Best Alien vs Predator picture

Started by Kel G 426, Aug 03, 2010, 02:34:04 PM

Author
Best Alien vs Predator picture (Read 327,674 times)

Corporal Hicks

I learned some things.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Jul 31, 2020, 09:30:50 AM
I do not miss the mid-late 2000s sometimes, I really don't.

Slof's Hive, anyone?

Please be no one.

AliceApocalypse

Momma's calling.

Corporal Hicks

Voodoo Magic

I'd drive it!

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

She's still a favorite  :)

Tichinde

Tichinde

I'm having trouble forgiving her for slaughtering the clan because of a misunderstanding. She thought Lightstepper killed the marines and took a bandanna as a trophy, when he actually helped the marines kill a predalien and took the bandana to remember him by. She then goes on to free the captive alien queen and sic her on the rest of the unsuspecting preds. Really it breaks my heart, because her beef was with shorty and she ended up murdering everyone for it.  :'(

anyway, OT:

this screen from AVP Evolution IOS I took is pretty cool!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Honestly I always took it the same as Machiko. AvP:Duel ends suggesting they are going to duel and War suggests the marine was killed in said duel. At least that's how I always read it. I haven't read it in a while, I maybe I'm misremembering.

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 21, 2020, 10:51:33 PM
Honestly I always took it the same as Machiko. AvP:Duel ends suggesting they are going to duel and War suggests the marine was killed in said duel. At least that's how I always read it. I haven't read it in a while, I maybe I'm misremembering.

If that's what happened, it goes against the themes and intent of the comic.

The ending (at least for me) seems to imply they worked together and found common ground. If Light Stepper just murders the marine after that almost touching moment they join forces to kill the predalien and find some sort of common ground it would spit all over one of my favorite stories.

That said, predators are dicks, so i could see it happening

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I totally remembered the ending wrong.

I should go read it again.

Kailem

Kailem

I always took it as the marine being killed when the Predators showed up to get Lightstepper. There was a "truce" between them at the end of the story sure, but clearly the Predators showed up before the marines did and the banner and final words of the story imply that they killed him when they did.

And even if you take it that they let him live and just took the banner as a trophy, Machiko's still not wrong. They killed several marines before the Predalien showed up even if that last guy wasn't one of them, so her conflicted feelings about being a part of a group that happily kills humans are warranted either way.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I gave it a reread last night and I came to mostly the same conclusion Kailem.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 22, 2020, 08:15:12 PM
I always took it as the marine being killed when the Predators showed up to get Lightstepper. There was a "truce" between them at the end of the story sure, but clearly the Predators showed up before the marines did and the banner and final words of the story imply that they killed him when they did.

That was always the way I took it too. Or perhaps they had a damn good scrap once they'd recovered enough.

AliceApocalypse

I assumed there was a kind of "exchange" of trophies between Light Stepper and the Marine.  Also, Machiko knew they killed humans and the price to pay for a seat at their table was to hunt and kill with the tribe. 

Regardless, she's still a favorite of mine in the franchise  :)

SiL

SiL

Slof's Hive was erotic Alien fan fiction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed