Beta Questions

Started by predxeno, Nov 26, 2012, 05:18:27 PM

Author
Beta Questions (Read 13,835 times)

predxeno

predxeno

For the beta testing, will we have to go somewhere in order to take part in the test or will an early copy of the game be sent to us?

Darkness

Darkness

#1
Good question. How do I test it for IOS? What's this Testflight thing?

ikarop

ikarop

#2
I believe Testflight is a platform to distribute beta iOS apps, but if you don't have an account there a regular email account should be fine too according to the instructions.

The beta is a closed beta so I assume you will have to wait until the devs have selected the testers to see if you got in.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

#3
Shot them an Email about beta testing, hope I get selected!

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

#4
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 27, 2012, 01:09:06 AM
Shot them an Email about beta testing, hope I get selected!
I as well. Seems strange that iOS gets 25 testers and android gets an additional 75 tho.. Heh..

I bought my ipad because i heard this game was coming out.. I mean.. If that isnt a fan... A crazy fan... I dunno what is.. I hope they let me in for that reason alone!

I kid, i kid!

But seriously... Let me test this AMG... Seriously...

Darkness

Darkness

#5
There's only a handful of IOS devices whereas there are countless different android configurations. That's why Android requires more testers.

predxeno

predxeno

#6
I also gave them an email, good luck to us all. :)

BogdanDude

BogdanDude

#7
Hey guys!

I'm Bogdan, one of the developers at Angry Mob Games.

Let me know if you have any questions about the AVP:Evolution beta testing.

Basically, we'll be sending weekly builds to all the guys who get selected, and then we'll create a private Google Group, where everybody could discuss various feedback.

On iOS, there's a special process where we can send you 'ad-hoc' builds of apps which aren't yet on the AppStore. And we're limited to around 25 people. On Android, there's no limit, but to keep things manageable, and not spam the Google Group discussions, we'll also limit that to 100.

Once you get selected, we'll give you very detailed instructions on what things to look for in terms of bugs, game balancing etc.

Make sure to specify you're applying from this AvPGalaxy forum. We'd really love some feedback from fans like you!

Thanks!

ikarop

ikarop

#8
Hi Bogdan and welcome to the website! Also thanks for taking the time to register on here and get involved with the community, it's very appreciated. Hope you enjoy your time here!

predxeno

predxeno

#9
Nice to meet you Bogdan, it's an honor to have someone like you here on the site.  I just re-sent my beta application email stating who I am on this forum, hope I get selected. :)

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

#10
Freaking sign me up for this sh!t!

Darkness

Darkness

#11
Okay, I sent an email. I've never beta tested anything before but I'm eager to help out.

And yeah, I think it's a great thing. Developers getting involved with the community.

Edit: Damn, I'm out. The game doesn't run on the 4th Gen Ipod Touch.

aliens13

aliens13

#12
Quote from: BogdanDude on Nov 27, 2012, 08:38:32 PM
Hey guys!

I'm Bogdan, one of the developers at Angry Mob Games.

Let me know if you have any questions about the AVP:Evolution beta testing.

Basically, we'll be sending weekly builds to all the guys who get selected, and then we'll create a private Google Group, where everybody could discuss various feedback.

On iOS, there's a special process where we can send you 'ad-hoc' builds of apps which aren't yet on the AppStore. And we're limited to around 25 people. On Android, there's no limit, but to keep things manageable, and not spam the Google Group discussions, we'll also limit that to 100.

Once you get selected, we'll give you very detailed instructions on what things to look for in terms of bugs, game balancing etc.

Make sure to specify you're applying from this AvPGalaxy forum. We'd really love some feedback from fans like you!

Thanks!
Hi, welcome to the best website of AvP and of the world!! Like predxeno said, it's an honor to have someone like you here on the site.

predxeno

predxeno

#13
Quote from: Darkness on Nov 28, 2012, 09:13:40 PM
Okay, I sent an email. I've never beta tested anything before but I'm eager to help out.

And yeah, I think it's a great thing. Developers getting involved with the community.

Edit: Damn, I'm out. The game doesn't run on the 4th Gen Ipod Touch.

Damn, cause that's the same model I have.  Where does it say that?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

#14
Just got an iphone tonight! I sent my request to be a beta tester so I really hope they consider folks from our site. I've never tested before but I've been a long time fan for all things Alien and Predator! Maybe it might count for something now lmao

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed