AvP Reviews Roundup (Bad)

Started by Darkness, Aug 13, 2004, 11:38:46 PM

Author
AvP Reviews Roundup (Bad) (Read 21,451 times)

J

J

.......................   ???    am not going to say a word ...........  .... actually I will.  
QuoteThe aliens don't even show up until an hour into the movie ...
Quote... it takes 30 minutes before anyone dies
Quote... and kills off two of the three Predators within minutes of each othe,r
1. WHATS THE POINT IN BRINGING THE ALIENS ANY EARLY ON? the all point is about timing, as Ridley Scott said about Alien ' a cadance ', meaning gradually let the moment unfold because the srrprise will be there to get you.  2. STORY. IT WAS NEVER MENT TO BE A BLOODFEST FROM START TO FINISH but its all about understanding the story first. Introducing the charaters so that you get to know them FIRST otherwise you won't care. Yes it is about Aliens and Predator but the human relation ships is what helps give it an identity.  3. These Predators are novices, their young and still learning about the hunt ( I assume) Their inexperience shows here obivousily, THEY ARE NOT EXPERENCE HUNTERS HENCE THE WHOLE POINT TO THEM GOING TO THE PYRAMID TO BECOME TRUE WARRIORS.  The reviewers simply don't understand the A/P world. I haven't seen it but   I WILL LOVE IT To many went in thinking ' Paul Anderson ' movie, THIS IS A NEW FRANCHISE, COMBINING THE TWO, its going to be different in ALL ways, I am totally biased as far as this movie goes.  I am looking forward to this, BRING IT ON I SAY.   ;D    P.S. Darkness, what did you think of the film, surely your not like the rest.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

Planet AVP gave it a good review

Oh

Oh

I think he's UK based so Im guessing he would have to wait 2 months too. Just a guess from the email address , .co.uk afterall.

Predator Wave

Predator Wave

I really wasn't disappointed at all. I thought it was a good fun popcorn movie. It had good action, but it was too much around the humans. And I liked the teamup with Alexa and Scar Predator.

Arabian Night

Arabian Night

"built out of pure greed and a reckless disregard for what the fans see these kinds of movies for in the first place"  I agree Fox really sold us out when they gave it a PG 13 rating

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Well i just got back from the theater and saw avp,    
Spoiler
well i wasnt to impressed but it was cool none the less.But some things in there were realy weak like the preds faces, man those looked horrible way to rubbery and fake looking.They looked nothing like i thought they would have, well i guess thats what happens when you dont get Stan Winston himself involed and get the students to do a teachers job.The fight scenes were so scetchy and jumbled around you could hardly tell what the hell you were looking at.And when the people that said the parts with lex and scar were cheesy and looked as if they were in love, well they had a point the movie could have done without the sentimental relationship between the two thats for sure.I just cant understand how you could feel compassion for a monster that has just violently murdered you entire group?Now the movie itself was pretty darn cool i have to say and there was allot of cool scenes in it but i liked reading the novel way more due to the fact of all the stuff that wasnt in the movie like the whole begining with the tribes people and the 1904 whaling station part were they find a predator capsle in the ice bring it back to the station and the pred gets out and sturs up madness, The part in the book were the preds come out of the cryo sleep and do there thing looking at the 3D hologram of the pyramid, instead we got pred masks looking and these holographic images and a breif shot of preds arms gearing up there blades.This was all absent from the movie.Also the movie was way to short and everything seemed to happen way to fast once it got going around the 35 minute mark, it seemed like the aliens grew full grown in like 15 minutes or less.This movie was fun to watch but realy sufered from the pg rating, yes PG it wasnt even PG13 at my theater here in Ontario Canada.I'll give this movie a 7 out of 10 but it could have got a higher rate for sure if there were better and more graphic looking death scenes and more of the important parts missing from the novel.So the only things wrong with the movie were the terrible looking pred faces way to fake looking , the comedic and somewhat imbarasing moments between lex and scar and the fact that the fight scenes were shot way to close and you could barly understand what your looking at.But the rest of the movie was pretty cool, could have been way better but still cool to watch.I just couldnt believe that all of the great parts i likes from the novel were non existing in this movie.So in the end I warn the people who havnt seen this yet, DONT get your hopes and expectations up to high because if you do your going to regret it.After watching the FOX special last night i was realy antisapating this flick a lot and was expecting something great but instead got something else.Enter Text
[close]
Now im not saying I hated this movie, far from it but allot of stuuf that wasnt in it would have made it great.So im not incuraging anyone to not go see this but rather not to expect greatness or a sci fi classic.  So lets just pray that when this comes out in a few months on DVD they'll have allot of unseen fotage in it.I hope anyway.  7 out of 10

thinkugotachance

thinkugotachance

yeah im still hoping for the directors cut dvd, but still i wouldnt mind seeing a sequel. i liked most of the effects and id love to see what they could do with the pred-alien

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

A LOT , of scenes were missing, In the trailer you see a pred on the ground surrounded by aliens, also it did not have the 1904 scene, which I think will turn out to be the "hadleys hope" special edition scence for AVP.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

The queen looked realy good though as did the aliens i couldnt believe how much better the aliens looked and acted than the preds, well i guess thats what happens when you get a fuc$ing basketball player to player with no acting experience to play a major role as a pred,so dumb.   Sorry for all the bad points im making but they were so noticalbe a 4 year old would have the same opinion, infact i brought my 6 and 8 year old nephews and they made all the same arguments as i did.This movie is still fun to see but just didnt feel like an alien or predator movie.There was not one scene that was seemed scary or had any terror in it, but i will say that Sanaa portrayed the fear she felt exceptionaly well, to bad not many others did or could.  
Spoiler
I forgot to add the part about how quick celtic and gill pred get killed off in this , it was sad, i was pissed to see that they both get killed by the same alien.Now the part in the clip we saw the past few days of gill getting impaled by the alien and the clip of celtic fighting the alien, this happens right after the other but the thing that was noticably wrong was that after the alien whips gill of his tail and then leaps onto celtic, all the florecent glowing blood has ' magicaly and mysteriously ' dissapeared off its tail. Enter Text
[close]
whoops    ???    There were allot of new things we havnt seen before in a pred or alien movie though wich was nice to see.

J

J

Who would be in line up to do the sequel?

scarymoviechap

scarymoviechap

Obviously, from reading you guys

wolfboy

wolfboy

if you're a fan of alien or predator, you'll enjoy the movie.  you'll like at least some of it, that's for sure.  don't worry about the reviews.  this movie was made strictly for the fans, which is a good thing actually.

Nik

Nik

i rly dont like the idea of lex n scar teamin up

E-USO

E-USO

Saw the movie and i thought it was awesome!!  One thing to realize is that FOX cut out a lot of the movie.  Some stuff i saw in previews were not even in the movie, so there will be a director's cut.  If you hate the movie don't blame Paul Anderson blame FOX for cutting stuff out.  AVP WAS AWESOME!!!!

Nik

Nik

do u think the directors cut will come out on video the same time as the regular movie comes out?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed