Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 136,929 times)

426Buddy

Aside from the inner jaw, I absolutely love the cover.

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 07, 2020, 10:15:18 PM
Aside from the inner jaw, I absolutely love the cover.

It looks cool, yeah. Coming out of the shadows, nice biomechanical details etc.

judge death

Quote from: Prez on Dec 07, 2020, 10:10:06 PM
Very good call. An ongoing series could be an interesting experience given we've never had that before.
IS there a site where you can keep track of all comics/volumes in order for these kind of things? Because I tried to follow darth vader comics and star wars but is completely lost with marvel and which order to read them, most annoying is their darth vader: two comic series but uses the same namne, confuses the hell out of me.

SiL

SiL

#33
It goes flaccid after death but it doesn't twist like a snake while alive.

SM

SM

#34
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 07, 2020, 09:46:23 PM
Interesting that it's got no subtitle and there's no mention of a number of issues - might this be an ongoing series?

As for the bendy jaw, when was the last time an Alien comic cover had any bearing on what actually happens inside? Besides, the Drones in Resurrection had bendy inner jaws.

It was dead.

And from memory there were Resistance and Rescue covers that presented stuff happening in the story.

That said I hope this is just the just the covers artists take (or it explained as part of the story).

Russ840

Larroca is a far cry from Land. Trust me.

I have consumed lots of his work and his tracing really only extends to his human characters to give them distinct facial features and build. He normally picks an actor to portray his characters.

Check out his Iron Man run and you will see he used Josh Holloway for his Tony Stark. He doesn't steal art.

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Dec 07, 2020, 10:24:14 PM
It goes flaccid after death but it doesn't twist like a snake while alive.


Nukiemorph

Quote from: judge death on Dec 07, 2020, 10:07:44 PM
Cant remember the inner jaw bending like on the picture in resurrection
About 45 seconds in. (But I chalk this up to the DNA mishmash from the cloning process. As far as we know, the xenos in every other movie couldn't do this.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq6N_gS3oXQ

SM

SM

#38
Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 07, 2020, 10:32:07 PM
Larroca is a far cry from Land. Trust me.

I have consumed lots of his work and his tracing really only extends to his human characters to give them distinct facial features and build. He normally picks an actor to portray his characters.

Check out his Iron Man run and you will see he used Josh Holloway for his Tony Stark. He doesn't steal art.

I dunno if I really dig picking actors for comic characters.  Dan Abnett had a long list of actors that were to be used as inspirations for his Life & Death characters but explicitly said - don't use the actual actor.

SiL

SiL

#39
Doesn't tracing over an actor's image kind of ... defeat the purpose a little?

I understand if it's a time-saving measure to help comics have a snowball's chance in hell of hitting deadlines, but still feels a bit ... off.

Stitch

I'm interested in the story. Hate the bendy tongue though, and I'm hoping it's just the cover, and not the whole of the run.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, if I pick up a comic I want to see... somebody's art. Not some actor or model's face that was traced.

SM

SM

#42
I remember the old Star Wars Union comic that had Bruce Willis and Steve Buscemi.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

#43
It's probably just for the cover. I don't see this as indicative of Salvador Larroca's work and we've seen his Alien already from the variant covers. No indication of the tongue but it looks like he might go for the "drone".




Quote from: judge death on Dec 07, 2020, 10:22:26 PM
Quote from: Prez on Dec 07, 2020, 10:10:06 PM
Very good call. An ongoing series could be an interesting experience given we've never had that before.
IS there a site where you can keep track of all comics/volumes in order for these kind of things? Because I tried to follow darth vader comics and star wars but is completely lost with marvel and which order to read them, most annoying is their darth vader: two comic series but uses the same namne, confuses the hell out of me.

Marvel Database keeps track of new releases as well as giving a plot summary of an issue or volume.

In the case of Darth Vader, the first series picks up after ANH, the second right after ROTS, and the current one is after ESB leading into ROTJ. The first and third series tie in a bit with the other books but aren't required reading.

judge death

where can I find that database?
Ok that explains it a bit with how these darth vader comics are designed, confused me a lot.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed