Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,407 times)

Local Trouble

How come we never get anyone from Perth around here?

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 28, 2021, 08:15:51 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 28, 2021, 03:21:28 AM
[...] The Big Deletion [...]
First I've heard of this thing. Alien gone "meta"...

It comes from literally a single line from a fairly obscure comic that came out to cross promote with the first AvP movie in 2004. It's set in the distant future and is not connected with the movie in any way aside from sharing certain lore things unique to that film. But once again, AvP franchise, not Aliens franchise, so those that feel consternation regarding it, in relation to this new comic or any of the 6 Alien films need not be distressed.

Local Trouble

Apparently it's also the trump card that allows the old EU to seamlessly remain canon and coexist with the movies that came after Alien 3.

Seamlessly!

Prez

Prez

See. Being Australian we know that the reality is ... Australia will save the world ... One Tristan Jones drawing at a time.

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Mar 28, 2021, 03:47:43 PM
Larocca's work is an insult to anyone that actual wants to draw these comics, and a spit in the face to anyone trying to break into the industry and failing.

The thing that drives me nuts is I can actually imagine this script being REALLY fun to draw.

That last line rings so true.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 28, 2021, 10:22:06 PM
Apparently it's also the trump card that allows the old EU to seamlessly remain canon and coexist with the movies that came after Alien 3.

Seamlessly!

Without seam.

AvP - Civilised Beasts went into more detail about it, but not in any way that actually made it work.

Kimarhi

Big Deletion is one of those things like Engineers being big blue dudes in suits and David creating the Alien that just irks the shit out of me. 

I want to rip and tear whenever I hear it. 

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

Hmmm. Sounds somewhat like that EMT thing in Blade Runner 2049. 'cept with Aliens and disgruntled Company employees?

Quote from: SpaceKase on Mar 28, 2021, 10:10:38 PM
Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 28, 2021, 08:15:51 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 28, 2021, 03:21:28 AM
[...] The Big Deletion [...]
First I've heard of this thing. Alien gone "meta"...

It comes from literally a single line from a fairly obscure comic that came out to cross promote with the first AvP movie in 2004. It's set in the distant future and is not connected with the movie in any way aside from sharing certain lore things unique to that film. But once again, AvP franchise, not Aliens franchise, so those that feel consternation regarding it, in relation to this new comic or any of the 6 Alien films need not be distressed.
Thanks. Geez. I really need to crawl out from under my rock more often.

Seamlessly!
"Deus ex machina" ?

Quote from: SM on Mar 28, 2021, 10:38:09 PM

Seamlessly!

Without seam.

AvP - Civilised Beasts went into more detail about it, but not in any way that actually made it work.
I see Xenopedia has an article. <edification ensues>

Local Trouble

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 28, 2021, 11:12:03 PM
I see Xenopedia has an article. <edification ensues>

I don't think Alien Theory had a video about it though.

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

Every franchise seems fraught with such problems. Like no-ships in the Dune prequels...

I guess retconning "Resurrection" 200 years into the future would've been more difficult?

RidgeTop

Here's a little review video that I guest appeared on. 'The Comic Binge' is a newer YouTube channel by Paul Hermann of the MCU Fan Show podcast. You may remember him from guesting with us last summer on our podcast when the Marvel license acquisition was announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynGdTh-50Fs&ab_channel=TheComicBinge

Local Trouble

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 28, 2021, 11:26:16 PM
Every franchise seems fraught with such problems. Like no-ships in the Dune prequels...

I guess retconning "Resurrection" 200 years into the future would've been more difficult?

Every franchise needs a "canon commissar" like SM to veto or fix any continuity-breaking decisions.

judge death

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 28, 2021, 11:37:48 PM
Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 28, 2021, 11:26:16 PM

Every franchise needs a "canon commissar" like SM to veto or fix any continuity-breaking decisions.
I would vote yes to this :D Or add some more lore experts into a jury :P

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 28, 2021, 11:37:48 PM

Local Trouble

"Who is this shadowy Australian fellow who keeps telling the studio what I can or can't do?" -Ridley Scott

Is what I would be thrilled to hear him say.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 28, 2021, 08:47:50 PM
How come we never get anyone from Perth around here?

They're still on dial-up.

QuoteThanks. Geez. I really need to crawl out from under my rock more often.

You didn't miss much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed