20th Century Fox Launches Alien Revolt Minisite

Started by Darkness, Jul 27, 2014, 08:15:05 PM

Author
20th Century Fox Launches Alien Revolt Minisite (Read 21,473 times)

Darkness

20th Century Fox have launched a surprising new minisite called Alien Revolt to celebrate the release of the 35th Anniversary of Alien. It seems a new Limited Edition Alien Blu-Ray set will be released on October 7th with some snazzy new artwork. It’s not clear at this point whether or not it will contain any new features but I sincerely doubt it. Now, the minisite will feature weekly missions where users can score points and rewards. It’s all based around Facebook so you’ll need a profile there first. There’s a countdown timer to August 17th… which is when all this kicks off. 20th Century Fox have also got four giveaways lined up for fans, starting with one of the recent Alien Novels.

alien-revolt Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

In addition to those things, they’ve got some Alien cosplay pictures from past Comic-Cons on there. I guess we’ll have to keep our eyes peeled for this. Thanks to Quarax for the news.

MrSpaceJockey

That is a pretty sweet cover...

swarm87

steelbook?

Cvalda

New 35th anniversary fansite from 20th Century Fox, promoting Comic Con, Alien Isolation, an upcoming limited edition 35th Anniversary Blu-ray release and more.

Nightmare Asylum

Gorgeous cover.

Not really looking to double dip, but if there are some great new extras included I might have to.

Cvalda

That 35th anniversary art is just gorgeous. I made a desktop wallpaper with it if anyone else wants it:

predxeno

Does anybody know what exactly this 35th Anniversary Edition will have that the Alien Anthology doesn't?  I'm kinda interested but I don't wanna shell out extra cash for something I may already own a copy of.

Cvalda

No release info has been made yet aside from the cover art. There is a release coming out in Japan that has some extra stuff with it:

But it's just add ons, nothing new on the disc itself in terms of extras (except the Japanese dub, but unless you speak Japanese who cares). It's probably just gonna be a repackaging of the already released Alien disc with some nice packaging.

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be all over a theatrical rerelease if anything like that were to happen. Never got to experience this one on the big screen, unfortunately.

Cvalda

I've seen it five times theatrically in the last three years ;D It gets shown often, you just have to check your listings every few weeks. Many cinema chains do classic film showings every other week.

Nightmare Asylum

My theater used to do "cult classics" showings midnights on Saturdays during the summer, I believe, but unfortunately they stopped that a few years ago. Conveniently around the time I started driving. :P  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Dachande and I went to a Saga showing last year which was really cool. I've done a showing of Alien and Aliens in Nottingham some years back. I've also watched Aliens at Pinewood Studios which was nice - uncomfortable and the reason I now have a fold up chair in my boot.

Cvalda

MrSpaceJockey

lol i love how harry dean stanton has the front billing and a place in the URL.

Cvalda

From Walmart.com:

QuoteThis "Alien 35th Anniversary Limited-Edition Set" includes both the theatrical version and director's cut on Blu-ray, along with audio commentaries, deleted scenes and more - PLUS - a reprint of the original "Alien" illustrated comic and all-new, collectible art cards as a tribute to the late H.R. Giger, creator of the iconic movie monster that started it all. When the crew of the space-tug Nostromo responds to a distress signal from a barren planet, they discover a mysterious life form that breeds within human hosts. The acid-blooded extraterrestrial proves to be the ultimate adversary as crew members battle to stay alive and prevent the deadly creature from reaching Earth. Directed by Ridley Scott and starring Sigourney Weaver in her breakout performance as Ripley, this legendary first film in the "Alien" saga will leave you breathless.

Audio Commentary by Director Ridley Scott, Cast and Crew, Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott (Theatrical Version Only), Introduction by Ridley Scott (Director's Cut Only), Final Theatrical Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith, Composers Original Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith, Deleted and Extended Scenes.

Subtitles: English SDH (Subtitles for Deaf and Hearing Impaired), French and Spanish.

So yeah, nothing new, especially if you already own the comic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed