Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,611 times)

Kailem

https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/1354184856243236867?s=20

Illfonic streaming in just over two hours. Hopefully we might get our first look at Isabelle tonight, and perhaps even (hopefully) some words or hints at future DLC. Otherwise it would seem a bit strange to be doing a stream at all, especially when there's only half a week left until February when she's due to come out.

bendinglight

Quote from: Kailem on Jan 27, 2021, 08:46:40 PM
https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/1354184856243236867?s=20

Illfonic streaming in just over two hours. Hopefully we might get our first look at Isabelle tonight, and perhaps even (hopefully) some words or hints at future DLC. Otherwise it would seem a bit strange to be doing a stream at all, especially when there's only half a week left until February when she's due to come out.

I would be surprised if they gave any look at the DLC - they have yet to do that outside of the outline of the character. And more than likely, the next update will be released in the middle of the month rather than at the beginning.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great if they shared information or 'looks' but each time the question is raised about future content/delivery dates/updates/etc., it is met with the same response: "We cannot say anything but when we can, we will let you know."

Kailem

Kailem

That's what makes me think they might be showing it off tonight, since if they're not planning on it then it seems a bit pointless to be having a dev stream like this so close to when they said the DLC would be coming out in the first place (though granted when they first said "February" I was expecting the end of Feb too).

Plus it only invites a ton of "where's the DLC?" questions in the chat throughout the entire stream if they're just doing one for no real reason. So I'm crossing my fingers that we might at least get something out of this.

EDIT: Nope, never mind, you're right. Stream just started and they're already at the "we're not talking about future DLC" responses in the chat. Oh well, end of February it probably is then!

Corporal Hicks

So nothing of interest at all?

Voodoo Magic

Unfortunately, it would seem not mate. :-\

Quote from: Kailem on Jan 27, 2021, 09:54:14 PM
EDIT: Nope, never mind, you're right. Stream just started and they're already at the "we're not talking about future DLC" responses in the chat. Oh well, end of February it probably is then!

bendinglight

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2021, 08:14:16 AM
So nothing of interest at all?

Nothing of substance - the general statement was 'we have a lot of good stuff coming'. I raised the question about releasing to Steam but was met with crickets. I also asked about cross-platform progression which Illfonic moderator said to put that in the 'Feedback' section of the forum. I think the forum is pretty awful and it seems like it is just a bunch of bickering and screaming into a void.

Kailem

Yeah I was like "isn't their official forum mostly just people bitching about balance over and over again?"

I did catch that they're planning to have another patch out before the February update, but to be honest I mostly tuned out early on when I saw them say in the chat that they wouldn't be showing or talking about any future DLC in this stream.

bendinglight

Quote from: Kailem on Jan 28, 2021, 07:02:01 PM
Yeah I was like "isn't their official forum mostly just people bitching about balance over and over again?"

Haha - pretty much...or people just trolling to troll, which I don't get but whatever. There is so much noise on that forum that I feel like actual constructive threads are lost in the chaos.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I tried for a little while to start with to keep up to date with it all but it quickly became noise. There's a reason I never tend to regularly frequent the official boards.

Mr.Turok

Its been said by OldKingHamlet, one of the community devs, that they have a strong policy they are forced to follow about talks for the info of future releases during streams so anyone who ever has plans to ask for future content in these streams should stop now.

In fact, here is a better rundown by the man himself:

RidgeTop

Just the nature of games in a larger media franchise I suppose. A smaller developer working with a massive publisher and another massive IP holder wants to avoid getting into trouble.

Voodoo Magic

Can't blame them I guess.

SuperiorIronman

Reposting from the Illfonic boards but I was browsing Twitter and a dev post looking at the setup left something interesting.

They could blur the image but couldn't hide the red Predator U.I from creeping out. So why blur that if it's a map/Predator/gear that we've seen before? My guess one or all of those might actually be in a coming update. We know Berserker is in the pipeline and so I think Berserker might actually be the free part of the February update. Why blur a Predator if it's a class we've already seen? It could be a new map but my money is on the Predator given we've even seen the animations for Berserkers plasmacaster.

bendinglight

Hopefully this is the new mode for single player of the Pred: https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/lone-wolf-time-attack-mode/18915

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

New female Predator "Valkryie" arrives today. It's on PSN but at this time unable to be purchased. Norse Hammer (her new weapon) will be available free through gameplay in April.

Not sure if this means Isabelle was actually the blacked out image of Valkyrie or if Isabelle is free. Given the aesthetic choice I'm wondering if the Viking and Valkyrie would've been on Earth at the same time.
___________________--

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/16/new-year-new-mode-new-content-for-predator-hunting-grounds/

Looks like while no dedicated game mode is here there is a bunch of new things for custom private games as well as cutting down on duplicate items in the field lockers. The blog also points to the Egyptian Predator being the next Predator class.

So the long tail dreadlocks appear to be an early version of the Valkyrie dreads. They're usable on both gender of Predator if anyone is worried but due have some twitching due to physics messing about. Valkyrie mask might have some mild positioning errors on the warpaint. She also has the basic female head so like the others nothing unique facially. Unlike Viking the wrist launcher does not appear when equipped.

Decent health (seemingly on par with City Hunter), full speed bars, movement speed similar to city hunter with 9 gear points and 14 perk points.

Similarly to Samurai her backpack opens up to reveal the plasmacaster but both of them do. For some reason she has two but only reveals one gun. I definitely like the audio on the swing of the hammer. Confirming as well only one wristblade.

There appears to be a rest glitch with her resetting weapons to a previous loadout.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed