A:CM at NY Comic-Con - New Screenshots + Panel Inside

Started by ikarop, Oct 12, 2012, 11:32:28 PM

Author
A:CM at NY Comic-Con - New Screenshots + Panel Inside (Read 55,499 times)

WinterActual

The two screenshots in the first post are ALL recently released screenshots right?

ikarop

Yes, two official screenshots were released during NYCC.

WinterActual

ikarop

Ash 937

@ 1:03

I agree that Aliens provides the perfect platform for a fps experience but I think its pretty lame that GBX keeps trying to justify their game and its "canonical" status by accusing Alien3 of being a "divergence" that was not a "continuation of that story that was set up in Aliens."  One of the staples of the entire Alien saga is the theme that things never go as planned and Alien3 is also an extension of that idea.  GBX is obviously trying to replicate the experience in Aliens only and thats not a bad idea, I just wish they were secure enough with their product to not have to continually undervalue that films that they don't agree with in the series.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

So far they have been rehashing the same information most people could probably have found out anyway.

1. Its canonical and happens  after Alien3 and before A:R
2. A February Release.
3. its got multiplayer as well as single player drop in drop out.
4. Customizable weapons (what game isn't?)

I'm hoping for a more detailed description of alien behavior/AI and strategies fighting them in up coming articles or interviews.
Whether or not this behavior is scripted or an essential part of the gameplay,i'd still like to know.
They are stating that this game will take plenty of hours to finish maybe 20+ hours and that its heavily story based and scripted stuff.  Is it 20hours + of interactive sleuthing or gameplay and how balanced is this mechanic? I'm using Mass Effect 2 or 3 as reference here folks. Both have different balance amounts of interactivity vs combat gameplay.

I'd also like some in depth knowledge of the engine, and how well the art department has rendered the environments from outdoor weather, to indoor objects and reflective materials. What this red engine is and what it really does for realtime rendering and framerates. I'd like to see render passes, before and after shots.
I need to know hardware requirements. Do I need an upgrade?
This would make for an  awesome media frenzie and i'm hoping it to be revealed before December because thats christmas time and thats money spending time.

This shizzazle!!!!!!

WinterActual

Quote from: acrediblesource on Nov 01, 2012, 03:27:50 AM

4. Customizable weapons (what game isn't?)

Borderlands 2

RagingDragon

What has me the most worried is the lack of focus on the Aliens themselves and how you experience them in the game.

I can tell almost for certain that there's going to be tons of scripted crap, people getting pulled into vents where you can do nothing to save them because it's "scary," and Aliens coming from the same predictable locations until the 'last stand' areas, in which they'll spawn en masse and charge down one of many corridors.

I hope I'm wrong, because that's my biggest deal-breaker for the game. I can tolerate anything if the actual me ->shooting -> the alien is like the movie and immersive.

From everything they've said, it's like they care more about the lighting and their neat story and the fan service than they do about the actual aliens themselves. Those priorities are worrisome. They should be bending over backwards to make the gameplay as unique, realistic, and intense as possible, so that each Alien truly feels like an individual threat.

Those are the kinds of things I wish we'd been hearing from Pitchman the whole time, things about the Aliens themselves and how the combat is going to be dynamic and intelligent. Hell, the Aliens in AvP 2010 were good enough to make Survivor mode enjoyable even though the levels were closed-in and terribly small.

acrediblesource

Quote from: RagingDragon on Nov 01, 2012, 08:07:55 PM
What has me the most worried is the lack of focus on the Aliens themselves and how you experience them in the game.

I can tell almost for certain that there's going to be tons of scripted crap, people getting pulled into vents where you can do nothing to save them because it's "scary," and Aliens coming from the same predictable locations until the 'last stand' areas, in which they'll spawn en masse and charge down one of many corridors.

I hope I'm wrong, because that's my biggest deal-breaker for the game. I can tolerate anything if the actual me ->shooting -> the alien is like the movie and immersive.

From everything they've said, it's like they care more about the lighting and their neat story and the fan service than they do about the actual aliens themselves. Those priorities are worrisome. They should be bending over backwards to make the gameplay as unique, realistic, and intense as possible, so that each Alien truly feels like an individual threat.

Those are the kinds of things I wish we'd been hearing from Pitchman the whole time, things about the Aliens themselves and how the combat is going to be dynamic and intelligent. Hell, the Aliens in AvP 2010 were good enough to make Survivor mode enjoyable even though the levels were closed-in and terribly small.

That's probably what we all wanted to hear from them but, there are some major hurdles for wanting that kind of AI.

That kind of idea basically would be developed away from  multiplayer because the sort of behaviour doesn't translate well when the mechanics become controllable.

Thats why we've suffered through strange AI Alien  throughout it's franchise career.
Developing single player games with Aliens doesn't translate well to multiplayer where you get to play/control the alien anyway you want.  Unless all those movements were scripted and becomes part and parcel of it's controls. (this ultimately makes the game  unbalanced for the marine as he just fires weapons.) 

But heres hoping they do put them in, and everything is balanced (before the game comes out). But i'm not holding my breath.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed