Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In?

Started by Gazz, Oct 11, 2016, 11:50:09 PM

Author
Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In? (Read 36,378 times)

BishopShouldGo

Lol. Stop misinterpreting! I'm not saying an A-lister guarantees a quality movie. I'm just saying I want an A-lister, period. Because not since Arnie in the original have we had someone at the height of the career take part in this franchise. We've had known people take part when they were down for the count, if anything. Fishburne, Goggins and Grace all have had nice resurgences after Predators, for three examples. Taking part in major motion pictures. Man of Steel, Contagion, Interstellar, Hateful Eight, etc. Before that they had some momentum loss, or weren't known too well(Goggins).

Shane is so far the only person of quality who's entered the franchise at a career apex. He could've just gone straight to Doc Savage with The Rock instead of Predator 6.

lv_226

lv_226

#151
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 18, 2016, 09:51:56 PM
Lol. Stop misinterpreting! I'm not saying an A-lister guarantees a quality movie. I'm just saying I want an A-lister, period. Because not since Arnie in the original have we had someone at the height of the career take part in this franchise. We've had known people take part when they were down for the count, if anything. Fishburne, Goggins and Grace all have had nice resurgences after Predators, for three examples. Taking part in major motion pictures. Man of Steel, Contagion, Interstellar, Hateful Eight, etc. Before that they had some momentum loss, or weren't known too well(Goggins).

Shane is so far the only person of quality who's entered the franchise at a career apex. He could've just gone straight to Doc Savage with The Rock instead of Predator 6.

Good points. We should want quality from this film, not merely "just another Predator film". Settling gets us shit like the AVP films, and to a lesser extent, Predators.

BishopShouldGo

Bingo, bingo, bingo.

Predator_Spirit

It's a hell of a big event, big budget movie so far   :-\   Let's just hope that they will get the Predator right if it's not too much asking.



Kaltes

Kaltes

#154
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Oct 19, 2016, 05:02:34 PM
It's a hell of a big event, big budget movie so far   :-\   Let's just hope that they will get the Predator right if it's not too much asking.

So long as the Predator isn't Ben Kingsley in disguise I'll be fine.

Thomas H.

And again with the asuming that the bigger names will bring quality. Plenty of big names (actors, directors, producers) have made shit films. Asuming this will be good simply because of big names is just that; and asumption.

Imma wait and see when the credits role to see if the movie was good, no matter who was in it.

BishopShouldGo

"Lol. Stop misinterpreting! I'm not saying an A-lister guarantees a quality movie."

goose_3387

The need for an A-lister was because the movie was announced as an event movie. It could possibly be a better movie with lesser actors excelling in their roles but there's no way it will be an event movie without one or two A-listers. It wouldn't surprise me to see Fox react by missing out on their top actors targets by downgrading the whole production and cutting the budget.

BishopShouldGo

Poor Predator. At least Alien is getting treated well. At least Alien has a director attached who's at the top of his game, riding high off THE MARTIAN. The cast could be better but, I don't doubt he got exactly what he wanted and could've gotten anybody he wanted; while I do love talking about Shane Black and how far removed in quality he is from the likes of Anderson and Antal, Ridley Scott in the same way is lightyears away from Shane Black.

Alien: Covenant. From the director of Alien and The Martian. Box-office gold.

Thomas H.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 19, 2016, 07:18:01 PM
"Lol. Stop misinterpreting! I'm not saying an A-lister guarantees a quality movie."

Then explain. Because the way you post, it comes across a lot as you saying A-listers would benefit this movie.

BishopShouldGo

already explained

Stealth_Hunter

A stupid, overly hopeful part of me is still expecting Shane to make a major ensemble cast announcement out of nowhere just to blow everyone's mind with the well kept secret.

However, that's an extremely optimistic longshot. They HAVE to get some people in this movie though, right?? So who is going to be in it?? Is there a chance that Shane has made next to zero progress on the cast?

In a world where Idris Elba makes movies like Ghost Rider 2, The Gunman, No Good Deed, The Losers, and Takers at the height of his career, I refuse to believe it's difficult to get some quality big names attached to this.

Granted, I'd rather see a good movie full of lesser-known talent than a bad movie full of A-listers, but it'd be nice to get excited about the cast right about now since they should be shooting already.

BishopShouldGo

I'm 100% confident Shane can get at least a couple of amazing players.

If Predators can get Brody, Fishburne and Grace...

(Keep this in mind too: BRADLEY COOPER JUST STARRED IN WAR DOGS. LOL WHAT?)

Kaltes

Kaltes

#163
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 19, 2016, 10:11:30 PM
I'm 100% confident Shane can get at least a couple of amazing players.

I hope so...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Oct 19, 2016, 09:56:57 PMIn a world where Idris Elba makes movies like Ghost Rider 2, The Gunman, No Good Deed, The Losers, and Takers at the height of his career, I refuse to believe it's difficult to get some quality big names attached to this.

Not sure anyone's mentioned Elba yet, but now that you have, I'd love to see him in this.

He's such a good actor, it winds me right up that he mostly seems to appear in bit-parts in mediocre films (Prometheus included, can't believe Scott cut his single best scene).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News