A l i e n I n f e c t i o n - cancelled -

Started by War Wager, Sep 22, 2007, 08:24:38 PM

Author
A l i e n I n f e c t i o n - cancelled - (Read 7,320 times)

Sgt.Torque Reikan

well we would rather have a long waited and well done masterpiece instead of a on-time and rushed disapointment ;)

War Wager

Thats very true! I'll try and get some stills up as quick as possible.

War Wager

Today we just thought to ourselves "You know, this script isn't really good" and so we've decieded to completely rewrite the dialouge and the story itself. Some aspects of the story will still be in there (sleepover scene, forest scene) but we're trying to add new stuff too. Some of the stuff we've shot already I'd say wasn't that good anyway. Hopefully it will be bigger and better this time around.

Burn the Floor

If I were you, instead of going through the trouble of all of the camera tricks involved in using a 12-inch alien, I'd build my own costume. I'm building one out of wire and papier mache and it looks pretty dang cool.

War Wager

Could you post some pics? Inspire me!

Johnny Handsome

I would love to see some pics aswell.

Burn the Floor

I'm going to a costume party on Friday, but I'll probably have some pics before then. It's not completely finished, but it's almost done!

Burn the Floor

Sorry, I knew I said I'd have the pics before Friday, but I didn't get it finished entirely until yesterday. Here's the pics:

My advice; make the head of yours more sloped, so that it sort of "flows" into the jaw. Also, hire a really tall, thin actor to play the xeno. Another thing, (though this is just my opinion) use strobe lights if possible. It looks really cool with the xeno's movement.

Johnny Handsome

The suit looks good, but you couldnt do a movie with it, atleast i wouldnt.
But it´s a damn fine suit for a halloween party though.

Burn the Floor

I didn't mean use this exact suit. With a slightly larger budget than me and some time (and lots more foam) you could do a fan film-quality suit.

P.S. This thing looks a crapload cooler in the dark.

Johnny Handsome

With the right lighting it would look cool for sure.
How did you do the head and with what materials?

Corporal Hicks

You'd have to hide that beasty.

War Wager

Forgot this thread existed!  :P

Anyway a few months ago we just decided to pack it in, it just wasn't working. It was getting hard to shoot the outside stuff and the Alien just didn't look right. We tried a lot of techniques like having the actress further away and the Alien closer to camera = making it look bigger, but it just looked horrible. I lost my 'vision'.  :)

Alienseseses

Quote from: Revengers on Oct 27, 2007, 03:44:09 PM
Sorry, I knew I said I'd have the pics before Friday, but I didn't get it finished entirely until yesterday. Here's the pics:

http://www.geocities.com/not_so_foppish/kai_alien.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/not_so_foppish/kai_alien_back.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/not_so_foppish/kai_crouch.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/not_so_foppish/kai_crouch_scary.jpg

My advice; make the head of yours more sloped, so that it sort of "flows" into the jaw. Also, hire a really tall, thin actor to play the xeno. Another thing, (though this is just my opinion) use strobe lights if possible. It looks really cool with the xeno's movement.
How did you make that? I keep trying and failing.

Burn the Floor

Papier mache over a wireframe sculpted out of a sheet of chickenwire. I sculpted the main head first, then the jaw as a seperate peice. I made sure they could fit together before I macheed them. I put the papier mache on them as seperate compontents, painted them, and attached the jaw with some screws (also painted them). Then I painted some fake fingernails  (the ones you get in "witch" makeup kits around halloween) silver, and hot glued them in as teeth. While I was at it, I dribbled some of the hot glue around the mouth to make the slime and tendons.

That was the hard part.

The suit was simply a turtleneck that I slipped onto a mannequin as a guideline and sprayed Greatr Stuf foam sealant onto it in a Giger-esque, biomechanical pattern. I then painted that black. The legs are simply black tights, with nothing added (although they would look better if more biomech was added). The hands are green monster gloves painted black and silver. The feet are skeleton hands (black painted) glued onto a pair of black boots.

Hope this has helped :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed