Hiya Toys

Started by Skulexander, Apr 08, 2014, 02:23:52 AM

Author
Hiya Toys (Read 63,415 times)

Skulexander

Skulexander

A company called Hiya Toys is making action figures of the aliens from A:CM.

Skulexander

Skulexander

They've been available for preorder on BBTS for those that care: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=180&company=1349

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Actually looking forward to these! Yet again, the figures and other merch end up being the cooler than the game!

Skulexander

Skulexander

How very true. I mean, if nothing else, at least we got some cool figures out of that terrible game.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Awesome! you know, say what you will about the game, but the alien designs in it are Awesome! I love that they are getting turned into action figures. how about the Crusher! or Raven?

Skulexander

Skulexander

I actually suggested they make a deluxe crusher figure or the like, and also more alien figures but with the different heads you can get in the game. They say they "may consider it," which is better chances than I could have hoped for. I also just now suggested the Raven as per your suggestion.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I've got all 4 of these little guys on pre-order from BBTS, apparently the Soldier and Lurker are ready to ship so I might tell them to ship my "pile of loot" now, haha.

I also just grabbed the two Play Arts Kai larger-scale Lurker and Spitter figures off ebay for a pretty good deal.

I'm pretty surprised that we're getting such cool merchandise for the game so long after the game actually came out, but I'm really not complaining, haha.

Skulexander

Skulexander

Indeed. It's good to be an action figure collector for the AVP franchise.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I asked on their Facebook page if they had plans for more Colonial Marines figures, and they confirmed that they do. :)

Skulexander

Skulexander

Excellent!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I got the Soldier and Lurker in the mail yesterday, the Soldier is really cool! The detail is good for the size scale, the paint looks good, there's some minor plastic "flash" I could trim off with some model kit tools and the joints are a little bit on the loose side (and it really can't stand up without the base, but I'm okay with that), on the whole I really like it!
At $20+ a pop I'd find it hard to justify "army building" with them in order to have them fight Star Wars or GI Joe guys or something, but I'm glad I dropped the coin to get one of them.

The Lurker is identical to the Soldier, but has a different head and a slightly different paint job. The Soldier has some brown drybrushing on it, and the Lurker is all glossy black. Unfortunately my Lurker was defective - it was totally missing the translucent dome over the top of the head. I'll be mailing it back to BBTS and getting a replacement.

Both figures come with a ton of alternate hands, but they're all so similar to each other that I don't really see the point. They also both come with a to-scale facehugger which is pretty cool, and the Lurker has a closed egg accessory and the Soldier has an open egg accessory.

I'm looking forward to the Spitter and Boiler, especially the Boiler. Based on the production photos it's not a straight "repaint with a new head" like the Lurker/Soldier are, it's actually got different limbs and stuff with the weird boils and growths and whatnot.

Skulexander

Skulexander

Defects are always a pain. It seems more than one company does the straight up repaint with few differences. NECA does that too. Personally, I don't mind, so long as the figures are cool. I preordered the spitter. If I had the money, I woulda ordered them all. Alas, I do not. Let me know how the boiler turns out. I think the spitter and boiler are gonna be the coolest ones.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I got in the Spitter and Boiler in the mail today, they're pretty cool!

The Spitter reuses a few parts from the Lurker/Soldier, specifically the upper arms (shoulder to elbow), lower legs (feet to first joint), and the abdomen. Everything else is all new, and it stands a bit taller than the Soldier or Lurker as a result. It's a bit top-heavy because of the head, but it's still super-cool.

The Boiler also reuses a few parts - the abdomen, the left leg from the knee down, the right leg from the ankle down, and the right forearm. Other than that, everything else is all new.

The Soldier is still my favorite out of the four, but all four are worth grabbing. I wish the price was a bit lower so it'd be easier for people to "army build" them, but I understand why they cost what they do.

Milan

Milan

If possible, can any of you who have the figures put some pictures on them with other 3 3/4 or 4 inch figures :-)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hiya Toys announced on Facebook today that they're making a Powerloader in-scale with their Aliens figures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed