News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 551,049 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

The USCSS COVENANT departs in T-MINUS  318 days!! 8)

TimmyTurnersDad

Quote from: SiL on Sep 20, 2016, 07:24:29 AM
Hell no that's not going to be Covenant. Unless they want to test with no effects shots.

George Miller did that with Mad Max: Fury Road roughly a whole year before its theatrical release. So while it might seem unlikely, it is possible.

BishopShouldGo

Hell no that's not going to be Covenant. Unless they want to test with no effects shots.

It's probably for Passengers.

SuicideDoors

@PrometheusFilms reckon they know when the trailer is going to arrive  ::)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 20, 2016, 07:23:51 AM
I've no idea. Was just a connecting the dots thought.

Well if that bit about the script being "incredible" is indeed first hand information from Charles then we're probably onto a winner.

QuoteMight be too early for a test screening though.

He seems pretty certain it's for Covvie, mentioned some kind of relation to The Martian and Prometheus as well:

Quote@pj_campbell Can't be GOTG, maybe Alien: Covenant?

@DeLuxODonnell92 We have a winner...Because I'm pretty positive it's the latter...

I'm curious that it has The Martian and Prometheus listed. Makes me wonder...

Personally I'd reckon from January onward would be more realistic. Prometheus' first test screening was in late February for a June release.

CainsSon

I hope they test screen early. Fans are do a really solid Alien film. And honestly the odds are kinda in our favor at this point. I hope to hear they got this right and made a good thriller. Otherwise someone is gonna tap on JJ Abrahms shoulder at some point.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I'd prefer they don't test screen at all. While test screenings can help to make the film more commercially viable it rarely does the film itself any favours. In fact, test screenings are responsible for really messing-up Blade Runner and Alien 3's original theatrical versions.

Stolen

Test screening are bullshit ! Best way to destroy an audacious movie

fiveways

Test Screenings do not often reflect the core group that is going to see a film like this.  It's like the members of the MPAA ratings board.

The second point I would like to make is they will hold said screening in the USA, as they always hold them in the USA.  Prometheus did not do well domestically and was way better accepted internationally, so do you hold said screening in the US or abroad?  Do you do both or do you just let North America decide and possibly alienate the larger market for your film?

Knowing Fox they will go the easy route and just test it in the USA.  I am shocked if they would already be doing a test screening.  That will be a lot of half done elements unless production is way further along than any of us assumed it to be.

Pvt. Himmel

Matt Damon, Sigourney Weaver, Noomi Rapace, Katherine Waterston and Kristen Wiig  to Toast Ridley Scott at American Cinematheque Awards.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/matt-damon-sigourney-weaver-toast-931102

What a perfect time to show some footage. 8)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 20, 2016, 04:27:20 PM
I'd prefer they don't test screen at all. While test screenings can help to make the film more commercially viable it rarely does the film itself any favours. In fact, test screenings are responsible for really messing-up Blade Runner and Alien 3's original theatrical versions.

Good point. Never underestimate the power of stupid people en mass. I redact my original statement.

Bad Replicant

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but could this t-shirt be a clue to CdL's latest project?

From a twitter post in July. I would miss his touch on the extras for an Alien film. :(

(Unless he's got crew covering that as well.)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Himmelblau on Sep 20, 2016, 11:36:00 PM
Matt Damon, Sigourney Weaver, Noomi Rapace, Katherine Waterston and Kristen Wiig  to Toast Ridley Scott at American Cinematheque Awards.

We should keep an eye on that. Seems like a great opportunity to show something off.

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Sep 21, 2016, 06:44:13 AM
Sorry if this has been brought up already, but could this t-shirt be a clue to CdL's latest project?

From a twitter post in July. I would miss his touch on the extras for an Alien film. :(

He's set a standard that I think would be hard to live up to. If he is working on Star Wars that'd be another dream gig for him. IIRC he's a huge Star Wars fan.

Keep an eye on this: http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/videos

Jussie Smollett was on yesterday but the episode isn't up. Not that I can watch it anyway, it's location locked.

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 21, 2016, 07:40:31 AM
Quote from: Himmelblau on Sep 20, 2016, 11:36:00 PM

We should keep an eye on that. Seems like a great opportunity to show something off.

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Sep 21, 2016, 06:44:13 AM

He's set a standard that I think would be hard to live up to. If he is working on Star Wars that'd be another dream gig for him. IIRC he's a huge Star Wars fan.

I'll admit, the prospect of him doing behind the scenes coverage for Star Wars is quite appealing. Still, at the end of the day I'd hope for his involvement with Covenant above all. I honestly think The Furious Gods was one of the coolest things to come out of the entire Prometheus production, and it would be nice to at least have another doc of that calibre regardless of how this one turns out. ;D

Who knows though. Whatever he's been up to I'd say it's still possible he could've had someone on site shooting for him.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Sep 21, 2016, 05:34:27 PM
I'll admit, the prospect of him doing behind the scenes coverage for Star Wars is quite appealing. Still, at the end of the day I'd hope for his involvement with Covenant above all. I honestly think The Furious Gods was one of the coolest things to come out of the entire Prometheus production, and it would be nice to at least have another doc of that calibre regardless of how this one turns out. ;D

No doubt. I would rather have CdL working on Alien: Covenant (I don't care enough about SW for that). His work on the Quadrilogy essentially spoiled all other DVD releases for me. And that's not an exaggeration. I expect that kind of quality now. If not, I'm disappointed.

QuoteWho knows though. Whatever he's been up to I'd say it's still possible he could've had someone on site shooting for him.

Hopefully. I was trying to find out who was doing it but haven't gotten anywhere with this.

A tweet from Wayne in regards to Ridley saying Edward Hopper's Nighthawks as being an influence for Blade Runner:

QuoteRidley has all sorts of homages in his films.. A few in Covenant so far. From well known material to the most obscure!

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/778748015938981889

QuoteBeen almost 2 months since I got my head shaven for a small part as an extra in the movie Alien: Covenant. I've let my hair grow out and today I've gotten it cut back into its original shape. Never again will I want to get my head shaved, but you gotta do what you gotta do to achieve your goals

And this fellow is playing an Engineer. ^^

I was trying to ask how many other Engineer extras there were and he said:
QuoteThere was around 30-50 extras

I'm not sure if he meant Engineers so I left another message saying that's a lot of blue guys and he liked the reply.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed