Katherine Waterston’s Role In ‘Alien: Covenant’ Revealed?

Started by Stolen, Jun 09, 2016, 06:47:48 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston’s Role In ‘Alien: Covenant’ Revealed? (Read 37,036 times)

Stolen

Please be wrong. Stop with Ripley.

QuoteRipley fights them multiple times.
Ripley's mother fights them.
Ripley's daughter fights them.
Ripley's Synthetic fights them.
Ripley's clone fights them.
Ripley's bloody descendant fights them.

And she wants to come back in a new Alien. STOP with Ripley.

I hope Fox will contradict in the day.

Scorpio

Except the last movie with Ripley was almost 20 years ago.  A whole generation of movie goers probably don't even know who Ripley is. 

Kronnang_Dunn

Correct me if I wrong, but... as far as I know... wasn't "Daniels" actually a surname?  ::) Are people really this silly?  ;D

PsyKore

Quote from: Kronnang_Dunn on Jun 10, 2016, 06:01:58 AM
Correct me if I wrong, but... as far as I know... wasn't "Daniels" actually a surname?  ::) Are people really this silly?  ;D

She may be using her maiden name or not married.

CainsSon

I really hope there is some kind of long term plan to this. If they throw her in there like "Hey...small world!" I just have no words for how stupid that is.

And if they do have a long term plan for how this affects the series, I hope it isn't some revision of the way we will watch Alien.

SiL

Christ, people, we had a Ripley origin story. It's called ALIEN.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 09, 2016, 11:01:58 PM
I see Ridley Scott still hasn't re-learned how to make good movies, huh?  Alien: Isolation was a fluke, using Amanda Ripley as the protagonist worked because people could believe that she would introduce herself to the Alien in order to find out what happened to her mother.

Exactly why I thought Amanda in Isolation ended up working as well as she did. There's a reason she might find herself facing an Alien and that is simply because she's ending up in the same kind of locale as her mother. It worked.

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 09, 2016, 11:23:07 PM
Why all the hate?  The Alien films have always been about Ripley's story.

That's the problem. Her story ended in Alien 3 but it can't be let go or moved on from.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 10, 2016, 02:40:39 AM
Really, really getting bored with every sci fi story turning galaxy-spanning events into a series of unfortunate events for one special family.

Everyone says Fox is looking for their new Star Wars...  :-X

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 10, 2016, 04:57:42 AM
Ripley is 30 years old in Alien, so there's plenty of room for backstory.  And you can always use amnesia to explain why Ripley doesn't remember. 

That would be just as bad as if Alien 3 and Resurrection end up being dreams. It just doesn't need to happen. There's a whole galaxy out there. There's more potential. They are creatively hamstringing themselves with this belief that Alien has to equal Ripley. Other things without Ripley aren't bad because there's no Ripley. They're just bad. Having a Ripley name isn't going to magically solve all their problems. Alien 3 and Resurrection, for example.

Quote from: Giger Beast on Jun 10, 2016, 05:23:49 AM
Yes, in times like these I really wish they'd have kept Shaw. Noomi was awesome.

I was never really fond of her. I found her character to be very irritating. I'm still waiting on that new character that really grips me.

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 10, 2016, 05:45:48 AM
Except the last movie with Ripley was almost 20 years ago.  A whole generation of movie goers probably don't even know who Ripley is.

Ripley and Weaver are iconic.

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Jun 10, 2016, 07:01:04 AM

Alien is a great Ripley origin story (even if wasn't intended as one). 

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 10, 2016, 07:08:30 AM

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 10, 2016, 05:45:48 AM

Ripley and Weaver are iconic.

Yes, true, but in the same way Bela Lugosi's Dracula or Karloff's Monster are iconic.  Doesn't mean that people have seen those movies that made them iconic.

SiL

Most sci fi fans will have seen them. Particularly Aliens.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Jun 10, 2016, 07:01:04 AM
Seconding this.

I hope this rumor is wrong, because it's just a little too goofy for me.

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler removed at the request of the studio.

So either it's legit or The Playlist is playing a game here.

Xenoscream

Really, really stupid idea.

It worked with Isolation as there was a clear character motive which could draw Amanda towards LV426 / the Alien.

With this it would be like the mother and daughter both winning the lottery.

I can't see them making this work in a logical way.

szkoki

Johnny Handsome

The connection is pointless, what does that add to Alien or it's plot? Ripley never found out anyway, it never had any impact of her story, so why make a connection here? This is getting f**king silly, if true, which i dearly hope is not the case.

I don't want them to turn Alien into Jaws the revenge with the whole family feud.

Whiskeybrewer

Hmm, this doesnt sit well with me. Its a pointless link/exercise. Now it'll be a case of why didnt her mum tell Ripley about everything (If she survives of course). Try something different Ridley.

How many years before Alien is Covenant meant to be set?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed