Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 281,577 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Ripley 8 never should have been, even Alien Resurrection's own narrative makes that clear, to their credit it's not treated as the same person and nobody has continued from or imitated it (Original Sin being the one oddity) for damn good reason.

Sean Fifield never actually died though, he just changed essentially, that's the intention as corroborated by the behind the scenes. Him and Doctor Charlie Holloway, and the Engineer head, and the "holocaust painting" all the same shit.

I think there was a good story to be told on LV-223 with the characters you refer to, but we got Prometheus, for better or worse.

As for "SiL like" we have The Perfected.

Perfect-Organism

The Perfected?  No idea what that is.  Am I missing something?

I'm trying to make lemonade from lemons here.  I don't want a silly Sil-like character in the series.  It doesn't need this.  I especially don't need it as a naturally occurring part of the aliens' hierarchy and biology.

Using Vickers or Shaw gives some level logic as to where this contrivance came from if indeed we do have to accept as canon.  The Alien Queen is derived from Shaw's biology, and the Sil-Alien lady is derived from Vickers isn't the worst contrivance ever imagined.  Also, it gives Vickers some reason to exist at all.  What was the significance of that character at all otherwise?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 27, 2022, 10:13:32 PMI don't get it, please explain

Quote from: SM on Nov 27, 2016, 10:57:09 PMAs you pointed out, this is a tired myth.  After about 30 seconds running straight, they make a left turn.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Sadly not that significant at all.

"The Perfected" from the new Alien The RPG Expansion Heart Of Darkness, I do not particularly like it either myself, especially in respect to as part of the Alien hierarchy or biology.

But in this narrative they come from the Pathogen essentially, being the apex of that substance, although I still don't love the idea that's the best place for them in my opinion.

TilotnyWorshiper28

I don't think its a perfected , I don't think shaw or vickers have anything to do with her either .  if we go by PKJ Interviews the relaunch is the third arc where he was gunna explore the woman in the dark .  we know by solicitations the planet isn't gunna be LV-223  its a new planet. steel team probably will find her there . 

Still Collating...

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 28, 2022, 12:52:14 AMSadly not that significant at all.

"The Perfected" from the new Alien The RPG Expansion Destroyer Of Worlds, I do not particularly like it either myself, especially in respect to as part of the Alien hierarchy or biology.

But in this narrative they come from the Pathogen essentially, being the apex of that substance, although I still don't love the idea that's the best place for them in my opinion.

Not from Destroyer of Worlds, but from the newest expansion, Heart of Darkness, that's where the Perfected first make their appearance. 

BlueMarsalis79

My mistake, fixing that.

Xiggz456

Cautiously stepping back into this thread now that Larroca is done.

I found the second arc to be a decent survival story but nothing too remarkable about it. Although I do like the idea of a corporate created religion to manipulate people. I'd rate it 7/10

I really enjoyed the annual though! 8.5/10 and thought the inclusion of
Spoiler
ash
[close]
was fun to read. We know from the RPG that
Spoiler
ash models are known for espionage so I do not think this is the same consciousness from Alien but being the same model of synth, it tends to process information in a similar manner and therefore make similar decisions and actions
[close]
. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Really looking forward to the next arc and of course the new artist!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 20, 2022, 12:22:09 PMNormal quality of art, inconsistent looks due to references - Starcub interior/military EEV exterior, Nostromo bridge and mess for a military ship, etc.

Yeah, Alien 3 already showed us the interior of an EEV, so why does it look like the Narcissus?  Also, the EEV apparently launched inward...

Spoiler

[close]
Sal is an artistic genius!

SiL

SiL

He could've just traced the film screenshot...

Kradan

If I didn't know I would think "Wow, this looks pretty good !". But I know ...

Prez

Prez

So is it worth keeping up with these new Marvel series? I have the urge to re-read all my old DH stuff in my collection.

Corporal Hicks

It's largely meh to okay so far, with the terrible artwork being a distracting factor.

Kradan

Quote from: Prez on Aug 03, 2022, 12:43:56 PMI have the urge to re-read all my old DH stuff in my collection.

Do yourself a favour and do just that

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2022, 01:05:25 PMIt's largely meh to okay so far, with the terrible artwork being a distracting factor.

I read the first `volume' and I thought it was ok ... and the artwork was like you said meh (way too much rich colour and polish - Aliens needs a lot of shadow and a more muted, darker palette). Seemed to be missing the TLC factor and rather felt like just another cog in the Marvel Money making machine.

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 03, 2022, 02:20:08 PM
Quote from: Prez on Aug 03, 2022, 12:43:56 PMI have the urge to re-read all my old DH stuff in my collection.

Do yourself a favour and do just that

I will. I got about halfway through Colonial Marines (in my Omnibus). Need to pick that up again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed