Aliens: The Essential Comics

Started by Russ840, Apr 23, 2018, 09:27:48 PM

Author
Aliens: The Essential Comics (Read 8,505 times)

T Dog

T Dog

My "Predator Essential Comics Vol 1" arrived today. Really nice print, the colours pop!

Also included which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is the "Predator 2" comic adaptation of the movie. I never even knew this existed! I know Predator 2 the movie was inspired by the Concrete Jungle comic series but I never knew they then adapted the movie back into a comic. Looking forward to checking this out!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That seems like an odd inclusion.

It also makes it the only adaptation from the series to be collected in a trade like this.

T Dog

T Dog

Also according to the ads in the back they are doing the Essential AVP comics next, but that was to be expected.

Corporal Hicks

I'm still waiting on my original art hardback edition.  :'(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Omnibus collections are out-of-print, aren't they? So it makes sense that they're doing some reprints.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. I think they have been for a while. My only fear is that the reprints aren't going to be as comprehensive as those omnibus. Even if they didn't collect everything, they still had a lot!

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 10, 2019, 12:22:28 PM
Yeah. I think they have been for a while. My only fear is that the reprints aren't going to be as comprehensive as those omnibus. Even if they didn't collect everything, they still had a lot!

Yeah the shorts and one offs are missing from the Predator Essentials but on the plus side there's still loads of material and the print is bigger and higher quality.

It'll be interesting to see how they progress going forward. Seems like they are doing the limited hard back oversized collectors editions and then moving to these essential collections. They also seem to be evenly rotating the releases so far going: Alien, then Predator then AVP

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: T Dog on Feb 10, 2019, 12:58:40 PMThey also seem to be evenly rotating the releases so far going: Alien, then Predator then AVP

I believe the Omnibus collections were done the same way.

T Dog

T Dog

Side note: anybody read The Terminator omnibus?

T Dog

T Dog

I have Aliens Omnibus 1 but would it be worth picking up Essentials 1 now before it goes out of print?

Bigger pages, better print and the original names right?

Nightmare Asylum

If you're looking to get the Dark Horse one before it is gone then yeah, probably. It is worth noting though, that Marvel also mentioned reprints in their press release yesterday, so I wouldn't be shocked to see "Epic Collection" releases of all of the DH stuff like they've been doing with DH's Star Wars comics.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Imagine if Marvel somehow reprinted Countdown lol

RhubarbLeaves

RhubarbLeaves

Does anyone know how long it took for the Dark Horse Star Wars graphic novels to go out of print?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 03, 2020, 05:30:17 PMImagine if Marvel somehow reprinted Countdown lol

FatStu

FatStu

Read this last night. Superb. So glad they did away with all the Billie and Wilks nonsense. I tried reading the Steve Perry novel not long ago but i couldn't get past those names.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed