Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,602 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 26, 2021, 12:58:59 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 25, 2021, 11:50:08 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2021, 11:18:23 PM
I think publicly shitting on one of his colourists and making sure everyone knew she was a woman might qualify?

Certainly not a good look. Frankly he's lucky he has a good colorist for this Alien comic.

Also has straight up stolen from DeviantArt. I like how they call it a "mistake."

https://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-error-deviant-art-canon-mistake/

As Voodoo said, I've been going down a rabbit hole lately, and yes, it is possible that this happened more under Dark Horse than we realized...

This was from a comic we really praised the art of as well.

I don't think all the criticism should be levied at the artists though, this is a big problem with the industry itself, crushing deadlines and all that.

But some artists like Land and Larroca seem particularly blatant about it, and that should also be called out.

I don't think people understand how labor intensive it is to do 100+ pieces of art for a single issue comic in one month's time. Artists are going to cut corners or face missing deadlines which could lead to less opportunities down the line. But, unfortunately if this is something that's going to overly bother people than maybe they should just not read the comics.

We get it, you're a supporter, you can stop defending shitty artists and shittier practices now.

Demand better, going along with it, actually helps nobody.

Not the creator, not the consumer, not even the damn company in the long run.

RidgeTop

Let's keep things from getting personal, folks. It's perfectly fine to enjoy the comic if you're into it, it's also fair for people to call this stuff out and avoid the comic because of it.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 25, 2021, 11:38:46 PM
Just for clarification I didn't mean to slight you Ridgetop with that comment. I just noticed you're not big on seeing the prequel stuff make its way into the rest of the series so I assumed incorrectly that's why it stood out to you. No malice or hostility meant with that comment, and saying "hate" was just hyperbole

Thanks for the clarification. No harm, no foul.

[cancerblack]

I don't think people understand how labor intensive it is to do 100+ pieces of art for a single issue comic in one month's time.

I have some experience here and this is a valid point.

QuoteArtists are going to cut corners or face missing deadlines which could lead to less opportunities down the line.

This is a problem with the industry and in particular, certain publishers. It might be how it goes, but that doesn't make it acceptable, either as working conditions for artists or as end results.

QuoteBut, unfortunately if this is something that's going to overly bother people than maybe they should just not read the comics.

I don't.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 26, 2021, 04:30:48 AM
I think publicly shitting on one of his colourists and making sure everyone knew she was a woman might qualify?

Certainly not a good look. Frankly he's lucky he has a good colorist for this Alien comic.

Also has straight up stolen from DeviantArt. I like how they call it a "mistake."

As Voodoo said, I've been going down a rabbit hole lately, and yes, it is possible that this happened more under Dark Horse than we realized...

I don't think all the criticism should be levied at the artists though, this is a big problem with the industry itself, crushing deadlines and all that.

But some artists like Land and Larroca seem particularly blatant about it, and that should also be called out.

I don't think people understand how labor intensive it is to do 100+ pieces of art for a single issue comic in one month's time. Artists are going to cut corners or face missing deadlines which could lead to less opportunities down the line. But, unfortunately if this is something that's going to overly bother people than maybe they should just not read the comics.

We get it, you're a supporter, you can stop defending shitty artists and shittier practices now.

We get it, you're not getting the comic, you can get the f**k off this thread now.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 26, 2021, 08:07:05 AM
I don't think people understand how labor intensive it is to do 100+ pieces of art for a single issue comic in one month's time.

QuoteArtists are going to cut corners or face missing deadlines which could lead to less opportunities down the line.

This is a problem with the industry and in particular, certain publishers. It might be how it goes, but that doesn't make it acceptable, either as working conditions for artists or as end results.

QuoteBut, unfortunately if this is something that's going to overly bother people than maybe they should just not read the comics.

I don't.

I agree but unabashed capitalism is the norm here in the States so as an artist you either play the game so as to stay a working artist or face the soul crushing possibility of getting a "real job".

426Buddy

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 26, 2021, 12:00:21 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 26, 2021, 04:30:48 AM

We get it, you're not getting the comic, you can get the f**k off this thread now.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 26, 2021, 08:07:05 AM

I don't.

I agree but unabashed capitalism is the norm here in the States so as an artist you either play the game so as to stay a working artist or face the soul crushing possibility of getting a "real job".

Nauseating post

Prez

Prez

Wow haven't seen this much division since Prometheus was released  :D

Corporal Hicks

Come-on folk. Can we not be having a go at each other over this?

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 26, 2021, 12:00:22 PM

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 26, 2021, 12:00:22 PM

Corporal Hicks

Enough.

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2021, 08:58:30 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 26, 2021, 01:41:14 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2021, 04:04:39 PM
First day I've felt human for a good few months. Not rushed off my feet, and not wanting to take everyone out.

You'll be back to dropping F-bombs like Gordon Ramsay in no time.

Of that I have no doubt.

Corporal Hicks

Staff have asked 5 times. 5 times. This makes 6. This conversation can be had without the personal digs. Now I know some have been made, but that's not a reason to keep it going with more. It is done with. If you can't discuss the issue without resorting to insulting each other, do not discuss it at all. Any attempts to continue that discourse will just be deleted.

Local Trouble

Art controversy aside, is the story any good?

RidgeTop

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 26, 2021, 06:42:45 PM

Not enough to go on to tell yet. Has me intrigued.

SpaceKase

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 26, 2021, 06:42:45 PM

Kinda too early to tell yet, we're still in the expositional first tidbit, it seems to have some potential, though who knows which direction it could go in.

Voodoo Magic

For a first episode, if you will, I thought it was rather good. It left me looking forward to the second issue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed