Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,544 times)

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 01, 2022, 01:43:56 PM
I can speak to that - I've genuinely come across people, in real life, purchasing this particular Alien run that never once touched any Alien comics in the past, as if it being Marvel somehow legitimizes it over what came before.
Well its a major comuc book company thats how some people think

BlueMarsalis79

An independent creator will always be more legitimate to me than the bigger organisations.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 01, 2022, 02:29:36 PM
An independent creator will always be more legitimate to me than the bigger organisations.
Same for me when it done by a big company it seems to have no heart you know what I mean?

SuperiorIronman

Marvel zombies nor the kids and young adults who are their customers (largely) are going to know or care about this kind of stuff. You really have to start running in those circles to see people pointing this out with how bad the art is. Most of their customers are not the kind of people to notice this sort of thing just like how most people who'd eat at McDonalds don't know anything about how that burger is made. The average customer doesn't know nor does it care and just sees the product. That's how most everyone does it and couldn't tell you why it's bad even if they knew something was up.

On the note of big versus little guy though, no. I know enough creators who are independent and colossal pieces of shit. Everyone can be a shithead in this industry.

judge death

I think with marvel lifestyle is more the average marvel fans a comic book store owner calls them:
Most of the marvel buyers in his shop are of the opinion: only marvel make proper comics and only comics they buy are marked with marvel. To them the other comics dont exist or arent as good or serious as marvel. Compare it with apple iphone fans who only buy iphone no matter what.

Which would explain why some who might know or seen aliens from dark horse never bought them but once marvel had them: buy on day one.
when the brand is more important than anything. xD

Kradan

Depressing as hell

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: judge death on Feb 01, 2022, 07:17:36 PM
I think with marvel lifestyle is more the average marvel fans a comic book store owner calls them:
Most of the marvel buyers in his shop are of the opinion: only marvel make proper comics and only comics they buy are marked with marvel. To them the other comics dont exist or arent as good or serious as marvel. Compare it with apple iphone fans who only buy iphone no matter what.

Which would explain why some who might know or seen aliens from dark horse never bought them but once marvel had them: buy on day one.
when the brand is more important than anything. xD

It's not all Marvel readers in its entirety, but I would agree their is a portion of that.

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
[close]

That colouring on the first panel. That perspective on the last panel.  :-X

Nightmare Asylum

Oof.  :-X

I have issue 8 but still haven't bothered reading it. And haven't even picked up 9.

BlueMarsalis79

f**king lmao

Every time it gets me.

Corporal Hicks

Just finished 9. Same shit, different day visually speaking. More shitty tracing - obviously stiff figures being posed.

Regarding Jane -

Spoiler
I wonder if they're going down the Leprosy or Thyroid route here?
[close]

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2022, 02:35:22 PM
Spoiler
[close]

:laugh:

To paraphrase Will Smith in Bad Boys, "If I was into comics I'd be pissed!"

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2022, 02:35:22 PM
Spoiler
[close]

How does he sleep at night?

Kradan

Pretty well, I'd think

SiL

SiL

On a bed of money.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed