Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 16, 2015, 05:13:54 PM

Author
Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed (Read 53,980 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Shamo on Nov 16, 2015, 11:37:53 PM
Also it makes it all more coherent. They should actually change the title of Prometheus to Alien: Prometheus.

Leaving the Alien out of title could result in potential movie goers to miss out in the film. I mean hey- I want this series to make millions, so they continue to make them. After they completely destroyed and butchered the Terminator franchise, there is not much left for me....

I fully expect them to rebrand Prometheus as Alien: Prometheus. At the end of the day, it was an Alien film. Sure it didn't have an Alien in it but it was undeniably set in the same universe.

And I definitely hope the script is more coherent this time around!

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 16, 2015, 11:40:38 PM
Didn't read through the thread but I wanted to point out there is no confirmation that the planet mentioned is LV-223. If this movie connects directly to ALIEN, then parts or all of ISOLATION may no longer be canon as I am sure we all know that game has a small focus on what set off the beacon in the original Derelict.

I don't think it's aiming towards it being LV-223. The whole "being on the far side of the galaxy thing" makes it sounds like its going farther out, where they don't expect to find anyone.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 17, 2015, 02:09:40 AM
Wait... what?

It's confirmed that Blomkamp won't do his movie until Ridley finishes with the Prometheus series? I thought it was just one film!

As far as he's said, it would Prometheus 2/Covenant being done first and then Alien 5. He didn't say the whole series.

Quote from: CainsSon on Nov 17, 2015, 04:34:37 AM
Ridley says he isnt letting Alien 'get away from him again.'

He said that in reference to Prometheus/the prequels. He didn't say he wasn't going to let Alien get away from him. He said "these" when talking about the Prometheus films. Urgh. I hate IGN for this.

Quote from: oduodu on Nov 17, 2015, 06:11:13 AM
I was under the impression that Rapace has already been signed for Covenant.

She talked about a Prometheus sequel but I can't remember if she ever signed on or not. I'm just having a flick through our news archives now.

Anonymous

Anonymous

"The First Child
Posted about an hour ago
this is an interesting concept, however I feel that they should focus more on Elizabeth and her quest. Hopefully they don't just kill her off because it was to hard to make her work. "

I don't understand, these movies are called Alien for a reason, not Ripley or Shaw...don't fall in love with the characters too much..

Xenoscream

Sounds much better than I had hoped. Not bothered about the loss of Shaw, time will tell if this is actually due to Noomi not being interested.

I like the idea of David being alone on the planet, it opens up a level of ambiguity over what he says which will make everything more interesting.

Timeline wise I can't see this being after Alien - Remember in Aliens a 57 year cryosleep is considered really, really long. I can buy that this ship has set out maybe, 10 years before or something.

To the people talking about having a much bigger cast, I'm placing my bet now that it won't be a huge cast and they will just have the vast majority of the colonists in cryosleep, I can see a MUTHUR style wake up scenario for the crew of the ship to check out this "perfect" world - not the passengers.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2015, 08:20:46 AM

She talked about a Prometheus sequel but I can't remember if she ever signed on or not. I'm just having a flick through our news archives now.

FYI I couldn't find anything saying she'd signed on.

oduodu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2015, 12:24:40 PM

Ok. Well I certainly hope she will feature. Bummer if she doesn't. I just assumed like with david that was a dead cert.

Who knows.

Whiskeybrewer

I hope that Shaw being missing from the tiny synopsis is just part of the mystery of the plot. But Paradise Lost didn't last long as a title. And why is It again named after the ship. Its like they are going to call the first one Alien : Nostromo. Second one, Aliens : Hadley's Hope. Third one: Alien : Fiorina and Resurrection is gonna be renamed Alien : Auriga

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2015, 12:24:40 PM

Here you go Corporal:

QuoteScott confirmed with Deadline that yes, both actors [Fassbender and Rapace] are still on board for the sequel.
http://collider.com/prometheus-2-story-revealed-by-ridley-scott/

Corporal Hicks

jimbob30

jimbob30

Will we ever get a full on alien prequel.prometheus was ok didn't mind it at all and look forward to seeing how the sequel is handled but would just be nice to see a real xenomorph created what the engineers went through creating them and how did a xeno get out and kill the engineer piloting the ship with the eggs onboard

Corporal Hicks

By all accounts that is what the new prequels are doing.

botched

Fox should go back and re-brand ALIENS into ALIEN: Aliens: Alien 2, so that the uninitiated audience members can connect to dots and know that films are related.   

Primordial

Quote from: oduodu on Nov 16, 2015, 08:32:59 PM
According to Spaihts draft the engineer home world is In. Sagitarius's arm.

Nice point, hope to see it in the movie  :)
Travelling inside the galaxy must be routine for the Engineers, unlike humans from Earth. So humans from another system, more advanced than us, (and speaking english of course :P) could be involved (one should remember our creators are space gardeners, life seeders)

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 16, 2015, 10:39:37 PM
That's something I love about this franchise, it shows hazards such as fires catching etc.

I get what you mean, there are some 'realistic' counterbalances to FTL technology, for e.g.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Nov 17, 2015, 05:57:21 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Nov 16, 2015, 08:32:59 PM
According to Spaihts draft the engineer home world is In. Sagitarius's arm.

Nice point, hope to see it in the movie  :)
Travelling inside the galaxy must be routine for the Engineers, unlike humans from Earth. So humans from another system, more advanced than us, (and speaking english of course :P) could be involved (one should remember our creators are space gardeners, life seeders)

That's something I love about this franchise, it shows hazards such as fires catching etc.

I get what you mean, there are some 'realistic' counterbalances to FTL technology, for e.g.

Good point about the Engineers making other "human" looking aliens.  :P This is actually a great excuse for why this franchise can have many humanoid aliens to begin with, like in Fire and Stone, there's this humanoid four armed and red skinned alien race that was primitive, a Predator that was hunting on the world discovered cave paintings showing Engineers pointing at the stars similarly to how they did with us on Earth.

For all we know, the Arcturians that Frost mentions sleeping with in Aliens could be very human looking as well, only hard to discern the genders.  :laugh:

Federick Gonsa

Interesting. I do find Noomi Rapace's absence odd. Maybe they just mentioned Fassbender because he is a bigger star? Or... Shaw was pretty beat up after getting the cesarean, running around, and being hit on her wound. Perhaps, just maybe, after reconnecting's David's head, she was getting close to death and David froze her to save her later? I felt like David had an mild infatuation with her.

Xenomorphine

When I said it's very difficult, I meant that it's unlike Star Wars or Star Trek where you just activate hyperspeed or warp drive and buzz through like it were nothing. I should've worded it a bit better.

In Alien, it's dangerous despite being a routine, it's still tricky. Remember when the Nostromo landed on LV-426 and caught fire out of nowhere? Sure it's a rust bucket, but it's still decades after Prometheus. The landing wasn't as smooth as it would be for the Millennium Falcon.

Well, in a sense, but I think it just depends on the distance. Cryosleep is only necessary for lengthy voyages. I'd suspect the Falcon is smaller than the Nostromo? In which case, the dropship is a more comparable landing craft and has a similar smooth landing capability.

We really don't know how ships travel long distances in the 'Alien' films... I've often thought it strange that we're able to generate gravity inside ships, yet they travel along using relatively archaic rocket exhausts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed