Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5

Started by shakermakerman, Feb 26, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Author
Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5 (Read 61,397 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 27, 2015, 05:47:56 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 27, 2015, 05:45:24 PM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 27, 2015, 05:43:49 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 27, 2015, 05:36:33 PM
Quote from: marrerom on Feb 27, 2015, 05:08:45 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 05:05:09 PM
Anything that attempts to continue from Resurrection is doomed from the start

Only for people who have no creativity.  Honestly I cant believe people are even considering this as remotely acceptable for this franchise.  Disregarding half the series?! its insane.

If you look at the Star Wars franchise, they disregarded SO much after their whole "Legends" revelation, and it's not like AVP fans aren't doing the same thing with this franchise.  Fandom has opened the door for a GREAT monster, and that monster is called Retcon.

The difference with Star Wars was that what was disregarded was canon created by comics, games and novels, not movies.

That microseries was also disregarded along with The Force Unleashed which presented some MAJOR revelations to the story; it didn't help that that was replaced kiddy Rebels, either. >:(

Which microseries are you referring to (I've been out of the loop on SW EU for a few years now)?  As for TFU, yes it was a major plot point but again it was just a game and not on the same level as the movies.

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk9lPotcW4

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 05:42:52 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 05:40:41 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 05:21:01 PM
But the place that Alien³ left us was a place that either Ripley's sacrifice becomes meaningless or...

Her death in Alien 3 was anything but meaningless.

No, it was meaningless IF there was to be an Alien V where the monsters returned in that continuity.

The odds of aliens only existing within the Derelict are small, and Ripley was probably aware of this. Doesn't make her sacrifice meaningless. She makes the right decision then and there.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2015, 04:06:13 PM
I have the utmost confidence that his Alien will look amazing. His style is so incredibly suitable. I'm actually quite excited to see what he does with a exo-suit and I'm hopeful to see a biomechanical one.

As long as he doesn't direct the movie or anything like that I'm fine. Design wise he's fine, I'll admit that.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 06:02:50 PM
But the place that Alien³ left us was a place that either Ripley's sacrifice becomes meaningless or...

No, it was meaningless IF there was to be an Alien V where the monsters returned in that continuity.

The odds of aliens only existing within the Derelict are small, and Ripley was probably aware of this. Doesn't make her sacrifice meaningless. She makes the right decision then and there.

But we know from Resurrection there aren't, nearly definitively. Only the vases in Prometheus is the closest you'd get.

Adam802

Adam802

I can't  believe some people actually want to continue from A:R....

Just no

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 06:08:45 PM
I have the utmost confidence that his Alien will look amazing. His style is so incredibly suitable. I'm actually quite excited to see what he does with a exo-suit and I'm hopeful to see a biomechanical one.

As long as he doesn't direct the movie or anything like that I'm fine. Design wise he's fine, I'll admit that.

District 9 is a fantastic film, with direction I actually prefer to Cameron (Not to Fincher or Ridley though) so I can't see where you're coming from on this.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 06:09:02 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 06:02:50 PM

But we know from Resurrection there aren't, nearly definitively. Only the vases in Prometheus is the closest you'd get.

We don't know that.  Space is big and the military might have decided that it was easier to try to clone an alien than to search the cosmos for one.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 27, 2015, 06:09:12 PM

Just no

I actually thought there were very few people who could do that well, but Blomkamp is perfect for this. District 9 has many similar themes. I thought that when I first saw the film. Then Elysium was so obviously inspired by the tech in Aliens...

That said, continuation from A:R - I would expect to stray from what A:R was to begin with.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 06:11:06 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 06:08:45 PM
I have the utmost confidence that his Alien will look amazing. His style is so incredibly suitable. I'm actually quite excited to see what he does with a exo-suit and I'm hopeful to see a bio
mechanical one.

District 9 is a fantastic film, with direction I actually prefer to Cameron (Not to Fincher or Ridley though) so I can't see where you're coming from on this.

The concept and designs are great, but the direction, human characters and especially the second half of the movie is pretty bad. That movie is all hype and surface. Same goes with Elysium. Smoke and mirrors.

shakermakerman

Weaver looking really well  :)

Mike

Mike

MY ALIEN 5 PLOT (
THE BASIS, something along these lines)

Ripley, Hicks Bishop Newt all aboard the drop ship heading back to Earth. Bishop tells them he found a document of classified information from Carter J. Burke that was sent to him from Weyland-Yutani Corp. That were in his pants. He found this before he headed to the APC that was right around were the escape chase started. ( ETA 16 Minutes!) In the paper it says a unknown restricted area was infested with Eggs and Facehuggers and that the whole Colony is wiped out, nothing but a ghost town, very spooky. Lots of Aliens wandering around in a town meeting. LT.Ripley and Corporal Hicks are in Awe at the info disposed before them and are scared out of there minds. But they just want to go home but they soon come to mind that there is no other marines left to come and help and that if they are to be more than brave and wipe them out they would have to come together, agree on this almost impossible mission, team up and destroy all targets. Every last one of them, THE ALIENS. Knowing this information at hand, they must get to the spot and kill off everything before it multiplies even further and becomes even harder to do as if it couldn't become even more so already. This becomes Ripley and Hicks Ultimate Nightmare. On the other hand you have Weyland-Yutani men already observing the colony on the same task as Ripley and Hicks. But they want to bring back studies into Quarantine which Ripley and Hicks don't agree with, they had this discussion in Aliens and now they are fed up! They just want to wipe The Bugs the hell out!. This would give further insight to Burke and his Corporate Deeds. He lives on the same page with Weyland. Just careless and only caring about money and not the civilization that was living on these Colonys. Hinting back to Aliens (1986).

On this deserted colony, is other types of Aliens like Queens and Preatorians that must be destroyed before Ripley and Hicks, the team of ultimate badasses can truly head back home. For story sake, there is some ammo not seen from the ship that was sort of hidden.That Ripley and Hicks must use in all the right and smart ways to accomplish there mission. Wipe the Bugs out. Also they must create explosives as well. And as before, they must conserve a lot of ammo to use against the Weyland-Yutani soldiers that obviously don't come to an agreement with Lt. Ripley and Corporal Hicks in there brief meeting at first that took place in the middle of the Alien Mist. Knowing though that there is a lot more Xenomorphs to take out and a group of these soldiers to take out in the same hardcore fashion, ammo is running out, big time. Fear is building up. Only having themselves to rely on each other... If Ripley and Hicks are to come out on top and survive they must join together, Out smart anything and everything and truly become the Ultimate Threat.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: shakermakerman on Feb 27, 2015, 09:35:30 PM

http://s11.postimg.org/ew4zkxsoz/sig.jpg  http://s10.postimg.org/51znt3ruh/sig_2.jpg
Although she looks a bit weird in the second pic, I honestly find Sigourney more attractive now than how she looked when she was younger and in the Alien movies.

stroggificated

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 27, 2015, 06:09:12 PM

Just no

I totally blame Jeunet for this movie. You could have done great things with this synopsis. Seriously, who hired that guy as director once?
I'm not such a big fan of Hicks and Newt. Blomkamp could have redeemed the character Ripley 8 from this mess, i believe.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 27, 2015, 11:02:53 PM
Quote from: shakermakerman on Feb 27, 2015, 09:35:30 PM

http://s11.postimg.org/ew4zkxsoz/sig.jpg  http://s10.postimg.org/51znt3ruh/sig_2.jpg
Although she looks a bit weird in the second pic, I honestly find Sigourney more attractive now than how she looked when she was younger and in the Alien movies.

Really?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed