Recent posts

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 07:38:44 PMThat could be case, if it starts pre-Prometheus and jumps forward after the events of that film, though it still doesn't totally account for the Aliens WY logo being used in the concept art, when it should be the Alien styled one at that point in the timeline (unless that detail in the art isn't actually reflective of what we end up seeing on-screen).

Remember what Noah said about ignoring the prequels? That might extend to more than just what the prequels did with the Aliens.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus connections ...
Last post by Huntsman - Today at 11:22:35 AM
Quote from: Space_Dementia on Mar 24, 2024, 06:01:02 PMOne of those theories is around a possible connection maybe to the game Alien Isolation... I personally think it be a smart way of connecting to the character of Ripley.

I'm hopeful for an Isolation reference, but I'm also kind of doubtful.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Engineers and Black Goo?
Last post by SiL - Today at 11:07:43 AM
I don't think Fede has gone past the movies, Isolation and the making ofs.

Think/hope.
I think I've come to pronounce it many different ways over the past 25 years and this was pretty much my preferred version.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Engineers and Black Goo?
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 11:02:31 AM
I'm convinced this won't be referenced in Romulus.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by xeno_alpha_07 - Today at 10:57:46 AM
"You admire it"
AvP Galaxy News / MOVED: Author Steve Perry Talk...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 10:39:51 AM
This topic has been moved to Alien-Predator Literature.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=67324.0

Alien vs. Predator Galaxy recently had the pleasure and honour of sitting down with author Steve Perry to discuss his work adapting the original trilogy of Dark Horse and Mark Verhieden Alien comics into novels for this year’s Alien Day.

While this episode is primarily Alien focused – Steve will be joining us again soon to discuss Alien vs. Predator and Predator – we naturally couldn’t help talking a little about Predator and Steve discussed the origins of the Predator language and the correct way to pronounce Yautja!

“You’re gonna me this so I’m going to tell you now. It’s ya-oot-cha. That’s the way you pronounce it. Where that came from was when she [S.D Perry] started working with me, I gave her a book of Polynesia and Hawaiian language, a dictionary. And we took that and we went through there and picked out words we liked and we would alter them so they all had a certain sound. If you use a foreign language the words tend to sound alike, there’s a flow to it.

So we wanted to use something that was unusual and Hawaain doesn’t have a lot of constanants, it’s a lot of vowels. I couldn’t tell you exactly how we came up with it…she probably did. She was very good at that kind of stuff. She said “this is interesting, it’s a good word” and we looked at it and we thought “we like this.” They have to call themselves something. A lot of people just call themselves The People so that’s what we came up with.”

Be sure to check back in on Friday 26th/Alien Day when we post the full interview with author Steve Perry! If you're not already, you can subscribe to the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast on a number of different podcasting platforms including iTunesPodBeanGooglePlayStitcherSpotify and Amazon Music.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

AvP Galaxy News / MOVED: Alien's Visual Effects ...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 10:16:28 AM
This topic has been moved to Alien Films.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=67321.0
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by Huntsman - Today at 10:11:52 AM
If the film is good it helps legitimise its place in the canon.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed