Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Oct 06, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

Author
Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much? (Read 44,269 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 10, 2019, 03:54:20 AM
It improved my viewing experience too, but not to the degree I would ever say;

"No lightning issues at all."
"Clear as daylight."
"Visibility was no longer an issue."

Making me think that there's a new release with the colour timing fixed that's been snuck under the radar, then posting screenshots identical to my Blu-ray causes frustration. Jus' hyperbolic statements because visibility is still an issue, the film is lit shamefully, a film student wouldn't get a C for lighting their film like Requiem.

Requiem's kind of amazing because I can't think of one basic filmmaking level it doesn't fail on, despite a good Predator design and the whip, the film has absolutely nothing going for it. It's the benchmark of bad for the A\/P Franchise

Who's making comments like "Clear as daylight"? Now you're creating a strawman argument.

Many if us are just saying scenes are much more visible now, hence the increased enjoyment. No one would be compelled to say that, without originally recognizing the film's inherent problems with lighting. And no one's calling AVPR now the "Citizen Cane" of cinematography, regardless if Total Film, Entertainment Weekly and IGN all gave it a favorable review. So we have increased enjoyment now with the increased visibility. Just deal with it.

The Old One

The Old One

Citizen Kane.

Quote from: MaineXeno on Feb 09, 2019, 02:14:12 PM
Scenes that I remember watching that were so dark I couldn't tell what was happening I now could see clear as daylight.

Deal with it? Deal with the negativity. @Thread Title, after all.

Huggs

Let's not get negative with each other guys, because nobody is likely to change their minds on this movie.

For my part, those screenshots still look a bit darker than my bluray. No, my copy doesn't look like Avatar. It's a dark movie, there's no disputing that. We've all seen the dvd, and know how bad it was. The bluray I have enables me to see all the details I couldn't on the dvd. Honestly, I can see just about everything. It's not what I'd call super bright, but I can now actually watch the movie, and that's good enough for me.

The Old One

The Old One

I need pics!!! And the Region coding of your Blu-ray, this may be a case of "Here spikey." again, but I won't hold my breath.

SM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 10, 2019, 03:20:52 AM
Quote from: MaineXeno on Feb 10, 2019, 12:36:03 AM
I took some screenshots of scenes i remember not seeing well.

Nice screenshots! I'm glad you had a much better experience. Some see these small computer screenshots of dark, moody scenes not appearing like bright rays of sunshine some sort of validation of disdain, regardless of how encouraged you are with your new experience. I for one am glad with the new enjoyment you found with the improved visibility, nor will be pretentious to accuse the clarity you've experienced as fictitious. Cheers!

What an remarkably idiotic comment.

Voodoo Magic

I know brother. There's people saying we can see AVPR better and it's increased our enjoyment, including us, and we're literally having others here saying essentially "no you can't".

Say you don't see a difference, fine. It might be device driven. Fine. But don't tell us we're wrong/crazy.

Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2019, 04:43:28 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 10, 2019, 03:20:52 AM
Quote from: MaineXeno on Feb 10, 2019, 12:36:03 AM
I took some screenshots of scenes i remember not seeing well.

Nice screenshots! I'm glad you had a much better experience. Some see these small computer screenshots of dark, moody scenes not appearing like bright rays of sunshine some sort of validation of disdain, regardless of how encouraged you are with your new experience. I for one am glad with the new enjoyment you found with the improved visibility, nor will be pretentious to accuse the clarity you've experienced as fictitious. Cheers!

What an remarkably idiotic comment.

Reported

SM

QuoteI know brother. There's people saying we can see AVPR better and it's increased our enjoyment, including us, and we're literally having others here saying essentially "no you can't".

You just topped it.  Kudos.

Voodoo Magic

SM

Where is anyone saying "no you can't see it better"?

Those of us who can't see shit on our blu-rays and are saying "we can't see shit on our blu-rays".  No one is asking for "bright rays of sunshine".  I said a few pages back 'the whip is a cool weapon - can't see it'.

The caps MaineXeno posted are extraordinarily dark and don't help his argument.

Voodoo Magic

You already downplayed yourself with insulting me. You're out of my realm now brother.

SM

How convenient.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2019, 04:55:00 AM
Don't expect idiotic post to be taken seriously then I guess.

Caught before you edited it. Not stooping to your level.

The Old One

The Old One

So Voodoo Magic gets a little overpassionate, overzealous- yes indeed SM's correct in;

Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2019, 04:51:16 AM
Where is anyone saying "no you can't see it better"?

Those of us who can't see shit on our blu-rays and are saying "we can't see shit on our blu-rays".  No one is asking for "bright rays of sunshine".  I said a few pages back 'the whip is a cool weapon - can't see it'.

The caps MaineXeno posted are extraordinarily dark and don't help his argument.

This.

But that's no reason to insult VM three times in a row.

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 10, 2019, 04:57:26 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2019, 04:55:00 AM
Don't expect idiotic post to be taken seriously then I guess.

Caught before you edited it. Not stooping to your level.

Reported before it was edited. Everybody needs to just chill. Folks are getting huffy over the brightness levels of a 12 year old film. It ain't worth it anymore.

The Old One

The Old One

Hey man, I'm just surprised this is the straw that broke the camel's back, when Canon "arguments" OnePersonInDenial have gone on for DAYS at a time. I guess AVPR really is the worst.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed