Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology

Started by BryanThomasS, Jan 07, 2021, 08:18:28 PM

Author
Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology (Read 29,482 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 10, 2022, 12:52:22 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2022, 12:33:45 PMThanks Xiggz. Glad you enjoyed it. We do seem to be outliers on this one though.

I don't think I can cope with a re-read to do an episode on Colony War though. I think we may skip it.

No please please please do it.

Urgh. We'll see. It's really put a damper on my enthusiasm.

Quote from: GreybackElder on May 10, 2022, 09:45:09 PMGreat podcast as always gentlemen! I love the format of picking your favorites and followed by least favorites. I think also think it was a good move to end on some honorable mentions. Overall, I liked the novel. I think you guys were spot on with most of the stories following the same formula. I was like okay, when are the aliens going to win? Id say my biggest gripe was that I've always wanted to see an all out war between hundreds of preds and aliens but nothing in this one. I loved Scylla and Charybdis. The idea of a collector predator was fascinating. Also, the pred v pred is always appreciated and it really helps expand the mythos. Some of my honorable mentions were Hotel Mariposa, Homestead(definitely the most terrifying especially because my wife is pregnant) First Hunt  and film school. I really enjoyed Another Mother but I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had read phalanx. That short story had me laughing out loud at times. My least favorite was better luck to borrow and night doctors.  Overall I felt that it was a good read. Better than bug hunt, not quite as good as If It bleeds.7.0 out of 10. I can't wait for Byan Thomas Schmidt's Eyes of the Demon. It's gonna be killer!!

Thanks Greyback! Glad you enjoyed. :) I think at a push I would have to have called Night Doctors my least favourite. Other than the ending, where it really went off the rails, that one was actually pretty decent.

BlueMarsalis79

That's why I want it man.

Corporal Hicks

I can't imagine it'll be very fun to listen to me being depressed for an hour and a half.

Adamantiumhip

I couldnt re read it either. The mediocre way outweighs the good

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2022, 08:30:01 AMI can't imagine it'll be very fun to listen to me being depressed for an hour and a half.

Remember Forever Midnight? ;D

Corporal Hicks

In all fairness, enough time had passed for that to be fun depressing!

Kradan

Wweyland

I must confess that I did not enjoy this anthology at all. Only a few stories clicked for me, but the majority did not. I felt the AvP format does not really work well for short stories. I would have liked to have a story without any insufferable human characters, so something from a purely Predator POV. And as has been mentioned, no Predaliens?

Predator: If It Bleeds was far superior.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed