A Beautiful Disaster, Alien 3 30th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #145

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 30, 2022, 05:01:10 PM

Author
A Beautiful Disaster, Alien 3 30th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #145 (Read 8,404 times)

City Hunter Yautja

I only watch The Assembly Cut these days. Though I find the absence of the Queen Chestburster coming out of Ripley as she falls into the lead in Theatrical Cut a scene that should be in both cuts. Without it, the whole see feels anticlimactic.

Kradan

I think it works just fine without it. But that's me

BlueMarsalis79

I agree, although I do not mind the visual either.

Huntsman

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 06:29:04 AMI only watch The Assembly Cut these days. Though I find the absence of the Queen Chestburster coming out of Ripley as she falls into the lead in Theatrical Cut a scene that should be in both cuts. Without it, the whole see feels anticlimactic.
It also adds urgency. We know Ripley is doomed but I'd prefer to see the burst actually happen.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 16, 2022, 11:49:49 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 06:29:04 AMI only watch The Assembly Cut these days. Though I find the absence of the Queen Chestburster coming out of Ripley as she falls into the lead in Theatrical Cut a scene that should be in both cuts. Without it, the whole see feels anticlimactic.
It also adds urgency. We know Ripley is doomed but I'd prefer to see the burst actually happen.

Exactly. It also makes Lance Henriksen's acting in that scene work, without the Chestburster he comes off over the top, but with the Chestburster his emotion seems normal.

BlueMarsalis79

I look forward to the A34K Project so I never have to choose again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed