EXCLUSIVE: Prometheus finishes shooting at Pinewood

Started by Darkoo, Aug 08, 2011, 05:18:41 PM

Author
EXCLUSIVE: Prometheus finishes shooting at Pinewood (Read 28,507 times)

Semaka

Semaka

Quote from: nendo on Aug 09, 2011, 06:03:41 PM
Quote from: Semaka on Aug 09, 2011, 05:28:16 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 09, 2011, 05:24:40 PM
Names in alphabetical order means proof? ah....no...it's not proof at all. Proof of relation to the larger alien series comes by way of the plot unfolding in the same universe  encountering similar creatures/ships...not alphabetized names.

Well, you have to pay attention to the little things some times. And I like to think that keeping the alphabetical names for the androids is a little hope that this movie will be strongly related to the "Alien" movies, I'd hate to go to cinemas and expect an "Alien" prequel, and to see an Event Horizon one.

it may just be conicidance its follows in an order but its no way near what anyone could call proof. just speculation

yes, speculation is a better word than proof.

Did they show the trailer at the Rise of the Planet of the Apes?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Aug 09, 2011, 06:11:22 PM
Quote from: N7 on Aug 09, 2011, 06:20:40 AM
[
And, if I recall the Alien novel correctly, the so called transmitter that makes the 12-second interval signal doesn't seem to belong to the Derelict ship...

I don't believe that Dean Foster wrote anything about it not belonging to the derelict ship

IIRC correctly is was a separate console that they turned off?

Gash

Quote from: RoaryUK on Aug 09, 2011, 02:21:33 AM
Quote from: josh_axey on Aug 09, 2011, 12:42:54 AM
Quote from: m138jewski on Aug 09, 2011, 12:35:43 AM
awesome to see other people as enthused about this as I am. literally checking for updates on this site and alien prequel news multiple times a day. been waiting for this movie forever

Haven't we all :laugh:

It's gonna be a long few months.

I am so happy that Ridley is so headstrong about using practical props.
When I see films with such heavy CGI, it just makes me want to see this come together that much more.

There is nothing like a well made prop and great film work when it comes to creating a scene or character. It's like comparing chalk to cheese.

That may be so, but it's pretty clear there's still going to be lot of CGI in Prometheus. And that's fine by me, since the problem isn't the medium anyhow, it's the people behind it who sometimes just aren't good enough. For a long time I.L.M lead the way in how to do it right, and that was rather worrying considering CGI is so widely used to do things otherwise impossible in all honestly BADLY.  That was until W.E.T.A. came along, and if any CGI in Prometheus is done to the standard seen in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, I for one willl be more than happy.

As yet I've only seen the trailer for Rise of the Planet of the Apes and a few clips, and to be honest I thought the FX let it down. Very obviously CG, but possibly in the choice of camera moves. I can't help thinking CGI always looks better when augmenting physical props. However Ridley has always used CG tastefully and dismissed it if he felt it wouldn't work, ie animal fights in Gladiator. I trust him to do a great job.

locusta

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 08, 2011, 10:24:01 PM
Where can one see Giger's ALIEN video?

Here it is on the tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hirUE9kwbo#

I still have it on VHS. Signed by Giger himself. Lol, can´t remember when I last time had an VCR ???

josh_axey

Highland

Quote from: Semaka on Aug 09, 2011, 05:19:15 PM

This is another proof that it is related to the other "Alien" movies and I am sure by the time of the release, they will change the title for the movie, because this isn't the first time they do that to movies just to keep them a secret.

There's already a poster and the entire cast talking about it.

If the tag Alien on the title, this won't sell, people have had enough shit Alien movie's.

Gash

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Aug 09, 2011, 06:11:22 PM
Quote from: N7 on Aug 09, 2011, 06:20:40 AM
[
And, if I recall the Alien novel correctly, the so called transmitter that makes the 12-second interval signal doesn't seem to belong to the Derelict ship...

I don't believe that Dean Foster wrote anything about it not belonging to the derelict ship

It's described as being mechanical but utterly unfamiliar, so matching the alien-ness of the rest of the ship. It takes the place of the jockey in the chamber. It's implied later that a broken urn in the same location is probably the pilot, as Brett is described similarly in the cocoon sequence and the urn is referenced back to at that point.

biosynth

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 08, 2011, 09:27:15 PM
We should be getting a teaser soon then if they are done filming. I imagine late this year or February like we did with Predators.

I believe I heard there will be one possibly released in the fall. I forgot where I heard this, I think from the writer Damon Lindeloff.  I guess we have to start looking for it to be in front of any BIG film releases this October or November.

necronom666

Im just wondering if we will see the race called Arcturans in this movie mentioned in aliens??????????????????

[cancerblack]

Really doubt we'll see ANYTHING from Aliens.

ThisBethesdaSea

BUT WHAT ABOUT COLONIAL MARINES? I HAVE TO SEE COLONIAL MARINES? I NEED TO SEE COLONIAL MARINES? COLONIAL MARINES ROCK! Maybe there COLONIAL MARINES? on board and all hell breaks loose and one of them goes and finds Ripley and she and the COLONIAL MARINES kick more ass!!???

LOL

That's how I read it whenever some one posts about it.

Valaquen

I can't remember the Colonial Marines kicking anyone's ass.

Divpax

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 14, 2011, 03:19:55 PM
I can't remember the Colonial Marines kicking anyone's ass.
ZING! So much for them being the ultimate bad asses...  ;D

HMRUBICON

I hope this picture isn't a bad omen.  :'(   I watched a movie called "Horror Planet" aka. " Inseminoid".  Which is kind of a terrible ALIEN rip off, the doors in that movie looked a lot like this one!  ;D

JaaayDee

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed