Any updates on the lawsuit?

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Apr 02, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Author
Any updates on the lawsuit? (Read 81,056 times)

The Yeti

The Yeti

So if one files a claim for some kind of refund, does that customer have to relinquish his/her copy of the game?
I bought the $100 Collector Edition on day one. I was disappointed with some issues, namely graphics, but I  actually liked the game, to a certain extent.
I do feel a bit betrayed by the 'false advertising', and would like some kind of reimbursement.
However, I'm gonna keep my game (especially the sweet statue)!
Sega/Gearbox should have made the DLC FREE to those who bought the game new.
Perhaps, if I get some $$$ from this lawsuit, I'll send some of it back Sega's way by DL'n that campaign DLC.
At the very least, I already Pre-ordered Alien Isolation, so...

Darkness

Darkness

Good question. I can't really imagine them asking you to send the game back to them.

Some interesting things I read in the documents: There was a total of 135,000 people who pre-ordered/ordered day one in the United States. If every single one of those people filed a claim, you'd only get around $5. But it also says that claims rarely exceed 7% so if 7% of the 135K filed a claim, you'd get at most $77 refund.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 13, 2014, 07:27:29 PM
Good question. I can't really imagine them asking you to send the game back to them.

Some interesting things I read in the documents: There was a total of 135,000 people who pre-ordered/ordered day one in the United States. If every single one of those people filed a claim, you'd only get around $5. But it also says that claims rarely exceed 7% so if 7% of the 135K filed a claim, you'd get at most $77 refund.

I have my game and box still, no receipt. Curious as to how I can prove I bought the game.

I expect many to have gotten rid of their games already. I plan on getting nearly a full refund and buying Isolation with it.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

QuoteMakes me think they're just going to get rid of the license once AI is all done with (think this is their last game on the license?). They've had nothing but trouble with Alien games.

Makes you wonder if they get their priorities straight. AvP'10 was pushed out the door rather quick to make up for the ACM delay as I saw it, which makes it all the more shameful ACM was such a bummer.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 13, 2014, 07:08:17 AM
Quote from: Darkness on Aug 12, 2014, 07:14:06 PM
I can't help but feel a little sorry for Sega. They must have poured millions into ACM and it's ended up costing them much more in the end. And Gearbox still haven't had their comeuppance.

Makes me think they're just going to get rid of the license once AI is all done with (think this is their last game on the license?). They've had nothing but trouble with Alien games.

Infestation was good.

ion

ion

sega sucks they ruin games for a quick buck, mostly

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 15, 2014, 06:11:42 AM
I can't help but feel a little sorry for Sega. They must have poured millions into ACM and it's ended up costing them much more in the end. And Gearbox still haven't had their comeuppance.

Makes me think they're just going to get rid of the license once AI is all done with (think this is their last game on the license?). They've had nothing but trouble with Alien games.

Infestation was good.

True enough. Probably the best Alien game of recent years. Still kind of messed about - narratively - by ACM.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2014, 10:46:21 AM

Infestation was good.

True enough. Probably the best Alien game of recent years. Still kind of messed about - narratively - by ACM.

There was more fan service in the character bios than in the entirety of ACM.

underbound

underbound

So will we be getting our money back? I spent $100+ dollars on the game and id like to have it back. I have both my preorder and purchase receipt. So if they need me to show it, I got em right here.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 16, 2014, 04:18:49 AM

Infestation was good.

No, the E3 trailer for ACM where the marine answers with how many fingers can he see by sticking up his middle finger had more character then the entire story of A:CM

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: underbound on Aug 16, 2014, 05:51:02 AM
So will we be getting our money back? I spent $100+ dollars on the game and id like to have it back. I have both my preorder and purchase receipt. So if they need me to show it, I got em right here.

Depends on how many submit claims. I would think if you have the box to the game, they can trace the sale of it with the barcode? Either way, I don't think you need a receipt to get your refund.

I feel since most sold the game back then the odds of us getting a solid amount are fairly good. I hope I can get 40 or so and use that to buy Alien: Isolation.

Vers

Vers

Yeah, I just went on a shredding rampage two weeks ago, guess what was included. I hope the box is enough.

Infestation was good.

They couldn't even get the character bios for Hicks right lol.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Vers on Aug 21, 2014, 09:40:49 PM
Yeah, I just went on a shredding rampage two weeks ago, guess what was included. I hope the box is enough.

Infestation was good.

They couldn't even get the character bios for Hicks right lol.

I can't imagine that you need a receipt. Who would keep one for that long? There has to be another way.

WinterActual

locusta

locusta

Shut the F*** UP Pitchford  >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed