Aliens: The Set Photography

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 17, 2015, 04:08:17 PM

Author
Aliens: The Set Photography (Read 9,761 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aliens-Set-Photography-Titan-Books/dp/1785651498/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447776471&sr=8-1&keywords=Aliens-Set-Photography

Product Details
Hardcover: 144 pages
Publisher: Titan Books (July 12 2016)
Shipping Weight: 567 g
£27

No further details.

Just an FYI but I asked Titan about this. No more information is available.

Perfect-Organism

I'm really excited about what will be happening to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Aliens.  All this portends something good.

RidgeTop

Corporal Hicks

Merged with existing thread.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

So... what, a book talking about the camera angles they used?

Would a detailed book about the making-of in general not be more, you know... interesting to people who aren't cameramen?

Corporal Hicks

QuoteTo celebrate the 30th anniversary of James Cameron's groundbreaking science fiction classic comes the first, official record of the shoot. Through candid, high-quality stills we see the cast and crew at work, in costume, rehearsing, in make-up, and during filming. Some choice pieces of original concept art add greater context to the shoot and showcase the remarkable level of design. Also features insightful quotes from original interviews.

Doesn't sound like it to me. Sounds like a book with lots of set photographs and some interviews.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That makes slightly more sense.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Now i'm looking forward to this. Cant wait to see pics of the Marines behind the scenes and Pics of Hadley's Hope

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Wonder if this was what Henn had been talking about. If so, one of my predictions were half-correct!

Mike’s Monsters

Now this is right up my alley. Can't wait for this.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 02, 2015, 02:44:53 PM
Wonder if this was what Henn had been talking about. If so, one of my predictions were half-correct!

I'm not so sure. Whilst I love this - I still think/hope Henn was talking about something more impressive.

felix

felix

Anyone planning to get this?
http://titanbooks.com/aliens-the-set-photography-8739/

QuoteA new hardback photography book documenting the making of Aliens, the 1986 smash hit movie directed by James Cameron. Aliens: The Set Photography reveals a unique new perspective on the making of James Cameron's film as the focus shifts behind the cameras to capture the director, cast and crew as they bring the second action-packed installment of the Alien saga to the big screen. Released to coincide with the thirtieth anniversary of the movie, Aliens: The Set Photography features brand-new insights and memories from Carrie Henn (Newt) and Jenette Goldstein (Private Vasquez). With a wealth of never-before-seen pictures including casting publicity shots, behind-the-scenes 'between-take' breaks, weapons, vehicles and much more, Aliens: The Set Photography acts as a sumptuous visual celebration of this sci-fi classic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Pretty sure I already have this pre-ordered. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's in there! I just wish books like this would come with some digital counterpart where we have access to the pictures on the PC.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Im VERY looking forward to this and the curiosity of whats inside is killing me. I really wish it would be released sooner than the end of july  >:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping we'll see plenty of new photos in this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed