Ahab Predator fan film

Started by AhabPredator, Jan 29, 2019, 05:05:04 PM

Would you support an Ahab Predator fan film?

I would give my support.
5 (100%)
I would not give my support.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author
Ahab Predator fan film (Read 3,077 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 30, 2019, 08:30:11 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 30, 2019, 05:02:27 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 30, 2019, 12:41:04 PM
I honestly don't understand the logic in that though, a fan film, no matter how good shouldn't affect the sales of an official product. I mean most audiences would still go to see an official movie in theatre or buy the bluray/book/comic/game. At least I would have thought so.

Maybe fanfilms... but fan games? Anyone remember that Aliens vs Marines mod for the AVP Classic? It looked insane, hell I can't find it on youtube anymore since Fox seems to have purged all traces of it but I remember thinking how the "official work" looked a shame next to it.

But back to fanfilms the fights on AVP Redemption were more creative/interesting than the ones on movies. Plus despite being CGI, the aliens were biomechanical which already makes them more pleasant for me to look at than the ADI ones.

Fanmade stuff can have a lot of potential.

Thank you for having an open mind. I can't tell you how many times I've had people say it's a stupid idea and that I (or other fans) could never write or produce anything of value.

There's a pretty big stereotype around fanfiction and the like. It's not exactly wrong, but it's also not cool to automatically assume that it's going to be bad without actually looking at it. I'm quite proud of the stuff I work on.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 30, 2019, 12:41:04 PM
I honestly don't understand the logic in that though, a fan film, no matter how good shouldn't affect the sales of an official product. I mean most audiences would still go to see an official movie in theatre or buy the bluray/book/comic/game. At least I would have thought so.
It's not about sales, it's usually about copyright and lawsuits. If a fan is developing something similar to an idea they have - and the fan gets it out first - they could attempt to sue Fox.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Good luck Ahab!  I'm looking forward to it!

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 30, 2019, 10:12:10 PM
Good luck Ahab!  I'm looking forward to it!

Thank you! Haven't heard from Fox since the first email. I'll assume that I'll eventually get some kind of an answer

QuoteThere's a pretty big stereotype around fanfiction and the like. It's not exactly wrong, but it's also not cool to automatically assume that it's going to be bad without actually looking at it. I'm quite proud of the stuff I work on.

I guess I've had a lot of inspiration of many Star Wars fan films... most of them are "meh" but a few really are gems. All for different reasons mind you. I keep going back to the Vader fan film, as that's something I look up to as inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIakUIIbj3Q

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

So giving it some thought, if I get the green light...I might do it in the time after Ahab got wounded, but before the events of the comic book. Perhaps an earth hunt? Or a colony?

https://youtu.be/mgd23dtSgMY

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed