AvP2 Trailer Analysis

Started by Darkness, Aug 25, 2007, 09:00:21 PM

Author
AvP2 Trailer Analysis (Read 33,187 times)

Lee Yutani

Lee Yutani

I watched it about 15 times and can't freaking wait to see the green-band.  However, I can safely say this movie will be far from the best of the franchise.  The main reason = predalien. I think predalien was "pretty much" the only thing wrong with AVP.  It's so unreasonable to have the alien all of a sudden(as far as the movies go) take on the physical characteristics of it's host.  I mean, in Alien3 it didn't come out and bark or moo at anyone or grow bull horns or floppy dog ears and don't even try to say it moved differently because it was just the same in the other movies.  The second reason = questionable cast.  I think someone that might have carried the movie would be (just spitballing) one of the old James Cameron movie/1980's actionish types like Brian Thompson otherwise known as one of the punks from Terminator or the villian from Cobra.

m206

m206

Hi guys, my thought:  In the first AVP the aliens were sort of "powered" with the initial electric shock at the queen (in fact she produced more eggs in less time, and they grown in very few hours instead of more like in other alien films). Connect this at the thing that the preds in AVP where youngs and without experience, and, i think, you'll have the preds "owned" by aliens in AVP.  In AVP2, the main pred seems to be fully adult and skilled, and the aliens seems to be the "normal" ones from ALIENS: Final Fight, stated that, i think that the pred taking the 2 aliens it's quite acceptable.  Byez

redzilla

redzilla

I was waiting for the latest screenshot and trailers for this movie!I was waiting so long until this movie will come out!   ;D  

carnalien

carnalien

i really like like the idea of a predqueen that was mentioned earlier. but i would think that the aliens need a base queen to keep the species "pure" if u know wat i mean. people who ahve played "extinction" on ps2 will know wat im talking bout

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

read ALIEN EARTH HIVE   PURE  ALIENS  derived from pure face huggers  -Praetorian -Ravager -Carrier  the above are special Aliens from Pure face huggers only layed by the Queen if there is a huge hive

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

if you read the book they sent off these millitary dudes called Beserkers that were on this drug called Fire that made them super stong and smart they had these giant mecs that were acid proof and indestructible thats what they thought  they went deep in to the hive and they ended up going  geting all killed by Praetorians the one Alien calls they did not know about

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

the graphic novels are bad ass

[CaM]Spoon

[CaM]Spoon

THat very last shot in trailer the guy is using the predators shoulder canon to blow up that alien above his head.  Its clearly a predator weapon.  I noticed it first day and dont know if anyone noticed that.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Guys, it's definately the pred-alien.   ;)   I must have watched the HD trailer about 40 times now. lol Frame-by-frame, normal, etc.   :D    J, what I meant by comparing it the the comics, novels, etc. being a fatal flaw is that they've greatly skewed the abilities of both species. Personally, they differ from the films they're based so much that I dislike them for the most part.  I''ve been wanting a match up between the two species ever since I saw Predator back in '87 before the comics were even launched, but even then I knew that the encounter between the two species would require the predator to greatly change his tactics. Combating aliens would be completely different than humans. The problem is when the AVP comics were first released the authors tried to retain the feel of both Predator and Aliens (to a fault), and the only way they could do that was by dumbing down the aliens and suping-up the preds. Accurately speaking based on what we've seen in the Alien & Predator films, physically the preds would be outmatched, but technologically and intelligently the aliens would be outmatched.

JK

JK

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Regarding the seen where wolf is holding the two warriors by the neck and judging by everything else we've seen so far, I wouldn't by surprised if the Strause Bros. orchestrated the scene to play out where both warriors try to impale wolf with their tails at the same time and he "deftly" dodges them both and they impale each other.    ::)   :undecided.  That'd be a another kick to the groin.   :P  

Nemmesyz

Nemmesyz

its the best trailer i've ever seen. its amazing. Finally it has GORE!!

JetSqueak

JetSqueak

Just learned of the trailer today and this is TOTALLY awesome.  I've been longing for a mix of some darkness of Alien and the intensity from Aliens. I'm a big Aliens fan and I'm warming up to the idea of having these two sci-fi horror titans duke it out in these movies but it's awesome seeing another movies created with Aliens.  This movie certainly looks WAY BETTER than the first AVP movie and I'm SO wanting it to be Christmas time already!!!

beeko

beeko

this movie is out of control, ive watched the trailer too many times to mention, i cant get enough of it.

Warrior

Warrior

I freakin loved the trailer, espeacially the preadtor new weapon the chain thing was awsome

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed