It seems that Zach Howard continues to hate aliens ...

Started by Ryu, Apr 27, 2021, 05:49:59 PM

Author
It seems that Zach Howard continues to hate aliens ... (Read 1,611 times)

Ryu

Well it seems that Zach Howard, after doing the aliens comic: more than human, continues to hate being involved with this comic. 12 years later, on the day of Alien day, Zach returns to take out Aliens and those who participated, under the bus. He called the story John Arcudi, one of the worst. And he called Chris Warner, a subhuman evil troll. (although also Samantha Robertson, was involved in editing the comic).
For those who were very young, in 2009 Zach joined the forum, to give behind the scenes and ask for support from fans. But the negative Reviews of the comic and fans asking why the Aliens had Tusked, ended up making Zach upset. But the last straw was when an old colleague named Domino saw the similarities between the Alien3 cover by nitendo and the published cover. Zach exploded, and called Aliens fans, the worst fanbase of all and other names.
What came next was, stores refusing to order Aliens comic or other works from Zach, unless he apologized. He ended up apologizing and ending up deleting his account. But for those who follow the Zach in the social accounts, each time it is Alien day, he only has anything to say negative about the project.
And it's a shame, because it was the 2009 Aliens collection, one of my first comics to order from a comics store. And it was necessary to do a search, because what some friends said, that Zach, despite being a good artist, is really a horrible human being.
And I just feel disgusted by Zach's statements to colleagues who participated in the comic.
https://www.facebook.com/zach.howard.359

Corporal Hicks

I'll always remember the incident with Domino, but I didn't remember/know he hated the entire series. I've always enjoyed that run (especially that #1 cliffhanger) and like you it was the first I got to pick up in singles. Shame I couldn't say the same about enjoying Prey to the Heavens though. 

SM

I didn't buy More Than Human at the time, but enjoyed it when I read it later on.

I vaguely recall some people asking about the tusked Aliens, but don't recall any of the other drama.

He's just showing that he hasn't read every Aliens story...

Drukathi

I like tusked aliens. They (or something like) also were in AvP: Three World War comic.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Apr 28, 2021, 06:16:19 AM
I vaguely recall some people asking about the tusked Aliens, but don't recall any of the other drama.

It was supposed to be dealt with in 3 World War from what I remember, but Arcudi didn't write that like originally planned and I guess Stradley didn't care.

Russ840

Yeah. That's right. I remember a note or reply in the letters section of one of the issues saying that Three World War would address the Tusked Xeno's. Would have been more synergy between the series'.

judge death

I just wish the comic explained where the xenos came from and how they grew their numbers as the humans being controled didnt die but somehow they got more xenos, the comic seemed to imply the xenos breed with a new method but we didnt get to see anything.

I dont have any issues with them having tusks, I have a theory:
As the humans on that planet was controlled and did things and went to where the xenos wanted them, and having these aliens with tusks: there was a queen mother somewhere on that planet. She can mind control and in earth war comics we had those aliens with tusks being her body guard.
We had these aliens seen before in earth war so to me its well into what we have seen before.
So I have no issues with it, Im surprised to hear there was a backlash to it :S

I have aliens fast track to heaven which is the comic released after more than human, but havent read it yet, does it explain the events in more than human?

SM

Nah, Fast Track is completely unrelated.  There was an Free Comic Day one-shot prequel with Sereda from More Than Human and 3WW, but it was set on Earth and touched briefly on rebuilding post-Alien invasion.

Nightmare Asylum

That FCBD issue is actually the only comic I ever read from this particular era of Alien/Predator titles. I remember getting it, being excited to follow along with the monthly releases, and then just... not getting them for whatever reason.

SM

I was completely unaware the FCBD story even existed until a couple of years ago.

judge death

Ahh thanks SM, well seems its up to the readers fantasy then pretty much.

SM

Yeah more or less.

I remember the tusk thing and not thinking it was especially a big deal.

Xenomrph

I just figured the Aliens were born from some kind of host that had tusks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed