Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 433,838 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 17, 2018, 02:52:32 PM
I don't know why everything has to make perfect sense all the sudden. We don't even know why they skin people to begin with.

It's what they do, it shouldn't be missing from the movies. People still criticise AvP-R for the skinned body, granted, for a cleanup mission it doesn't make much sense, but i always saw it as a "f**king mission... come on, just one time i'll have me some fun" kinda thing from Wolf.

Remember, Predators are having fun killing people, up to the point where they do stupid things, basically in every movie. If they would just rationally kill people and fly home no one would have ever survived the movies.

In the end of the day, it didn't compromise his mission at all. They didn't find the skinned body and yelled "Alien!".

Guys, from all the things that have to make sense in order to make a good movie, none of it is a skinned body hanging from a tree.

I agree with you overall, but i was just afraid that it would appear as too much of a simple nod to the audience. Even though as a predator fan i'm glad it appears to be in the movie.

Danversity

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 17, 2018, 02:52:32 PM
I don't know why everything has to make perfect sense all the sudden. We don't even know why they skin people to begin with.

It's what they do, it shouldn't be missing from the movies. People still criticise AvP-R for the skinned body, granted, for a cleanup mission it doesn't make much sense, but i always saw it as a "f**king mission... come on, just one time i'll have me some fun" kinda thing from Wolf.

Remember, Predators are having fun killing people, up to the point where they do stupid things, basically in every movie. If they would just rationally kill people and fly home no one would have ever survived the movies.

In the end of the day, it didn't compromise his mission at all. They didn't find the skinned body and yelled "Alien!".

Guys, from all the things that have to make sense in order to make a good movie, none of it is a skinned body hanging from a tree.

Right on.

Ramjet311

Couple of instagram posts from Jake Busey. Notice the #DrKeyes hashtag

ace3g

#110 days till The Predator.

Corporal Hicks

https://www.cnet.com/features/keegan-michael-key-takes-on-the-predator-q-and-a/

New interview with Key. Not from the set visits. Not read it yet.

black

Again this story about 5 films in the franchise ... How hard it is for me to admit this into the canon. >:(

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: black on May 29, 2018, 01:10:16 PM
Again this story about 5 films in the franchise ... How hard it is for me to admit this into the canon. >:(

Yeah weird that it's specifically him that keeps bringing that on the table, i think i haven't heard anyone else talk about it.

Hollywood

Didn't Shane Black talk about which movies he considers canon a while back? I don't think it sounded consistent with what Key is saying. I could be remembering it wrong.

BigDaddyJohn

I vaguely recall Black saying something like The Predator happening after Predator 1 & 2 and before Predators... He didn't mention AVP indeed IIRC.

The Old One

The Old One

Just FYI, an actor saying he considers spin-offs canon doesn't make it so. Nor does the presence of weapons or tech invented for the production of said spin-offs.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Old One on May 29, 2018, 02:14:51 PM
Just FYI, an actor saying he considers spin-offs canon doesn't make it so. Nor does the presence of weapons or tech invented for the production of said spin-offs.

That's exactly what i thought and said before on the forum regarding shurikens, Black probably like the design and want to reuse it that's all.

Hollywood

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 29, 2018, 01:52:44 PM
I vaguely recall Black saying something like The Predator happening after Predator 1 & 2 and before Predators... He didn't mention AVP indeed IIRC.
Yep, here's the link to the video where he talks about it:

I agree. I'm just wondering if Key or any other cast members were informed on what is considered canon or if it was up for personal interpretation. I personally don't see how the AVP movies can fit but then again I haven't read the script haha

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hollywood on May 29, 2018, 03:08:01 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 29, 2018, 01:52:44 PM
Yep, here's the link to the video where he talks about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7pOiu1kmZU

I agree. I'm just wondering if Key or any other cast members were informed on what is considered canon or if it was up for personal interpretation. I personally don't see how the AVP movies can fit but then again I haven't read the script haha

Thanks man ! That was it !

KiramidHead

Him saying they're part of the franchise doesn't really impact canonicity or lack thereof. He probably just means, "Hey, there are five other movies with Predators in them."

Tetsujin

Interview Keegan-Michael Key and Sterling Kelby Brown from Hotel Artemis premier.

https://twitter.com/ArthurKade/status/1001904935498407936

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed