How The Predator Will Solidify The Series' Complicated Continuity

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 18, 2016, 06:00:24 AM

Author
How The Predator Will Solidify The Series' Complicated Continuity (Read 41,799 times)

overthere

overthere

The only reason we think Predators prefer heat is because Anna said "only in hottest years this happens."
But she based that on probably just one Predator. Her sample was way too low in any case to make a bold claim like that. Evidence inconclusive.

Xan21

Heat fits the character, a rastafarian creature doesn't belong in a cold climate. The vibe of the film should be hot, sweaty, eerie, bloody, if that's not the case I don't care for it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Jul 06, 2016, 09:45:38 PMThe only reason we think Predators prefer heat is because Anna said "only in hottest years this happens."

Gary Busey specifically says they show up where there's heat and conflict in the second film, and lists several examples.

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 07, 2016, 07:49:32 AM

Gary Busey specifically says they show up where there's heat and conflict in the second film, and lists several examples.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I stand corrected.

EJA

Doesn't mean some don't hunt in cooler weather though. We saw them hunting in Antarctica in AVP, so there's precedent for the idea.

HuDaFuK

No, but it certainly implies hot spots are the norm, or at least their preference.

Master

AvP is precedent cause temple was under Bovotoya. Also it was a ritual so it`s rules might have been different. I really like this heat and conflict set up. Makes predator attack somethign special.

Kaltes

Quote from: Xan21 on Jul 06, 2016, 10:16:30 PM
The vibe of the film should be hot, sweaty, eerie, bloody, if that's not the case I don't care for it.

That's something this film should definitely try to have, Predators lacked any and all tension with the environment and that lessened its impact in comparison to the original two movies.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 07, 2016, 12:12:20 PM
No, but it certainly implies hot spots are the norm, or at least their preference.
Which would explain why the young bloods had to kill Xenos in the cold. Makes the hunt that much more challenging to be out of your element.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Aug 06, 2016, 03:00:13 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 07, 2016, 12:12:20 PM
Which would explain why the young bloods had to kill Xenos in the cold. Makes the hunt that much more challenging to be out of your element.

Exactly. I always thought that was self explanatory.

Kel G 426

Because Predators need the extra challenge when fighting pansy ass Aliens.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed