Just finished isolation

Started by Murfy426, Jul 10, 2015, 11:58:52 PM

Author
Just finished isolation (Read 3,585 times)

Murfy426

Murfy426

I just completed the game a few days ago, my lateness was due to just being a pussy 2bh as I got to the hive area a few months ago and thought "screw this, its terrifying" but after some badgering from the wife I pushed on and finished it. I have to say in my opinion the game is a masterpiece, it captures atmosphere like nothing I have seen before and has a lengthy enough campaign to warrant purchase and praise. The last few missions were tense enough that I award this game in my mind as being one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life and i direly hope creative assembly make a sequel. I urge anyone who has not finished it to push through it like I did and hopefully be rewarded in kind like I did.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Overall rating?

Murfy426

Murfy426

Gotta be 9.5 outta 10

Engineer

Engineer

I haven't finished it yet for pretty much the same reason... Except I'm at the part immediately after Ricardo.... Ya know... (Avoiding spoilers, lol). So far I'd agree with the 9.5 out of 10 rating!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Absolutely fantastic experience! I'm glad you enjoyed it and that the Hive effected you like that. It made me shit bricks. lol

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 13, 2015, 09:37:43 AM
Absolutely fantastic experience! I'm glad you enjoyed it and that the Hive effected you like that. It made me shit bricks. lol
By then in my opinion i was frustrated and wanted to finish the level the first half was great

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hell no - the game embodied all my views of the Alien and the franchise and the experience I always look for in an Alien game. If it doesn't scare me than I'll be disappointed. The experience was just amazing and I really didn't want it to end.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Alien Isolation is an amazing game and I loved playing it.  During the moments I had to stop playing I struggled to put the joy pad down and was often up till all hours of the morning playing.  My only gripes about the game is the annoying backtracking in the second half and how short some of the DLC is.  I haven't played it to death as I would like to mainly because I don't want to over play it and then get bored of it if you know what I mean.  I feel a nightmare mode challenge coming on.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2015, 09:36:47 AM
Hell no - the game embodied all my views of the Alien and the franchise and the experience I always look for in an Alien game. If it doesn't scare me than I'll be disappointed. The experience was just amazing and I really didn't want it to end.
I do agree with you it did brought up the alien feel but the difference is that this is a video games while the aliens franchise are films it has some differences game play wise it git boring but if i was watching an alien isolation movie then i would never get bored (a good one! not AR )

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To each their own - I wasn't bored in the slightest. I was engrossed.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Murfy426 on Jul 10, 2015, 11:58:52 PMI got to the hive area a few months ago and thought "screw this, its terrifying"

:laugh: Same happened to me, I saw the Hive and just thought, "Nope." Sadly though I was enjoying the game too much to leave it alone and I went right back to it the following night.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

The guy in this video sounds just like I did while playing the Hive level  :D Loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA8_E-ZJDhY

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was actually really excited when it looked like it was leading up to a Hive because I knew just how horrifying that experience was going to be. Easily one of the best Alien gaming experiences I've ever had.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 16, 2015, 12:45:32 PM
I was actually really excited when it looked like it was leading up to a Hive because I knew just how horrifying that experience was going to be. Easily one of the best Alien gaming experiences I've ever had.
But where is the queen?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Off-screen. Ultimately, it doesn't matter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed