AvP Behind-The-Scenes Book

Started by Darkness, Jul 27, 2004, 12:04:30 AM

Author
AvP Behind-The-Scenes Book (Read 16,324 times)

MechanizuM

MechanizuM

The Predators mouth seems a way lot bigger than it origionally is.

ElTiburon

ElTiburon

Yeah, that's exactly what i thought bout the helmets..but remember in pred 1 he had his mask off for a while and seemed to be fine...maybe the pred2 had asthma or LA had too much smog for him to breathe?!? Either way, the elder's mask IS OUT IN THE STREET CUZ IT'S OFF THE CHAIN!! Lol, for those not in the US that means it's cool

ArhnoldGovernor

ArhnoldGovernor

The links to a bigger version of those photos aren't working. I click on those photos but I get a "page not found" message.

Z

Z

Concerning the Elder's mask: Well, the Predators do breathe through their mask, but they can also breathe our air... and that's a fact. The Leader Predator in PREDATOR 2 had no mask, sure he was in his ship, but there was still our air ( Earth's air ) entering in the ship. Plus, some other Predators also didn't have a mask. As for the Predator in PREDATOR 1, he could also easily breathe our air. Of course, you all saw that in PREDATOR 2, the Predator could breathe our air, but after he had got shot about 6 times, he needed a small jaw mask to breathe, because he was so wounded... not 'cuz he couldn't breathe the air, and that was stated in a Fangoria magazine.  Also, Predators do have nostrals: If you remember when Harrigan takes the Predator's mask off, you can clearly see the Predator's breathing through his nostrals.  Concernig the Comic: Yeah, I looked through my comic and they don't mention what year it is, but I will give you some other info I have in my comic:  --------------------  The planet Ryushi, at the edge of the Chigusa Corporation's holdings in the Beta Cygni system only human outpost: 'Prosperity Wells.' population 115, primarily freelance ranchers and their families' plus a token staff of corporate overseers.  --------------------  So, I hope it will help lol.  Concerning Cookie: Lol what are you trying to prove here? That you're a bigger fan than I am? Lmao   :D   Well, just for the fun of it... I'll tell you what I have gathered from the past years.  Every Predator comics; Every AVP comics; Also, DarkHorse Classic AVP, wich is a reprint; A couple of Aliens comics; 2 Predator books; 3 Aliens book; Every Aliens vs.Predator universe cards; Some cards from the AVP card game; The 2 Predator movies; 3 Aliens movie ( 1,2,3 ); Aliens vs.Predator 1 for PC; Aliens vs.Predator 2 for PC; Aliens vs.Predator Primal Hunt for PC; Predator the Hunter from McFarlane toys, still in his original package; Predator 2 from McFarlane toys, still in his original package; Predator special edition ( with blooded spine ), from McFarlane toys, still in original package; Every Predator from Keener(sp?) toys, still in their original package; Also every Batman vs. Predator; Every Tarzan vs. Predator; Every Judge Dredd vs. Predator; Every Superman vs. Predator;  So, I think that sums it all up, but there's really no point in all that... while it was fun for me to write all that, I don't think that you're more of a fan just 'cuz you've got more stuff.  Like I said earlier, I have never seen some one as far as an Alien or Predator fan as you. No fan would pointlessly bitch that much about something they are 'supposed' to like. But seriously, I'm done with you... I won't waste any more of my time on a mindless ( or just really simple minded ) kid   8)  

G-Dog

G-Dog

MechanizuM exactly!! I was thinking the same thing. In Pred 1, his mandibles (?) didn't open up that wide, nor were they ever straightly alligned once opened up. In Pred 1, his mandibles were facing inward (the bottom ones). In this picture, the pred has his mandiles streched out all the freaking way. I got to say, that part doesn't look right. Everything else is sick!!! (cool!)

Darkness

Darkness

Update The original poster on Gamegossip has been ordered to remove them from his host and the person who originally scanned them in has took them down too. I don\'t have the enlarged versions either.

J

J

MECHANIZUM! LONG TIME NO HEAR BRO   ;D     I'll be on the forum soon bro!

J

J

The mouths most probably wide just so that they ( creators) can give more articulation and expression on their faces. They mention that they were changing the look of the preds just to give them a ' now ' feeling as oppose to a ' same ' looking one.  possibly.   :)  

Los Angeles Artist

Los Angeles Artist

Hey Everyone,  The book is entitled AVP: Creature Effects of ADI and is published by DESIGN STUDIO PRESS. website of the same name. Apparently there were only 250 copies at the ComiCon but I was told more are on the way. You should be able to purchase from their site soon.

Los Angeles Artist

Los Angeles Artist

Hey Again,  AVP: The Creature Effects of ADI ISBN: 0-9726676-6-0 Hard Cover ISBN: 0-9726676-5-2 Soft Cover   Both 127 pages  designstudiopress.com  All full color photos from the shop and set. Profiles on many of the artists, including myself, images of the designs, model making, sculpting, painting, seaming, fabrication, foam, molds etc.  Every Alien and Predator fans dream in a book exclusively about the Aliens and Predators.  Later

Darth Gardua

Darth Gardua

PG-13 means no blood except green blood.  PG-13 means shit kids movie.

HellAlien

HellAlien

Well these r cool pics.   The queen seemed to had a hell of a fight with the preds, she looks so cool. I love my queen. eheheh  And yes the mouths of the preds seem bigger than the original, the lower jaw is. They look so cool .  They did a good job on those. The aliens r bit deceiving cuz of the Ar design but they still r the famous aliens. They will look great in dark places and crawling on the walls. BadAss creatures !!  Im happy to see more positives comments here now. Exep some of ya, everyone seem to gain bit of confidence in avp. Look like fans needed this after the rating scandal .   It will be one of the best seller of this year. Hey !!  does anyone knows how many copies of the novel were sold ??

J

J

To see the the Alien queen move articulately will be amazing.   ( the movements of the queen in Aliens was brilliant but when she was striding it didn't come across to convincing)

true AvP fan

true AvP fan

is there just one actual fan of these characters that wanted to see a pg-13 movie, i haven't heard of one, so what exactly was fox thinking was going to happen when they made this movie, i mean if no one wanted it to be pg-13, then why is it pg-13.  It's just mind-boggling.  This site would be nothing but happy, happy people if this had an R rating, and had that rating for a good reason.  I mean who would come on here and complain that it had an R rating, and say they would rather a pg-13 rating, no one.  And by the way, the predator in those pics doesn't look that bad, he actually looks pretty tight, along with the weapons up grades.  If only he were using those weapons to do what we all want, cut aliens, and people into bloody stumps, damn the predator movies were tight, i still think it's cool what he did to Peter Keys in the slaughter house.

The Reverend

The Reverend

LOL Het AdamJZ I do have a AVP shrine    :D  . But for the Predator I think the dreds are pointed out a bit much, no?. but in the picture were the pred has his mouth closed are the bottom mandables usually on top, insted of the top ones on the top??

I also think that the dreds sould be behind the predators shoulders. but thats just me, i would rather be an alien ALL THE WAY BABY BOOYA

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed