Too easy?

Started by NickisSmart, Oct 12, 2014, 10:01:19 AM

Author
Too easy? (Read 2,865 times)

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Anyone else think the game is too easy? Even on hard, it just doesn't feel too tricky.

Some ideas for improvement:

Love the game, but believe it or not, it feels too easy for me. I have a couple of ideas to make it harder that should be fairly simple to implement:

1. An option to disable item glow.
- Would require plays to use flashlights and flares more often.

2. Disable compass
- Would require players to rely on their surrounds more often.

3. Option or difficulty mode where Alien is constantly hunting you actively.
- There are portions of the game where the creature is obviously not hunting you actively. This kills the tension for me. He only shows up in climatic moments half the time. I want to be dealing with him 24/7 (I know, I'm weird).

4. One-life mode
- One life's all you get. Come on. Admit it. This would make people shit themselves.

5. More difficulty tiers
- Think 4 or 5 instead of 3.

These 5 options alone would help a lot, I think. Just a thought. But at the moment, the game feels a tad easy. I want a challenge (during campaign). Constant danger! Instant death!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: NickisSmart on Oct 12, 2014, 10:01:19 AM
Anyone else think the game is too easy? Even on hard, it just doesn't feel too tricky.

Not everyone is as smart as you Nick.

ikarop

ikarop

There should have been non-scripted false beeps from doors and moving objects. That would have been perfect for an extra hard mode so you didn't know what beep was the alien throughout the entire the game. There's even bouncing decorations and fans moving in many rooms.

Predatorium

Predatorium

I'm glad I played it on hard and didn't listen to all the criticism, I agree that it's not that hard really, but I wouldn't go as far to say it's easy. The alien is the easiest foe to avoid. The androids and humans were more frustrating. But a nightmare mode would be cool I guess.

swarm87

swarm87

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 12, 2014, 11:35:34 AM
There should have been non-scripted false beeps from doors and moving objects. That would have been perfect for an extra hard mode so you didn't know what beep was the alien throughout the entire the game. There's even bouncing decorations and fans moving in many rooms.

like the hamsters in aliens?

4. One-life mode
- One life's all you get. Come on. Admit it. This would make people shit themselves.

Are you kidding? The game is way too long for a one life mode, Dead Space 2 had a mode where you could save once, and that was not as long as A:I, it also didn't have any insta-kill enemies as far as I'm aware.

a better option would be to only be able to use every save point once only, or perhaps have it so you have to find "cards" as a resource which you use up to save the game at save points. or perhaps make it so you can only load each save once, so if you die or quit you go back to your last save, but die again and you go back to the save before that, etc.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: swarm87 on Oct 12, 2014, 01:41:37 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Oct 12, 2014, 11:35:34 AM

like the hamsters in aliens?
Or Jonesy in Alien. The MT doesn't seem to account for a lot of stuff in this game except in some scripted cases.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I wouldn't say it is too easy, just that the difficulty was way over hyped. As long as you save every time you come across a save station you should have no problems. I didn't. I did die a lot, but I always got through an area eventually.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I died at least 100 times. Sometimes, that was because I was throwing caution into the wind, but it is NOT too easy.

szkoki

szkoki

just play it without the tracker

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I saved WHENEVER I made any progress. It helped A LOT to do that.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 12, 2014, 11:34:04 AM

Well, yeah.  :D

As far as playing it without the tracker, I almost never use the tracker. There's no need, and the reviewer for IGN is a total dunce because he relied so much on lockers. Only once have I hid in a locker. Total deathtraps.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: NickisSmart on Oct 12, 2014, 09:49:59 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 12, 2014, 11:34:04 AM

Well, yeah.  :D

As far as playing it without the tracker, I almost never use the tracker. There's no need, and the reviewer for IGN is a total dunce because he relied so much on lockers. Only once have I hid in a locker. Total deathtraps.

You're so 1337.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Only if the game's actually hard. If it isn't, I'm just ordinary and most people suck. : P

Vrastal

Vrastal

Look at this guy and his big..epeen

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed