Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series

Started by Dark Blade Hunter, Apr 16, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

Author
Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series (Read 64,177 times)

[cancerblack]

Choo choo! The milk train has no brakes

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Immortan Jonesy

BigDaddyJohn

I don't get it... Wasn't this game supposed to be set in the 50's or 60's ?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 15, 2021, 10:27:15 AM

Resident Evil 7 ~ Biohazard takes place during 2017, and this like in 2021. Also the video is about creating a character using a single reference with a very similar end result. It is not entirely a complaint despite how the title reads. More like an educational exercise I'd say.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 15, 2021, 03:33:45 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 15, 2021, 10:27:15 AM

Resident Evil 7 ~ Biohazard takes place during 2017, and this like in 2021. Also the video is about creating a character using a single reference with a very similar end result. It is not entirely a complaint despite how the title reads. More like an educational exercise I'd say.

Thanks for your answer. I totally misunderstood the premise of this game lol.

PsyKore

I enjoyed 7 quite a lot. But this one, I don't know... It feels boring is filled with all the typical modern game shit.

BigDaddyJohn

I think it has a great atmosphere, but I don't think it's scary at all unless it's one of your first horror games. The story is out of this world lol, trying to reattach itself to earlier entries despite any common sense makes the plot silly.

[cancerblack]

Isn't it only related to 7 directly at all?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 26, 2021, 09:00:33 PM
Isn't it only related to 7 directly at all?

Ehh...
Spoiler
it links itself directly to the origins of the creation of the T-virus
[close]

PredBabe

I just completed my first run through of RE Village this weekend and have to say it was a pleasant surprise for me especially considering how much I was against the continuation of Ethan's story. They managed to carry on his story in the best way possible and gave him a bit more personality this time around to actually kind of enjoy him as a major character in the 8th installment. I look forward to replaying this game again and am really curious to see where they take

Spoiler
the BSAA twist at the end. It's a great opportunity to bring characters like Jill and Barry back with a storyline like this.
[close]

8/10

Also, the Beneviento house was scary as hell to play through. Very well done.

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 12, 2021, 09:30:58 PM
Shut the f**k up Ethan, shut the f**k up Ethan, shut the f**k up Ethan, shut the f**k up Ethan.

Spoiler
David's Lab at the end that's so egregious.

Also the plot's basically just Silent Hill 1.
[close]

I do love Gothic Horror though...

I noticed the similarities during that bit of the game too! Honestly loved it for it.

Kimarhi

I finally finished it today. 

RE7 was better, this feels kind of like what RE4 felt like after the first three games.  Its not bad, its just different compared to what I expected.

Spoiler
I think the next numbered game will feature Rose as the protagonist and you will actually get to play as a bioweapon with actual abilities.
[close]

I didnt think of covenant at all during that particular part, because RE has been doing the creepy lab setting since 1996. 

BlueMarsalis79

Yes ripping off Alien since 1996.

Kimarhi

It's not like Alien is all that original itself.

It basically straight rips off Planet of the Vampires for the first half of the movie, and It! The Terror from Beyond Space the second half. 

Alien just perfected an already well used formula with better writing, characters, set design and creature effects.  As well as how they brought the creature aboard. 

If you ever watch Planet of the Vampires you might be super surprised to see how well Alien "mimics" its first half.  When I finally watched it I thought it borderlined on plagiarism. 

And I can't really see how Alien and RE are that similar.  RE would have more in common with Aliens. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed