Animal Spawned Xenomorphs

Started by Number13, Apr 27, 2019, 04:05:41 AM

Author
Animal Spawned Xenomorphs (Read 13,191 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Naginata is top tier again.

Naginata

Naginata

Dawwww, shucks...  ;D

Monster Man

Monster Man

Quote from: Naginata on Jun 23, 2019, 03:27:52 PM
I'd tend to echo that sentiment.

... Baboon xeno would be dope, though.

As we all know, apes can be pretty goddamn scary when they wanna be, if you consider getting your face torn off casually by one scary.

Baboons by themselves elevate this tenfold. They are vicious hombres.

Just imagine an alien bred from that.

Naginata

Naginata

Oh, I was only half-kidding when I said that; baboons are nuts, and their skeletons are scary as hell while - crucially - being close enough to a hominid that it doesn't get silly.

Kailem

Kailem

I'm all in favour of different-looking xenos spawned from non-human hosts. Honestly I feel like it's one of the most unique yet underutilised features of theirs in terms of the movies. There's so much cool stuff that could be done, and has been done in the various facets of the EU, but it's largely been ignored in the films since Alien 3 introduced the concept. Literally the only thing since then has been the Predalien, which was cool to see on the big screen after so many game/comic etc. appearances beforehand (even if certain aspects of its design were controversial).

And while part of me agrees that if another movie was to play with the concept that it should be done reservedly, like the Dog Alien was, part of me frankly just wants to just say "**** it" and see them go full Kenner. Snake Aliens, Bull Aliens, Mantis Aliens. Giant Flying Queens. Go nuts!

The Old One

The Old One

I don't, abandon the Kenner style interpretation of the Alien DNA reflex and perhaps then a design echoing H.R Giger's work is achieved again.
Spoiler
And the Requiem PredAlien, as the Requiem Alien design is controversial because it's garbage.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed