Which version of Alien Trilogy runs better on PC, DOS or PS1?

Started by Hudson, Jul 02, 2020, 02:39:40 PM

Author
Which version of Alien Trilogy runs better on PC, DOS or PS1? (Read 5,115 times)

Hudson

The post title says it all! I'm curious because the DOSBox version of ALT that I'm playing seems to slow down at points, even with the CONF file edited for some optimization. Is this similar to the PS1 version?

[cancerblack]

Haven't managed to get any PS1 emu version working, the Dosbox one for me has a slightly choppy framerate but the game itself doesn't slow down. PS1 version is superior thanks to the SFX anyway though, so play that if you can.

aliens13

I think that the Ps1 is the best version of the game. I play it in the Ps1 and in a emulator (both Pc and Android) and it plays excellent without any problem. And in the both emulator of Pc and Android it runs smoothly

molasar

From my experience it goes like this PS1>Sat>PC

You can use a Mednafen emulator to run console versions.

FreshRot

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 04, 2020, 09:34:42 PMHaven't managed to get any PS1 emu version working, the Dosbox one for me has a slightly choppy framerate but the game itself doesn't slow down. PS1 version is superior thanks to the SFX anyway though, so play that if you can.

Make sure your emu is using the PS1 bios Sony made for the PSP! They've come a far way in quality, but that seemed to be one of the best things to happen for PS1 emus.

Wweyland

I finished the game a few years ago on the PS1 emulator.
By far the best version of the game, in terms of graphics, sound/music (there's always issues with music on the dos games) and quicksave/quickload feature of the emulator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed