User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fan Reviews  (Read 3660 times)

Corporal Hicks
Sep 11, 2021, 09:48:21 AM
Reply #90 on: Sep 11, 2021, 09:48:21 AM
So RidgeTop, Shevvie and I tried to make a dint on the campaign on Extreme the other day. Jesus Christ, is it hard. We did the first mission, but we tried 3 times or so on the second mission and couldn't make it through as yet. I'm sure I killed RT on one go through which cost us the mission, another time we triggered the next part of the mission while trying to escape another part. The whole "edge of control" feeling that Cold Iron was going for...yeah, I get it.  :laugh: Looking forward to trying again.

Voodoo Magic
Sep 11, 2021, 01:25:45 PM
Reply #91 on: Sep 11, 2021, 01:25:45 PM
Yeah, even the Runners take a lot of ammo in Extreme to bring down!

426Buddy
Sep 11, 2021, 03:11:39 PM
Reply #92 on: Sep 11, 2021, 03:11:39 PM
I'm on the 3rd mission of campaign 3! I'm not having too many issues with Alpha and Beta either. However I don't think I'm a good enough gamer to play above standard lol. I've found it pretty challenging as is, don't know how extreme would be possible  :laugh:

Xiggz456
Sep 15, 2021, 01:55:26 PM
Reply #93 on: Sep 15, 2021, 01:55:26 PM
I don't get  lot of time to play and I'm not very good. So I'm still trying to beat the second campaign on standard with just bots.

This game is not easy for me  :laugh:

I need to just start playing with random and hope for the best.

This is how it’s currently going for me. I’ve replayed the third mission of the second chapter several times solo and I just can’t beat what I assume is the final onslaught of androids. Makes me think I need to play with actual humans to beat it but I just want to beat it once on easy for the story before I join other players. Also with other players I notice that it becomes more mission oriented with them driving the pace whereas I like to sometimes stop and appreciate the level design details. So I like it but I do think it’s a bit too difficult on easy mode and wish there was a better checkpoint system so I wouldn’t have to replay the entire mission.

Corporal Hicks
Sep 15, 2021, 02:03:46 PM
Reply #94 on: Sep 15, 2021, 02:03:46 PM
Stop up on the electro rounds and sentries to take in and save them for the end!! That section was so much f**king harder in the preview build too.

426Buddy
Sep 15, 2021, 03:36:58 PM
Reply #95 on: Sep 15, 2021, 03:36:58 PM
I only had to try that mission 3 times on standard single player. As long as you kill the special syths quickly it's not too bad.

I'm stuck on 4-1 now though, only tried it twice but having some trouble.

Jumss
Sep 16, 2021, 10:05:24 AM
Reply #97 on: Sep 16, 2021, 10:05:24 AM
So RidgeTop, Shevvie and I tried to make a dint on the campaign on Extreme the other day. Jesus Christ, is it hard. We did the first mission, but we tried 3 times or so on the second mission and couldn't make it through as yet. I'm sure I killed RT on one go through which cost us the mission, another time we triggered the next part of the mission while trying to escape another part. The whole "edge of control" feeling that Cold Iron was going for...yeah, I get it.  :laugh: Looking forward to trying again.
Have you guys gotten any further? I've managed to make it up to the only way to be sure with randoms so if you guys need a hand let me know

426Buddy
Sep 21, 2021, 10:59:46 PM
Reply #98 on: Sep 21, 2021, 10:59:46 PM
I finally beat the game on standard and with bots. I have to say I had a lot of fun with this game, all in all it gets a solid 8/10 from a biased Aliens fan. It has surprising depth to the classes and all the builds and upgrades.  All the stuff around the gameplay is pretty deep but the gameplay itself is simple and repetitive even though there is some strategy. The main thing is that it's f**king fun as hell. The weapons feel great and there is a million things to love as an Alien fan. This is the best looking alien hive I've seen in any game, jaw dropping in the final campaign. There is pure joy to be found in the art of some of these levels and visuals.

My main issues are that matchmaking launched as a mess and there have been some crazy bugs. There should be a mid save point in these levels or a safe area for when life happens in the middle of a mission. And while I really love how the lore is presented this game really needs a bit more of a narrative. I like the story but it's needs more connective tissue. Even if it was in the form of cutscenes at the start and end of each campaign. That I think would have really gone a long way toward making the story more satisfying to experience. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think it's more than worth price of admission  and I recommend it to all Aliens fans. I was concerned leading up to the game but it has surpassed expectations, great job Cold Iron!!

8/10

« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2021, 11:33:21 PM by 426Buddy »

Inverse Effect
Sep 22, 2021, 05:45:33 AM
Reply #99 on: Sep 22, 2021, 05:45:33 AM
I'd do a pro and con version.

Things i like the most.

+ The Varity in the guns, skins and cosmetics.
+ The enemy Alien Varity is wonderful.
+ Sound Design on the Aliens is bloody fantastic!
+ Graphics really do the universe justice, from enemy designs to environments (Which are gorgeous)
+ Character classes and leveling up along with the perk system.
+ Challenge Cards are a great idea!
+ Different themed stages, Classic Alien corridor, to engineer/ Prometheus style levels, to Hives, and Derelict levels. All are great!

Things i dislike or i think are bad.

- The Voice over constantly telling you where things are coming from is annoying and removes tension.
- Alien spawns are very predictable and aren't random if you do the levels enough.
- Matchmaking is garbage, you often have to drop out every 30 seconds and re-join to find people. Player base is sparse.
- AI Bots are garbage in general and just stand in the way, and have no classes or abilities to be useful.
- Some Classes/gun combo's make the game trivial and too easy to farm the first level over and over for exp.
- Very Short campaign.
- Some Under powered guns and some OP guns.
- No animations on characters when they speak.
- Needs a PvP mode i think for longevity
- Could do with a drop in style matchmaker.

The negatives aren't game breaking by any means, and it's just things that could be fixed over time. I'd recommend the game on PC at retail price for sure if you're a fan or not.

I'd give the game a honest 7/10 tbh.  It's not a bad game, it's well designed. Has good intentions, and does the universe justice and the gameplay is decent. It's just not amazing or anything like Isolation was. But not as shit as A:CM.

« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2021, 05:53:02 AM by Inverse Effect »

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed