The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel

Started by felix, Dec 13, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

Author
The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel (Read 48,845 times)

Wweyland

Was the disc left on the ship though? Harrigan only took the pistol?

EJA

Pretty sure Harrigan did not take the disc.

Wweyland

Finished the book but liked the first half more than the second.
The fight scenes were the meat of the book, and interesting in a sense that you knew where each bullet hit and which exact injuries anyone had.
Also, the drug house and fairground scenes were really cool to picture in your head.

BountyHunter

A prequel novel that actually comes out before the movie? The shock!! The amazement!! 😮

HybridNewborn

I'm about a fourth of the way in, had been waiting until after seeing the film to dig into it.

It's really good so far!

Stitch

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Sep 15, 2018, 08:34:40 PM
I'm about a fourth of the way in, had been waiting until after seeing the film to dig into it.

It's really good so far!
I read it upon release and was very happy with it. I hoped that with the prequel novel being so good, that the movie would be. Not managed to see it, yet, so the jury is out on that so far.

Dannyboy

I'm kind of curious if the bio helmet we see in the display case next to jungle hunters  belongs to the predator in this novel.

happypred

Does this book have some yautja PoV?

yautjapet

Quote from: happypred on Sep 18, 2018, 11:15:59 PM

It has a ton, and it's very enjoyable!

Quote from: Dannyboy on Sep 18, 2018, 01:16:52 AM
I'm kind of curious if the bio helmet we see in the display case next to jungle hunters  belongs to the predator in this novel.

I wondered where that mask came from and I like this explanation.

Wysps

Plenty, just posted about it in the novelization thread lol. I think it's a book well worth picking up, just for those POV scenes alone. Was so interesting getting more perspective on their "view" of humanity.

Dannyboy

Quote from: yautjapet on Sep 18, 2018, 11:59:08 PM

About the only logical explanation I can think of. Although traeger only indicates that there were 2 known visits. Then again we see lex's spear. Hell if I know 🤷‍♂️

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 19, 2018, 01:49:51 AM

Plenty, just posted about it in the novelization thread lol. I think it's a book well worth picking up, just for those POV scenes alone. Was so interesting getting more perspective on their "view" of humanity.
If I remember right, the novelization for the original movie has some Predator POV stuff. I know the Predator2 novelization does.

Quote from: Dannyboy on Sep 19, 2018, 01:50:14 AM

About the only logical explanation I can think of. Although traeger only indicates that there were 2 known visits. Then again we see lex's spear. Hell if I know 🤷‍♂️
Traeger only calls out those two specifically, but he never indicates they're the only two.

Dannyboy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 19, 2018, 03:09:57 AM
Quote from: Wysps on Sep 19, 2018, 01:49:51 AM

If I remember right, the novelization for the original movie has some Predator POV stuff. I know the Predator2 novelization does.

Quote from: Dannyboy on Sep 19, 2018, 01:50:14 AM

Traeger only calls out those two specifically, but he never indicates they're the only two.
you know what I mean

Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Quote from: happypred on Aug 07, 2018, 04:50:23 AM
This sounds almost as good as South China Sea

It's better than South China Sea, imo.  More characterization of the predator's thought process and motivations.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 27, 2018, 10:46:08 AM
My review is now up :)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/the-predator-hunters-and-hunted/

Great review btw, I agree 100%. 

Regarding the cloak..
Spoiler
.I had simply assumed they upgraded technology at that point, especially with the focus on evolving and the forthcoming "Upgrade" as well.
[close]

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 02, 2018, 03:26:58 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2018, 07:51:29 AM
Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 01, 2018, 12:27:30 AM
Just finished the book. I really liked the predator as a character, and there were lots of chapters from his perspective and hints of lore to keep me happy! There were a couple bits that could prove intriguing for the movie...

Spoiler

I'm curious as to why Keyes deliberately let the predator escape, and if, as speculated in the very end, the pred really did manage to send a transmission out before the gauntlet explosion.
[close]

Spoiler
Was it meant to be Keyes? I thought it was one of Traeger's random allies.
[close]

Oh yes, I went back to check and you're right:
Spoiler
Keyes examines the predator earlier, and when the man comes in to let the pred escape, the pred think that he hasn't seen this human before. I think I just misread because the man was described as pale and blonde and I automatically thought of Keyes!
[close]
Spoiler

I've read the book 3 times now and this point still has me turned around.  In the film, Keyes tells Bracket not to let the predator get away.  However, in the predator novelization, Keyes is kind of an unhinged / wacky scientist that I could see letting the predator escape.  Fun conjecture, regardless.
[close]

happypred

I'm actually reading right now...I think it's just as good as South China Sea, with more detailed characterisation of the Yautja.

Pleasantly surprised by this

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed