Daniel Twiss Talks Prometheus

Started by Darkness, May 22, 2012, 12:23:58 PM

Author
Daniel Twiss Talks Prometheus (Read 50,672 times)

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: NGR01 on May 22, 2012, 02:17:40 PM
Don't read if you had no ideas about that character, who he is and when he appears.
This is a major plot device.

If you have been reading pretty much any thread on here then it shouldn't be to much of a surprise...

Spoiler
There was much speculation that the person by the waterfall was an Engineer... we knew that there were listings on cast for a "sacrifice engineer," and we knew that this movie speculates that humans were created by the Engineers...  So this interview puts those together... but stills leaves so much up in the air...
[close]

Ooze on First

Eh...I don't think the 'spoiler' is that bad.
It doesn't really have any direct impact on the plot, except to explain how something was done.

NGR01

NGR01

I'm not thinkin about us who made a lot a theories or read them all.
But those who are kinda fresh should avoir this.
For the most it's 2 weeks before release...
But hey thats me :)

As for having no impact on the plot... I doubt it...

mace-in-the-face

Oops.... I bet Ridley is pissed about this article. There is really no point in seeing the movie now as just about everything interesting has been "leaked" or figured out by someone on here already. There is no surprise left to it. It is funny how directors make the main actors swear a blood oath to not reveal anything about the movie, but apparently never tell non-essential actors the same. Think about the pregnant chick from AVP 2 doing that interview about her scene before that movie came out. Interesting, but totally ruined it.

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on May 22, 2012, 03:27:11 PM
Oops.... I bet Ridley is pissed about this article. There is really no point in seeing the movie now as just about everything interesting has been "leaked" or figured out by someone on here already. There is no surprise left to it. It is funny how directors make the main actors swear a blood oath to not reveal anything about the movie, but apparently never tell non-essential actors the same. Think about the pregnant chick from AVP 2 doing that interview about her scene before that movie came out. Interesting, but totally ruined it.

I would argue he is not pissed, and I'm actually sure that the studio cleared this beforehand... why hasn't the person beeen interviewed before.  This is precisely the kind of give away that helps build the buzz around the movie to fever pitch in the dead zone before the movie opens.  There won't be new virals, etc. just this dead space in the week to two weeks before opening... this is when interviews like this are allowed to go forward to hype people.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

That is pretty f**king awesome.

This does, also, apparently debunk at least one purported reviewer.

Spoiler
I believe a French guy alleged that the 'sacrifice Engineer' opened a box which he poured into the waterfall in the opening scene.  That always sounded stupid to me.
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

There is really no point in seeing the movie now as just about everything interesting has been "leaked" or figured out by someone on here already. There is no surprise left to it.
M'kay. ::)

It is funny how directors make the main actors swear a blood oath to not reveal anything about the movie, but apparently never tell non-essential actors the same. Think about the pregnant chick from AVP 2 doing that interview about her scene before that movie came out. Interesting, but totally ruined it.
You can't ruin something that's already s**t.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 01:29:48 PM
Huh.

One thing's for sure: Deuterium is gonna flip his s**t when he reads this :P

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 22, 2012, 03:49:37 PM
That is pretty f**king awesome.

This does, also, apparently debunk at least one purported reviewer.

Spoiler
I believe a French guy alleged that the 'sacrifice Engineer' opened a box which he poured into the waterfall in the opening scene.  That always sounded stupid to me.
[close]

Spoiler
I translated hastly, he said the Engineer had a box and something gets mixed with the wate, one can expect the box to contain an ampule maybe, something he drinks to desintegrate himself and melt into the water...
The guy have seen the movie.
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

Deuterium right now:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 04:19:37 PM
Deuterium right now:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I have no words right now...I am an expanding cloud of cloud of vapor the size of Nebraska.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

You guys love spoiling movies for yourself, nothing can be a surprise anymore now is it? I want to stay away from the spoilers rather than read them, go into seeing Prometheus knowing nothing about it and be blown away by the experience.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Deuterium on May 22, 2012, 04:27:49 PM
I have no words right now...I am an expanding cloud of cloud of vapor the size of Nebraska.
*Sigh* I'll go get a fire extinguisher--try and put out the flames of your rage. :D

Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 22, 2012, 04:29:34 PM
You guys love spoiling movies for yourself, nothing can be a surprise anymore now is it? I want to stay away from the spoilers rather than read them, go into seeing Prometheus knowing nothing about it and be blown away by the experience.
Then what are you doing in here? :P

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Oops.... I bet Ridley is pissed about this article. There is really no point in seeing the movie now as just about everything interesting has been "leaked" or figured out by someone on here already. There is no surprise left to it.

I'm astonished that anyone can think this. The only things we've had, so far, are relatively minor details. Even this new information is clarified as happening very early on in the film.

QuoteIt is funny how directors make the main actors swear a blood oath to not reveal anything about the movie, but apparently never tell non-essential actors the same. Think about the pregnant chick from AVP 2 doing that interview about her scene before that movie came out. Interesting, but totally ruined it.

Firstly, that scene was hardly pivotal to the plot (such as it was).

Secondly, it was obvious what was going to happen with her.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 04:31:28 PM
[*Sigh* I'll go get a fire extinguisher--try and put out the flames of your rage. :D

Okay, but you will need seventy-five thousand of these:

And it would be helpful if you are near Lake Superior.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed