It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 93,163 times)

echobbase79

In the clip I posted at the beginning it showed all of those doors closing. I wonder if that piece is from the trailer?

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Alright, some more dialogue I found awkward:

"Tennessee can be such a jerk."

"Don't speak so loudly."

"His wife's even drunker."

Jussie's meatloaf line too.

"That was a joke right?"

It all just sounded so weird. Yuck.

skhellter

Just read that this was improvised by the actors and Luke Scott.

any confirmation, denial?

SiL

SiL

McBride's 'It's just an empty sea of nothing's line was trite. Hello, pragmatic pilot with no appreciation for the poetry of the moment who only sees the world for what's right in front of him.

salomonj

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 23, 2017, 04:23:58 AM

In the clip I posted at the beginning it showed all of those doors closing. I wonder if that piece is from the trailer?
What was that clip you posted? It certainly wasn't shown in the prologue.

XenoVC

XenoVC

This not being in the movie does factor in to me not disliking it more. Based on this alone, I can't tell if I like or hate any of the characters. It's just extended banter. Walter did not feel any different from David here. Visually, it looks and feels just like Prometheus, yet that isn't fully indicative of the actual film.

Being as it is, with this the only thing to equate, I hope the actual dialogue in A:C is devoid of any hamfisted references whatsoever.

dallevalle

alien is back !!

echobbase79

echobbase79

Yeah, a lot of the dialogue was cliched and it did get a little sappy at the end because of the music, but the toast was cool. I thought the choke was funny.

"Down the wrong pipe."

Quote from: salomonj on Feb 23, 2017, 04:28:05 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 23, 2017, 04:23:58 AM

What was that clip you posted? It certainly wasn't shown in the prologue.

That was from a commercial during the Legion premiere.

*Embedded the video. Hicks.

Morose

Morose

Of course Michael Fassbender smiles last...

BishopShouldGo

McBride killed the rhythm though with "That was a joke right?" right after the "I got your back."

Womp womp woooooomp.

whiterabbit

Quote from: dallevalle on Feb 23, 2017, 04:32:20 AM
alien is back !!
Damn right.

I don't get where all the angst is coming from. This isn't meant to be high-art film, it's an alien movie. Loaded with working class folks. Hell the dialog even appeared to be ab-lived. You know what, it's fine.  The clip's job is to advertised "hey this is alien with a capital A folks".

About the gay couple, clearly there is no discrimination in the future. Also the crew is on a one way mission so more than not it's take the one you love with yea or never see them again. With all of the hibernating people and embryos on board, it honestly doesn't matter what the crew's make up is. If that's the case, why bring the robot. Although, where is the lesbian couple?

Oh and the choke out was funny, it was obviously a pun on alien. Have fun guys.

SM

SM

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 23, 2017, 04:17:05 AM
Yeah, the gay couple was probably Ridley's idea. It's something he'd do. He likes being progressive.

Walter administering essentials is a nice touch. I love stuff like that. The only line of his that sounded weird was "requisite liquid".

He suggested that the Nostromo crew weren't necessarily all hetero.

NickisSmart

Quote from: SiL on Feb 23, 2017, 04:27:21 AM
McBride's 'It's just an empty sea of nothing's line was trite. Hello, pragmatic pilot with no appreciation for the poetry of the moment who only sees the world for what's right in front of him.

We get it. You don't like the guy. You're basically Billy Crudup's character.

Anthony

Anthony

Did anyone notice how Rigby doesn't seem to have a spouse?

Only single guy in the crew.....I'm sure he'll make it.

BishopShouldGo

Maybe Tess. Maybe in crysosleep.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed