why---

Oh, nevermind. It's not worth griping anymore. I just hope the film doesn't suck at this point. :P

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 08:42:16 PM
Quote from: ladyferry on May 22, 2012, 08:37:21 PM
Yup. ;)

Equality in Action, I like it.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 09:01:34 PM
The problem is that if these beings have been around for billions of years, then why---

Oh, nevermind. It's not worth griping anymore. I just hope the film doesn't suck at this point. :P

That is about the highest level of optimism I can now muster, as well.

If the
Spoiler
sacrificial engineer started Life on Earth,
[close]
what exactly are the chances that a species of intelligent primates would develop that just so happened to be morphologically identical to the very same engineers?  The answer is infinitesimally small.  And what has their race/civilization been doing in the ensuing 4 billion years?  Apparently, not much, except for making a few recent stops by Earth to pose for some Neolithic painters. 

WARNING - Serious story spoiler THEORY! I mean it! Its a good one though  8).

Spoiler

What if this very human looking 'sacrificial engineer' scene, that presumably takes place at the beginning of the movie during the so called 'beginning of time' sequence, is actually a bluff of Hitchcock proportions...

Imagine if the Dettifoss waterfall scene is actually taking place on a real 'alien' planet (i.e. NOT Earth!) in the distant future when the human race ascend to become the new Gods, the new inter planetary 'engineers'. ("We are the Gods now" - Peter Weyland, 2023)

This Daniel Twiss chap describes his character as a fairly young 'Engineer' - does this mean young as in, his race as a whole have only recently achieved God status?!

Prometheus final scene:
Zoom in on the saucer starship from the beginning of the movie to reveal the Weyland-Yutani logo.
W-Y Planetary Engineering, Building Better Worlds in the year 9595!

-----

In the year 2525:

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, or say
Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to do
Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your legs not nothing to do
Some machine is doing that for you

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long black tube

In the year 7510
If God's a-comin' he ought to make it by then
Maybe he'll look around himself and say
Guess it's time for the Judgement day

In the year 8510
God's gonna shake his mighty head
He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been
Or tear it down and start again

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wondering if man's gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing

Now it's been 10,000 years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what he never knew
Now man's reign is through
But through the eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday

Zager & Evans, 1969

[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Deuterium on May 22, 2012, 09:36:34 PM
If the
Spoiler
sacrificial engineer started Life on Earth,
[close]
what exactly are the chances that a species of intelligent primates would develop that just so happened to be morphologically identical to the very same engineers?  The answer is infinitesimally small.  And what has their race/civilization been doing in the ensuing 4 billion years?  Apparently, not much, except for making a few recent stops by Earth to pose for some Neolithic painters.
^This. :'(

I hereby grant Deuterium authority to fill in for my usual griping. I'm worn out :-[

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed