AvPG Previews Alien Isolation

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2014, 06:31:40 PM

Author
AvPG Previews Alien Isolation (Read 47,866 times)

Corporal Hicks

In early February Creative Assembly invited AvPGalaxy down to their studios in Horsham, England to get a hands-on with Alien – Isolation, their upcoming first-person survival horror game. So Dachande and I packed our bags and went down to the studio to get our first look at Sega and Creative Assemble’s next Alien release:

“I barely made it far before I caused too much noise (try not to run!) and I heard the thudding of a massive creature running towards me. I barely had time to turn around and witness the first of several deaths on my playthrough of Alien Isolation. I watched myself fall the floor, my feet knocked out from underneath me as I was dragged to face the Alien. On one occasion I didn't even get the chance to turn around and face my would-be extra-terrestrial killer, only hear him steamroll towards me from behind.”

As well as the hands-on, we were also given a guided tour around the studios and had the chance to sit down and conduct an interview with Al Hope (Creative Lead) and Jon McKellan (UI Lead). You can find our impressions in the preview we have just uploaded. We have also uploaded the interview we conducted. You can find it as both a written transcript or an audio interview.

Seegson

Seegson

CA tweet 5 minutes ago : "we have some VIP guests in the studio from avpgalaxy"

Space Voyager

ikarop

ikarop

That's right! :) Several of our UK editorial staffers (Dachande and Corporal Hicks) are currently visiting Creative Assembly to meet the Alien: Isolation team. They will share almost 4 intensive hours with Creative Assembly and their upcoming game.

Here's a quick look at the plan for today:

• 12:15PM: Arrival at the station

• 12:30PM - 1:45PM: Early lunch

• 1:45PM - 2:30PM: Hands-on demo of the game

• 2:30PM - 2:45PM: First section of tour - Audio

• 2:45PM - 3:00PM: 2nd section of tour - Lo-Fi Sci-FI

• 3:00PM - 3:15PM: 3rd section of tour - World and Cast

• 3:15PM - 3:30PM: 4th section of tour - Alien

• 3:30PM - 4:00PM: Interview with Al Hope (Creative Lead) and Jon McKellan (Lead UI Designer)
Stay tuned to read AvPGalaxy's report on the tour soon.

HuDaFuK

Despite generally trying to distance myself from details on the game at this point, I'm definitely looking forward to finding out what they think!

Nightlord

Dis gon be good.

Cal427eb

lucky ass mofos

Dachande

That's me dammit! Hicks is in the foreground!

Samus007

So awesome! You guys are so lucky you get to have some time with that game! I cannot wait to play it!!!!

Valaquen

Quote from: Dachande on Feb 04, 2014, 05:36:02 PM
That's me dammit! Hicks is in the foreground!
I know, that's what I meant  :D I should have clarified!

Local Trouble

•4:00PM - 11:00PM: Dachande and Corporal Hicks give CA a seven hour diatribe about the wrongness of the alien model?

xeno-kaname

I saw on Facebook and automatically asked CA if Corporal Hicks was one of the interviewers, which they said yes to. He's always the lucky one :p

Can't wait for the full scoop. Specially after what they quoted what Dachande and Hicks said about the game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed