"I Know It's Sacrilege, But..." - Discussing News on Noah Hawley's Alien Series & Fede Alvarez's Alien Project - AvP Galaxy Podcast #141

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 17, 2022, 03:03:50 PM

Author
"I Know It's Sacrilege, But..." - Discussing News on Noah Hawley's Alien Series & Fede Alvarez's Alien Project - AvP Galaxy Podcast #141 (Read 9,090 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 141st episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! In this episode Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and Xenomorphine talking about all the latest news regarding FX and Noah Hawley’s upcoming Alien series, and the recently announced Alien film being developed by Don’t Breathe’s Fede Alvarez!

"I Know It's Sacrilege, But..." - Discussing News on Noah Hawley's Alien Series & Fede Alvarez's Alien Project - AvP Galaxy Podcast #141

We discuss our thoughts on the Alien series Earth setting, the transhumanism and consciousness transfer, the recent announcement of Fede Alvarez developing a new Alien film with Sir Ridley Scott for Hulu, and plenty more!

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunes, PodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a rating and review on whichever platform you're using!

And if you'd rather see our beautiful faces, as always the video version of the podcast is also available on the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy YouTube channel!

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

BlueMarsalis79

Thank God, something to stave off the existential dread for a moment.

Kradan

Kradan

Tell me about it

Seems like this episode will be downloading for an hour. I guess, I should thankful I still have the Internet at all

Gimitko

Listened to a recent podcast with Hawley and he said hes got 2 Alien episodes left to write. He also talked about the central thematic conflict of the series, it went something like this:

"On the one hand you have humanity overcoming nature even more with transhuman enchancements and other technologies controlled by powerful corporations, on the other you have the aliens there to remind them they are just prey. The Alien franchise for me has been about the people sandwiched between the two"

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

YouTube says I "need to log in to confirm my age" to watch the video. Explicit language flag apparently...  :-\

Kradan

Kradan

No f**king ice cream for you

The things Corporal says sometimes - horrible, just horrible. Could never believe such words would come out of somebody's mouth

NoStyleDutch

NoStyleDutch

In regards to the on-the-nose names for the series that likely came from casting calls: I've done video auditions for Star Wars Force Awakens where the characters had random names and I realized after seeing the movie we're for Finn and Rey.
Same thing for the Ready Player One audition I did.  So I assume and hope that the hermit's name isn't really "Hermit" lol

Also, when  Noah Hawkey talks about being a huge fan of Alien, (even Alvarez to an extent but I hope I'm wrong) it reminds me of someone like JJ Abrams saying he's a big Star Wars fan. (And I'm one for the people who liked TFA.) To people like us who are hardcore fans we like to think that means he's someone who follows the non-movie lore, reads some comics, hopefully looking at the RPG book. But sadly it seems like most of the filmmakers who end up on these projects are only big fans in the most basic sense. Which doesn't mean they can't make a great movie, but it is frustrating that they never seem to have reverence for other material.

I've been binging old podcast episodes and just relistened to the one with the writer of a Predators, and his reaction to being asked if he had been inspired to make "super predators", sorry Hicks, in any way by the Bad Blood comics made it clear that his fandom was fairly surface. Not saying it makes him any less of a fan, just not as hardcore as what many of us consider to be a big fan.

I hope that eventually, we could see a film in either franchise, or AVP, by someone who has a love not just for the films, but the expanded universe. It would be great to see some deep-cut lore show up someday!

acrediblesource

For fans of Lore based stuff, it resides mainly to what is accessible and directed to what age. What should inspire writing should just be ones own resources for writing. I just hope you trust a writer enough not for them to engage too much in lore because then it becomes just fan fap.

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 17, 2022, 07:29:31 PM
For fans of Lore based stuff, it resides mainly to what is accessible and directed to what age. What should inspire writing should just be ones own resources for writing. I just hope you trust a writer enough not for them to engage too much in lore because then it becomes just fan fap.

I largely agree, and don't think a writer should be stricken by it. I think I more just was going on a overly long rant about the difference in perceptions of  artists as "fans" of franchises.

But sometimes you get someone on the other end of the spectrum of avoiding "fan fap" like a Ridley Scott; who doesn't even take into account the lore from his own movies. And I love Prometheus lol

Ingwar

Ingwar

Great podcast! Since you guys (Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and Xenomorphine) haven't seen Noah's Fargo series I can assure you that it's phenomenal. Also, I love nihilism in Alien series and I cannot wait to see more of it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Also just so you all know, Legion's now on Disney+ in the UK version. In terms of you guys doing your homework, I think you need to check the entirety of that and Fargo Season 1 out, and The Terror that Ridley Scott produced imo, and Raised By Wolves Season 1, if you want to have a proper and in depth discussion about what this Series might look like instead of purely going on statements and such.

And he does not like J.R.R Tolkien either? ... Jesus Christ

Kradan

I haven't dug much into all the material coming out on Hawley's series but what you're guys were saying about it makes me go "Eeeeh, not sure about this, where's my third prequel ?". On the other hand, Xeno-"Hard to impress"-morphine'scomments about Fred Alvarez make me quite excited about the new Alien movoe he'll be directing!

Also, RidgeTop, you bastard talking about going to see The Batman !  :D

Xenomorphine

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 17, 2022, 10:52:52 PM
Also just so you all know, Legion's now on Disney+ in the UK version. In terms of you guys doing your homework, I think you need to check the entirety of that and Fargo Season 1 out, and The Terror that Ridley Scott produced imo, and Raised By Wolves Season 1, if you want to have a proper and in depth discussion about what this Series might look like instead of purely going on statements and such.

And he does not like J.R.R Tolkien either? ... Jesus Christ

'Legion' is on my list, specifically for this reason (but I've got so much other stuff on Disney to stream through, first...).

Think RBW is only available on Sky Atlantic and HBO. The UK won't be getting HBO for several years (due to licencing rights) and I don't have Sky.

Local Trouble

Xenomorphine was on point about Caprica.  This series has been giving me the same vibe ever since all this information started leaking.

And we'll probably find ourselves waiting for the aliens in same way Caprica kept us waiting for the Cylons.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 17, 2022, 04:44:38 PM
YouTube says I "need to log in to confirm my age" to watch the video. Explicit language flag apparently...  :-\

The YouTube Corporal Hicks' potty mouth filter algorithm strikes again!

Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 17, 2022, 06:13:10 PM
In regards to the on-the-nose names for the series that likely came from casting calls: I've done video auditions for Star Wars Force Awakens where the characters had random names and I realized after seeing the movie we're for Finn and Rey.
Same thing for the Ready Player One audition I did.  So I assume and hope that the hermit's name isn't really "Hermit" lol

Indeed.  The actual character name is Herman Toothrot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed