Red Band Trailer #2 - New Shot!

Started by Rafael S., Mar 03, 2017, 05:55:03 AM

Author
Red Band Trailer #2 - New Shot! (Read 34,744 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Awesome! I really can't wait to see David's lab in all its glory.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 03, 2017, 11:14:26 AM
So um, now this is the shit I'm talking about. What is that on the wall!

http://i64.tinypic.com/2vukgag.png
Face-palm engineer confirmed? :P

Somebody could make a meme out of this!  :laugh:

Anyway, really cool additions to the trailer, I love seeing more of the Engineers. Like someone mentioned, the fact David's outsmarting them is scary.

Could this actually be the reason why they wanted to destroy us? They eventually saw us as a threat and now one of our Synthetics eradicates a planet full of them.

I imagine one of the Engineers being all "I told you so" to all those who wanted to give us a second chance.

An Engineer lands on Paradise and sees what just happened.

episodenone

I have high hopes for this film.  And keep reminding myself this is a Trilogy -- so not everything will be answered -- and my guess is that when it's all said and done RS wants it all to be ambiguous in the end as well.

But heck -- there is always reason to think past the Star Wars Planet-Theory that planets = cities.  [aside from maybe Naboo]  Thus -- there could be different cities on this planet with different philosophies and perhaps one sect is the reason for the destruction of the other.

It could be the Engineers never planned to destroy us -- we just happened to finally be able to follow the Star Map while they are at war -- a war between "heaven and hell"

Bad timing for us --- good timing for David.  I'd say he hasn't outsmarted anyone - more likely he landed on a decimated population and has free reign.  I wonder that maybe the Xenos etc just pass David by since he is not a suitable host -- but the Queen took down Bishop pretty hard -- and I thought RS was cool with at least the Cameron sequel elements.

echobbase79

I love that new shot of the anatomical waxwork study! To be honest this is far more interesting than the aliens themselves. I'm glad they're down playing it in the marketing so we don't know to much about it.

Xenomorphine

I don't think it's meant to be made out of wax. David 8 probably dissected a dead preserved one. There are some nails/bolts in it, indicating the sieleton has been artificially posed upright.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

So that's the dissected engineer. So, either David has another Engineer on the slab that he's experimenting on or its Shaw.

felipescado

felipescado

i loved the previous film(prometheus) i KNOW the main reaosn people hated it is because of all the specific alien tie in elements that where removed and so they felt DISSAPOINTED, but i actually LOVED the film for what it was, and it is still one of my top 5 all time sci-fi favorite films, now, this one will indeed have the titular aliens and precuel elements, and continue what prometheus started, now if alien 5 can set up a perfect conclusion(that or alien 6?) with this i think we might have the best sci-fi horror saga ever, i still liked alien resurrection a lot even though i admit it isnt the best alien movie(better than avp, or avp-r and of course over alien3 any day)

but i still have high expectections for this one, again, i LOVED prometehus and i am aware fandom is split on that one, so at least i think i can take more deception if it ends up going the same route XD

Sgt. Shanx

Sgt. Shanx

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 03, 2017, 03:47:23 PM
So that's the dissected engineer. So, either David has another Engineer on the slab that he's experimenting on or its Shaw.
my theory is that the body on the slab is Billy Crudup character after being chestbursted...David takes his body back to his lab opens him up a bit more...im guessing for scientific study purposes...zoomed in the clothing matches Crudup from earlier scenes and i see dark short but flowing hair

OmarVel1692

How the interior of the engineer could be reddish-brown if his skin and coloration it's blue? ...

salomonj

salomonj

Oh wow, so I guess this is the RB

Shit, that skinned engineer looks f**ked up.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: OmarVel1692 on Mar 03, 2017, 04:07:49 PM
How the interior of the engineer could be reddish-brown if his skin and coloration it's blue? ...
I wonder about this too.

Here you can see the engineer isn't red inside, but more grayish.

Le Celticant

Remember that both film heavily rely on intense Color Grading.
The engineer in prometheus does showcase very very very deep dark brown (which is red in the luma spectrum).
Although it's very subtle and less intensified than this shot (which has a very strong lighting effect on it).

We'll see.

FiorinaFury161

Cool

CainsSon

CainsSon

I saw this with LOGAN last night. The whole theatre was squirmy. The reaction was very good.

I think the picture to the left or Stage Right of the Hellraiser-styled, half-skinned Engineer, is a close up of the spore.

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 03, 2017, 04:15:48 PM
Quote from: OmarVel1692 on Mar 03, 2017, 04:07:49 PM
I wonder about this too.
https://i0.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Engineer.jpg?fit=475%2C%209999&crop=0%2C0%2C100%2C340px
Here you can see the engineer isn't red inside, but more grayish.

I think the idea is their skin is like a Beluga whale or a porpoise? But I also think - and please don't take this personally - but Geez it's a freaking movie.

echobbase79

I like how it has a Clive Barker/Hellraiser vibe to it. I'm sure Clive would approve.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed