Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,030 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Feb 12, 1975, 02:14:40 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 27, 2021, 11:24:04 PM
It will not be.
Oh cuz you've been privy to the script? You don't know if it's a good story or not so how bout we wait and see instead of giving speculative shit takes please.

Fair enough it might be against all odds.
But between the traced action figures, art plagiarism, lazy renderings and the totally incongruous Species stuff.
It will at most be a good story still wrapped in a shit sandwich.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

People arguing about the black goo but there seems few  comlments talking about the traceing which is god awful

judge death

Interesting is my response got their writer to say this on twitter about the sil/species creature which many marvel fans see as gigers and then automaticly belong to the alien series which I disagree on but none the less:
Don't get too hung up on it. No sharks have been jumped, it'll make sense in the context of the story when it's finished.
I would say it takes a lot to come up with a species creature in the alien franchise, nor have the xenomorphs ever created creatures nor can they so if I ask myself how to make a creature like this to show up and these are the theories I can think of:
1: Its ripley 8 but that dont fit into the timeline unless you break the lore with time machines.
2: its part of weyland yutani experimentation: gene manipulations and using the xenos and creating human xeno hybrids etc. Once again breaking lore of what has been established earlier.
3: Species franchise now is part of alien, hicks said in twitter he sees them as enginner weapon.
4: marvels idea of: if you et xenonorphs breed and after a few generations mutate so wildly its a completely new species, again nothing that has been shown earlier but rather shown false ine arlier established lore.
5: the sil like creature is a new alien species that show upf or the first time, writer creating new stuff for the franchise based on gigers designs. So far the best idea.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Feb 28, 2021, 04:18:47 AM
People arguing about the black goo but there seems few  comlments talking about the traceing which is god awful

Did you even read the thread?

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Feb 28, 2021, 02:13:01 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 27, 2021, 11:24:04 PM
It will not be.

Oh cuz you've been privy to the script? You don't know if it's a good story or not so how bout we wait and see instead of giving speculative shit takes please.

That's right!

We need to remember that beautiful art did not save Defiance vol 2 from a lame storytelling. Yes, it looks beautiful, but it's better to just look than read.
Plus, isn't it all about tastes? DH had the same problem with a lot of stories. Some people adore F&S/L&D, some - don't. Some people like Dead Orbit, but some just: "Ufffff".

I see that some people here are just trying to start a train of hate. But their only argument is righteous anger about tracing.
The story looks intriguing to me, and it would be interesting for me to see new creatures like Elden from F&S.

Nameprometheusfire

Nameprometheusfire

Maybe the Xeno lady is what became of Shaw's corpse post covenant ?

Corporal Hicks

The tracing and obvious references are a f**king shame, but I'm really damn excited to see where the narrative goes. I actually really liked Elden in F&S, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what this new Xenolady is. I love a bit of Sil or Li in my Alien, and I've been waiting for it for a while now.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 28, 2021, 01:02:03 PM
I love a bit of Sil or Li in my Alien, and I've been waiting for it for a while now.

So much this! 8) And hopefully in live-action form in the future 🙏

BlueMarsalis79

Creating a graphic novel's the art of getting lots of aspects correct, much like a film, it's also often a collaborative process.

It does not matter how good or bad the script, as so much already's completely compromised, alone think of everything discussed with Jeremy Barlow concerning the importance of layout that's already thrown away in clear apathy, because the quality of the narrative in this medium's not just dependant on the writing alone.

I'm obviously not in the majority, in that I loathe seeing humans covered in biomechanical skin or in a suit, that does not belong in Alien, it belongs in Species, and just because it's a creation of H.R Giger does not mean it's appropriate for Alien, the reason Elizabeth Shaw works as Li's because of what happened in the story of Alien Covenant around the body being mutilated, decorated, preserved, and used for David's own ends.

This looks like just exploiting his creations for all their worth, no matter the content, I am not okay with that.

PAS Spinelli

Just noticed something among that godawful trace fest, there are runners alongside the soldiers/warriors/drones

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2021, 02:34:16 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2021, 01:56:09 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2021, 08:16:16 PM
So guess this is how the accelerant is playing into this one...

Spoiler
[close]

Honestly, that's fine by me. I've a fond spot for the
Spoiler
Bugmen from Colonial marines
[close]
and this is a direction I've wanted to see taken more firmly.

Spoiler
We see Ripley 8-esque hybrids in stasis tubes. I suspect she's resulting from whatever's going on with those.

Would be nice if this is taking account of the fourth film and showing this as precursors to those experiments.
[close]

As for that appearance...

Spoiler
Many fans are assuming it's wholly influenced by Giger/Sil, but the horizontal headgear makes me think we could also be seeing inspiration from 'Warhammer Fantasy' artistic depictions. Could make a case for the body having things in common with devotees of Slaanesh, but that head design immediately made me think of Morathi.

Compare:

Similarities are definitely there.
[close]

It's a take on Giger's Li pieces which were inspiration for Shaw in Covenant.

Unless the artistic team say otherwise, I find the horn/tentacle arrangement to be too coincidentally similar to Morathi to ignore. But it's not even that; even the way Morathi's helmet wraps around the sides of her face is mirrored in this other design. They're Sil-like eyes, but the general head design has far too much in common with Morathi for me to ignore her as a probable artistic inspiration.

It's basically Morathi as a Borg Queen with Sil's eyes. :)

Nukiemorph

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 28, 2021, 04:34:21 PM
Just noticed something among that godawful trace fest, there are runners alongside the soldiers/warriors/drones

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's a praetomorph in there too.

But as long as there's reason for this in the story, whatever.

BlueMarsalis79

Makes me think of Lilith actually.

And yes that's a Praetomorph indeed.

But also a traced NECA figure.

judge death

so xenomorphs can create sil creatures now? urgh.

Immortan Jonesy

Given they have no limits, has anyone here found Alien fanart yet?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed