Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,273 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Definitely my favourite iteration so far: 

Although I do see appeal in the hulking back design, and the idea of the strange folding limbs, I'm open to other potential alternatives.

[cancerblack]

Space Jockeys with biomechanical hover-thrones pls.

SM

SM

That zoom around going pew-pew-pew.

Immortan Jonesy

Well, one pew pew pew I've with the Engineer concept is that the whole point of making the Jockeys like humans, at least according to Jon Spaihts, was to takes out the abstraction in order to make them relatable to audiences. And yet, once the crew meet one of them, the dude just punch people to dead like an angry dumb monster. He wasn't more civilized than zombie Fifield at that point.

They must have kept his intellectual curiosity or something 

:laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

With David making the Alien it does render them being like us rather pointless in terms of the Alien being perfectly adapted for human beings, so hopefully that opens the door for older fouler things in the deep places of the universe and their creators.

EJA

EJA

God, I hate Ridley's prequels. Just saying.

Kradan

Shhhhhh  :-X

Nightmare Asylum

God, I love Ridley's prequels Alien: Covenant. Prometheus is interesting but has significant problems. Just saying.

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 06, 2021, 06:02:52 PM
God, I love Ridley's prequels Alien: Covenant. Prometheus is interesting but has significant problems. Just saying.

Amen

SuperiorIronman

If we ever see the Engineers again I'd appreciate them being a little more than fodder to show the villain is "fo serious" and more interesting than angry albino Ian Whyte.

HuDaFuK

Talking of Engineers going pew pew pew reminds me of those awesome guns they have in the Spaihts script.

EJA

EJA

If Marvel does anything Prometheus related, a good idea would be a story fully explaining the movie, like precisely why the Engineers wanted to wipe out humanity, why they gave humans directions to LV-223, etc. Cos I doubt Ridley Scott will address it again.

Kradan

And make everything clear and boring ? No, thanks

426Buddy

Prometheus was already kinda boring, might as well find out what the point of it all was.

Kradan

Frustratingly ambigious ? Maybe. Boring ? No

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed