Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus connections ...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 06:48:22 PM
I agree but
Spoiler
black goo will be there apparently
[close]
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 06:47:34 PM
CGI is fine as long as it isn't too obvious like in Covenant.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus connections ...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 06:43:01 PM
While I don't known how much this connects to the prequels, I just hope its very minimal and to the point it can be ignored.

I don't think future alien media should reference the prequels. Give Ridley a chance to make his finale and then close the door on it and then have it classed as a wild "what if" scenario for alien origins.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 06:39:32 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 05:46:38 PMThe funny thing about Fede saying he cut the trailer... we had confirmation that a production house had made it. So maybe he did a rough cut and passed it on to the studio, but he didn't make the whole thing himself. Marketing is funny, it's the same as that "no cgi" talk with films like Top Gun. They used a shit ton of CGI on that film, and they will be with Romulus too, even likely replacing practical effects at times. They're going to have to.

Not sure why they gotta fib a bit to make it sound cooler. Just tell the truth!

Yeah that is not the best way to create good will or trust with the audience.
While some folk prefer practical effects (me included), that doesn't mean they are against cgi or consider it a cardinal sin that should be lied about. CGI is fine but it should only be used to do things a practical effect can not. Unfortunately some films use it as a shortcut.
Yeah, I was completely baffled by the information that they digitally removed the blue screens from the BTS footage and photos of Barbie. The lie that it is all done in camera is a weird one.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Sonic (Live Action)
Last post by ace3g - Today at 06:05:47 PM
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed