Novelization...

Started by Spoon, May 01, 2007, 01:07:54 PM

Author
Novelization... (Read 29,839 times)

Spoon

Spoon

Why isnt there a novel of the movie?  The first one had a novel which came out around this time and i have to admit the novel was million times better then movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed we haven't heard anything about a novel. As far as I know, Harper Collins still has the license. If they teamed up with DH Press, I'm sure they could churn out a lovely AvP2 novel.

SiL

SiL

The AvP novel wasn't released this far in advanced. We've still got another seven months before the film's (currently) set to come out.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

I never understood why people would ruin by reading the novel in advance of the movie's release. But then, that's just me.

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

I read the novel and reuined the first film for me. Couldn't help myself.

SiL

SiL

To be honest I didn't think I'd spoiled anything - the movie was so vastly different it didn't matter.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

This is true (from what I hear). Personally, I just never want to take the risk that I'll find something out that would have made the film's first viewing that much more special had I not known it. I guess in this case it's the possible appearance by the Predalien or the victor in various fights (though granted, the single Pred kinda decides this).

But like I say...that's just me.

Spoon

Spoon

Same reason. I just couldnt wait.  And yeah the novel was really different as far as action goes.
Oh yeah im thinkg avp 1 movie came out in december also.
I think novel came out 3 months befor movie or something

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Spoon on May 01, 2007, 01:07:54 PM
Why isnt there a novel of the movie?  The first one had a novel which came out around this time and i have to admit the novel was million times better then movie.
wow a novel!? im so buying it! and from what i can usely tell most books turn to movies not movies turn to books so im not sure, but some do it the other way around it usely takes a few months before a book comes out, give it about 4 - 6 months

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: Spoon on May 01, 2007, 08:27:33 PM
Same reason. I just couldnt wait.  And yeah the novel was really different as far as action goes.
Oh yeah im thinkg avp 1 movie came out in december also.
I think novel came out 3 months befor movie or something
Um, the relase date was August 13, 2004 (I remember this date well for I wanted to see Yu-Gi-Oh! which came out the same date and It was the first day at my most hated school.).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

In the US, yes. December might have been the release date where that fella lives.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 02, 2007, 06:14:44 AM
In the US, yes. December might have been the release date where that fella lives.
I checked the guy's profile, and the clock is about 6 hours ahead, putting him by the eastern Alantic, and there is only one country who had AVP in December, and that was Japan.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

That avatar is sweet Dark

Spoon

Spoon

LOL
Where did i say the movie came out in december?
I siad i was thinking it came out in December?  Basicly I thought it did! ahhaa
Movie came out in Augest and novel came out about 3-4 months before

Vader the White

Vader the White

Just telling you.

Quote from: uhhhhh on May 02, 2007, 09:56:07 PM
That avatar is sweet Dark
Thanks. The target was hard.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed